Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

lol If Car and Driver can't get the correct winter tires, no one can. Still confused why Cadillac did nothing to assure there were winter tires available for this car... did they really think no one would drive their "luxury" car in the cold?
I blame C&D based on that article….I called discount tire in June to get the ball rolling on winter tires for my 5V. Rookie move waiting till any month past August or September for performance winter tires. Surely this isn’t their first rodeo and they know better

I blame C&D based on that article….I called discount tire in June to get the ball rolling on winter tires for my 5V. Rookie move waiting till any month past August or September for performance winter tires. Surely this isn’t their first rodeo and they know better
It's a different situation 4BW vs 5BW.

In my seemingly endless hope to one day drive my long-awaited 5BW and with snow on the ground here in Iowa, I broke down and decided to order a set of wheels and tires for my future car. With the options presented here so carefully by others, I ended up going with a set of 20" wheels wrapped in the Vredestein's. I didn't want to go bigger but didn't really like the 19" options available on their site as I want to keep true to my black/white theme on the car and didn't want to sacrifice that during the whole long winter. The pirelli sottozero option on stock wheels were my next option considered but with cost of just tires being within ~600 dollars of a this set of wheels and tires, I just went for this. I know going up in size is not ideal for winter, but with this being intended to be driven a bit in anything other than conditions where clearance and ice are issues (roads here are cleaned up very well in winter) I hope that having a winter set up with thinner contact patch will make up for any possible differences. Add to that the convenience and safety of just switching wheels and tires is much easier than changing tires on the stockers, and that sold it for me. I hope I get to put them on some day soon when I finally get my car. I added TPMS and black valve stems, all shipped to my door for 2,904.07. I'm thinking about getting them ceramic coated before mounting, trying to get a quote on that from the shop who did my 4BW and will do by 5BW vs. diy. Obviously more to come once I get to drive on these.

1671295386423.png

Last edited:
Following up not that I have driven these for about 400 miles and in freezing temps. Once the initial shock of the steering feel wore off, I am actually liking these tires. Definitely require a more judicious throttle, but totally usable - and a bit comfier for the choppy winter roads. Still won't ever intentionally drive them with any snow on the ground, but for dry cold temps, totally fine.
What is the "steering feel" that you disliked? Can you be more specific? I'm thinking of using these Coopers as well.

Actually had a clear interchange ramp and once straight, floored it in 3rd at ~70. Still spun like crazy. Winter driving sucks.
Surprised to hear this on the Sottozeros! What was the temp outside? I’ve been thoroughly impressed with how well they handle heavy throttle and even launch control lol. Haven’t driven them in super cold conditions yet however. I just keep having to remind myself the stopping distance isn’t nearly as good as summers.

Surprised to hear this on the Sottozeros! What was the temp outside? I’ve been thoroughly impressed with how well they handle heavy throttle and even launch control lol. Haven’t driven them in super cold conditions yet however. I just keep having to remind myself the stopping distance isn’t nearly as good as summers.
Launch control??? I wouldn't dare. Anything over 50% throttle gets sketchy. Temps were in the 20s. Tires reported as cold even though I had been driving on the expressway for 15 miles or so.

For the first time in 20+ years I'm actually thinking about driving "my toy" in the winter as long as the white stuff is not down. I may have to look into another set of socks and shoes... I also have to see what they say about damage to the PS4's when below 40.

What is the "steering feel" that you disliked? Can you be more specific? I'm thinking of using these Coopers as well.

It is just less direct, and a little mushy.

But once the initial shock wears off, it is totally fine. Just did a 400 trip on the car with some high speed cornering in low 30s Temps and I am overall happy.

It is just less direct, and a little mushy.

But once the initial shock wears off, it is totally fine. Just did a 400 trip on the car with some high speed cornering in low 30s Temps and I am overall happy.
The Nokians are the same way. Tough to complain too much, they're otherwise great and putting the suspension into sport compensates a little bit.

Just got the Michelin Alpin PA4's 255/265 on tonight. Surprised at how little road noise there was and it still takes corners really well. I know they are super tough to find, but for those that need winter tires on stock rims, I endorse the PA4s.
Any tips on where to buy? They seem to be backordered nationwide.

Regarding number 3, I had same issue in that my local Discount Tire wouldn’t mount a square tire set up on stock wheels for me. I ended up calling Tire Rack Mobile Installation and they came to my house and did the tire swap in my driveway! It was awesome and well worth the price, $30 to mount/dismount/balance each wheel. Give them a call and see if they service your area.

Christopher.
I had no idea they do mobile install — that's amazing. Was it 30/ea ($120 total)? What tires + sizes did you get? Thanks in advance!

In my seemingly endless hope to one day drive my long-awaited 5BW and with snow on the ground here in Iowa, I broke down and decided to order a set of wheels and tires for my future car. With the options presented here so carefully by others, I ended up going with a set of 20" wheels wrapped in the Vredestein's. I didn't want to go bigger but didn't really like the 19" options available on their site as I want to keep true to my black/white theme on the car and didn't want to sacrifice that during the whole long winter. The pirelli sottozero option on stock wheels were my next option considered but with cost of just tires being within ~600 dollars of a this set of wheels and tires, I just went for this. I know going up in size is not ideal for winter, but with this being intended to be driven a bit in anything other than conditions where clearance and ice are issues (roads here are cleaned up very well in winter) I hope that having a winter set up with thinner contact patch will make up for any possible differences. Add to that the convenience and safety of just switching wheels and tires is much easier than changing tires on the stockers, and that sold it for me. I hope I get to put them on some day soon when I finally get my car. I added TPMS and black valve stems, all shipped to my door for 2,904.07. I'm thinking about getting them ceramic coated before mounting, trying to get a quote on that from the shop who did my 4BW and will do by 5BW vs. diy. Obviously more to come once I get to drive on these.

View attachment 15185
Santa came early. We’ll see if I get to use them with the car if it ever gets here.

Attachments

• 7B7F9489-5ABF-453B-A523-29C47267BEB0.jpeg
    7B7F9489-5ABF-453B-A523-29C47267BEB0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • A7A1F316-B8AB-40A6-B003-1160DD24DF6C.jpeg
    A7A1F316-B8AB-40A6-B003-1160DD24DF6C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
I had no idea they do mobile install — that's amazing. Was it 30/ea ($120 total)? What tires + sizes did you get? Thanks in advance!
Yes it was $30 each wheel/tire. I ended up having them swap my OEM Caddy whees/tires onto my Forged One Competition wheels/ snow tires. Long story short bought the forged wheels and snow tires and liked the wheels so much I choose to keep them for summer and the Caddy wheels for winter. Total it cost me $240 (8 dismounts/mounts). Well worth the price and convivence to me especially having it down in my driveway so I can observe.

Last edited:
Yes it was $30 each wheel/tire. I ended up having them swap my OEM Caddy whees/tires onto my Forged One Competition wheels/ snow tires. Long story short bought the forged wheels and snow tires and liked the wheels so much I choose to keep them for summery and the Caddy wheels for winter. Total it cost me $240 (8 dismounts/mounts). Well worth the price and convivence to me especially having it down in my driveway so I can observe.
Nice, thanks for the reply. What winter tires did you get?

Bridgestone Blizzak's from TireRack, 255/35/18 square set up.
Would that fit the stock wheels? (I assume no, but I'm desperate for winter tires, so I'm asking a dumb question, hah.)

Would that fit the stock wheels? (I assume no, but I'm desperate for winter tires, so I'm asking a dumb question, hah.)
Yes the 255/35/18 square Blizzaks fit stock wheels no rubbing, no issues whatsoever. Go to TireRack website for ordering. Not sure if they still have them in stock; I ordered back in September. If needed, contact Taggart at TireRack, awesome guy, super knowledgeable. He can help you. If you need any more help feel free to message me separately.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back