Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Small update for CT4B BW owners looking for snow tires on Tire Rack website. I've been in contact with Tire Rack several times over last few weeks. Options for our cars are somewhat limited.

If you "build" a wheel/tire setup they don't show any staggered dedicated snow tires. You'd have to choose all-season tires or build a kit separately. Also regarding 18 inch wheels there are three listed, but two of them are not available. That leaves one 18 inch wheel available. Regarding 19 inch wheels there are many, but personally I didn't want 19 inch wheels for winter, 18 inch summer (would prefer the other way around). Also there aren't any staggered 19 inch snow tires, so again you'd need to buy all season tires.

I've decided to buy Forged One FF05 18 inch wheels (+20 offset front, +33 offset rear) and four (4) Blizzak 255/35/18 snow tires. This was approved by TireRack there should be no rubbing with these offset and tire sizes. Will post more reviews when my kit arrives.

-Christopher

I've decided that I am just going to put the car into hibernation in November and take it back out around April. I have my AWD Telluride and Jeep Grand Cherokee to get me thru the winter. Sold my Chevy Colorado ZR2 to pay for half of the 5BW.

Update: tires mounted and are, well, tires. Quiet, drive well and no complaints with the tires. My complaint would be with the tire shop that is claiming my tpms sensor that is no longer working has nothing to do with the fact that they touched it 🤷. Going to the dealer Monday to get a crazy expensive bill to replace the sensor and sending it right on over to the tire shop to pay. They also dinged a wheel torquing the lugs and got in the white seats without a seat cover and left a beautiful black outline of their dirty pants on it 🙃. 0/10 would not recommend the shop. 10/10 for the tires
JFC!! You cannot catch a break with this car! What shop was this?

I would like to also know if anyone is going with this tire rack setup. I talked with customer service there, and they guarantee it will fit. I’ve run the oz’s on my Bmw, and I like them. They also told me they have enough in stock for a few weeks.

For the ct5V Blackwing what winter setups are you guys going with? I was thinking of the square setup on tire rack which I had posted earlier.
Count me as interested, too.
Temps at night are beginning to creep into the unsafe range up here.
Driving to visit fam in the Eastern Townships of Quebec this weekend and a bit wary of night temps forecast to dip below 7 C.
I’ll be ok this weekend I think but the window is starting to close.
And that’s just based on temp alone, never mind the ice and snow that will soon follow.

Looks like my 5 BW could be delivered within a month so I’m looking for some snow/winter tires. Anyone has had any success? I had blizzaks (square tire set up on factory staggered wheels) on my ats-v and it drove like a 4WD in the snow. I wonder if it’s going to be impossible to find something that fits on the back 305 wheel.

Count me as interested, too.
Temps at night are beginning to creep into the unsafe range up here.
Driving to visit fam in the Eastern Townships of Quebec this weekend and a bit wary of night temps forecast to dip below 7 C.
I’ll be ok this weekend I think but the window is starting to close.
And that’s just based on temp alone, never mind the ice and snow that will soon follow.
Here in the Chicagoland area, I do winter tires on by November 1st, and off after mid May. Haven't had any issues... Knock on wood...
Looks like my 5 BW could be delivered within a month so I’m looking for some snow/winter tires. Anyone has had any success? I had blizzaks (square tire set up on factory staggered wheels) on my ats-v and it drove like a 4WD in the snow. I wonder if it’s going to be impossible to find something that fits on the back 305 wheel.
I got Porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros 295/30 for the rear.

Here in the Chicagoland area, I do winter tires on by November 1st, and off after mid May. Haven't had any issues... Knock on wood...

I got Porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros 295/30 for the rear.
you got a second set of factory wheels? Dealer quoting me more than $4k for oem wheels

Anyone have link to a site with OEM wheels and decent price? I guess with shipping it might come out to be the same

Anyone have link to a site with OEM wheels and decent price? I guess with shipping it might come out to be the same
I use Gmpartsdirect

you got a second set of factory wheels? Dealer quoting me more than $4k for oem wheels
pxl_20221001_213346772-jpg.13076

OEMs are my winters. I got these for the summer rubber.

Looks good! Terrance@Signature wheels? I have the tech bronze wheels with the car...did not want to use those for winter. Can't find factory wheels listed anywhere
Yeah, they're Terrance's. I also have the tech bronze wheels haha.

Screenshot_20221013-194649.png

These are the OEM wheel specs I found...tire rack has 19 x 9 ET 29 for their square winter setup....not sure if right fit

None of the sites show wheels ..and the Cadillac accessories site supposedly has a wheel and tire package sale through the 18th but does not list wheels for the 5V BW
Just use PNs

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners