Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

For anyone looking at the continental DWS 06 plus tires: if you go up to a 285x35xR18 in the rear you can get the XL load rating.

CT5 BW: After reading all the posts; the recommended ones are 10mm downsize:
In tireRack
295/30R19 : I can only find : Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
265/35R19: I can only find: PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIE II

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Anyone knows the square set up would work?
Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.47.00 PM.png

In tireRack

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

View attachment 14337
Another forum member went with the square setup earlier in this thread: Winter Wheels and Tires

However, you'll obviously need new wheels as well.
Yep... and I'm doing the same this weekend. They arrived today already set up on the O.Z.'s. I will probably switch them over on Sunday.

In tireRack

View attachment 14337
Search sottozero II on tire rack and 295/30/19 and 255/40/19 are both in stock. Been running them for a week with zero issues.

Just got the Michelin Alpin PA4's 255/265 on tonight. Surprised at how little road noise there was and it still takes corners really well. I know they are super tough to find, but for those that need winter tires on stock rims, I endorse the PA4s.

Just got the Michelin Alpin PA4's 255/265 on tonight. Surprised at how little road noise there was and it still takes corners really well. I know they are super tough to find, but for those that need winter tires on stock rims, I endorse the PA4s.
Have 4 of those going on tomorrow

Had a crappy couple of weeks here... so now I'm in my own head. Don't have time to get into details and put up pics now, but will when I have a second.
1) big screw in tire so needed new tire. Thank goodness for tire protection plan and local dealership was awesome.
2) front bumper/ quarter panel were hit in parking lot (almost 3k in damage). Not caught on SVR and trying to see if parking lot had video... but we all know how likely that'll turn out.
3) local tire place won't put on recommended winter square set up from tire rack because of liability risks of switching from staggered setup... and temps dropping to 27 overnight. Been rechecking for other options all afternoon with basically no luck.
🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

... I'm heading out right now to AC see Sebastian Maniscalco... which is cool because I could use a laugh right now.

Had a crappy couple of weeks here... so now I'm in my own head. Don't have time to get into details and put up pics now, but will when I have a second.
1) big screw in tire so needed new tire. Thank goodness for tire protection plan and local dealership was awesome.
2) front bumper/ quarter panel were hit in parking lot (almost 3k in damage). Not caught on SVR and trying to see if parking lot had video... but we all know how likely that'll turn out.
3) local tire place won't put on recommended winter square set up from tire rack because of liability risks of switching from staggered setup... and temps dropping to 27 overnight. Been rechecking for other options all afternoon with basically no luck.
🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

... I'm heading out right now to AC see Sebastian Maniscalco... which is cool because I could use a laugh right now.
Look for any performance shops that also do wheels and tires, they typically have the brain-power to know that you did your homework and just get the tires mounted and wheels balanced.

🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Jesus sorry man, you seemed to have continued on with my bad luck spree. Hopefully everything works out with damage. 2nd the recommendation to skip a dealer or tire place and look for either a performance shop or a powder coating shop to mount and balance.. they likely would take better care of the wheels too and not scratch or damage them like my tire shop did.

🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Regarding number 3, I had same issue in that my local Discount Tire wouldn’t mount a square tire set up on stock wheels for me. I ended up calling Tire Rack Mobile Installation and they came to my house and did the tire swap in my driveway! It was awesome and well worth the price, $30 to mount/dismount/balance each wheel. Give them a call and see if they service your area.

Christopher.

🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Nooooooooooo!!!! I can't believe your car got hit. WTF!!! Where did it happen?

I got my tires put on at Stiles Sunoco on 38 and Hartford Rd. Locally owned place, nice guys, and they did a great job.

Nooooooooooo!!!! I can't believe your car got hit. WTF!!! Where did it happen?

I got my tires put on at Stiles Sunoco on 38 and Hartford Rd. Locally owned place, nice guys, and they did a great job.
Pretty sure Manayunk. I saw a white mini van parked on an angle next to me... but I looked at my car and theirs and didn't see anything. It was dark though and can't remember if I used my phone flashlight (I remember that the thought crossed my mind, but can't remember if I followed through or not). Have a call in for them to check any of their cameras... haven't heard back yet. Calling again today. I noticed it next AM coming out from basketball, but the original car next to me there was my buddy's Yukon and car after was clean (so was parking lot). Filed police report and had them check cameras (they didn't see anything as I expected they wouldn't, but supervisor is double checking anyway).
20221106_101609.jpg

In grand scheme of things it could have been worse, but they did get 2 panels.

Pretty sure Manayunk. I saw a white mini van parked on an angle next to me... but I looked at my car and theirs and didn't see anything. It was dark though and can't remember if I used my phone flashlight (I remember that the thought crossed my mind, but can't remember if I followed through or not). Have a call in for them to check any of their cameras... haven't heard back yet. Calling again today. I noticed it next AM coming out from basketball, but the original car next to me there was my buddy's Yukon and car after was clean (so was parking lot). Filed police report and had them check cameras (they didn't see anything as I expected they wouldn't, but supervisor is double checking anyway).
View attachment 14401
Oh damn, sorry to see this sir!

View attachment 14401
this is why I told you guys I refused to allow my car back into Philadelphia county. I'm sorry man thats terrible.

I got some new winter rubber on my 4BW. The tire I went with is the Vredestein Wintrac Pro's. I went with 235/40 R18's in the front and 245/40 R18's in the back. I ended up using the stock wheels with my winter tires.

My first impression is that steering got a lot lighter. I drive with the sport steering setting in the my mode options. The steering feels more closer to the lightest option in my mode with the stock tire. I don't know if I'm describing this correctly but the power delivery is a little slower.

I'll be back to post an update when snow hits ground in my area.

Thank you for all the brainstorming you guys been doing for tire and wheel fitment.

Edit: Changed 255 to 245.

PXL_20221119_174000568.jpgPXL_20221119_173956876.jpgPXL_20221119_173940128.jpgPXL_20221119_173923904.jpg

Last edited:
I got some new winter rubber on my 4BW. The tire I went with is the Vredestein Wintrac Pro's. I went with 235/40 R18's in the front and 255/40 R18's in the back. I ended up using the stock wheels with my winter tires.

My first impression is that steering got a lot lighter. I drive with the sport steering setting in the my mode options. The steering feels more closer to the lightest option in my mode with the stock tire. I don't know if I'm describing this correctly but the power delivery is a little slower.

I'll be back to post an update when snow hits ground in my area.

Thank you for all the brainstorming you guys been doing for tire and wheel fitment.

View attachment 14548View attachment 14549View attachment 14550View attachment 14551
Looks great. Diameter on these is slightly taller than stock but I assume the fit is great. Did you get these from Tire Rack? I'm not seeing them anywhere else. I'm looking at these and the Nexen Winguard Sport 2 (255/35/18 square set up) which are cheaper and supposedly good performance winters.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back