Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Looks like there is a 20% off MSRP sale coming up for wheels and tires on the Cadillac accessories site..

Screenshot_20221001-142532.png

Last edited:
weather is dropping and had some fun no traction times this week in the summer tires and cold rain. I decided not to get a second set of wheels and just swap A/S for winter. Michelin pilotsport A/S have been on backorder for months but I finally managed to buy 2 front tires through costco... rears are still backordered. anyone have success with finding them? tirerack had an ETA of end of the month but I'd love to have them mounted sooner

weather is dropping and had some fun no traction times this week in the summer tires and cold rain. I decided not to get a second set of wheels and just swap A/S for winter. Michelin pilotsport A/S have been on backorder for months but I finally managed to buy 2 front tires through costco... rears are still backordered. anyone have success with finding them? tirerack had an ETA of end of the month but I'd love to have them mounted sooner
I am in literally the exact same boat, same tires and all. I've had an order in on tirerack since August which was slated for 11/5, but now got pushed back to 11/22. It was already cutting it real close with the increasingly cold weather. Looked all around for Michelin PS/AS4 in the rear size and no one has them. The only ones I can find were the ZP runflat versions of the same tire. Did costco mention anything about availability for the 275's? I meant to call them today but got distracted.

One thought I had which I hadn't fully fleshed out was possibly upsizing the rears slightly to 285/35/18, which seem to be in stock and available in numerous places. Other than that, or just waiting and crossing my fingers that it doesn't snow or get super cold, I have no idea what to do...

I am in literally the exact same boat, same tires and all. I've had an order in on tirerack since August which was slated for 11/5, but now got pushed back to 11/22. It was already cutting it real close with the increasingly cold weather. Looked all around for Michelin PS/AS4 in the rear size and no one has them. The only ones I can find were the ZP runflat versions of the same tire. Did costco mention anything about availability for the 275's? I meant to call them today but got distracted.

One thought I had which I hadn't fully fleshed out was possibly upsizing the rears slightly to 285/35/18, which seem to be in stock and available in numerous places. Other than that, or just waiting and crossing my fingers that it doesn't snow or get super cold, I have no idea what to do...
Costco gave no info on availability. They said the website is just as accurate as their system and to just keep checking. I had my order in with tire rack but cancelled once I secured the fronts from Costco. I'm hesitant to go up a size with them in case of rubbing, we're 265s available?

Getting into the game late, I am also in exactly the same boat...looking for all season tires. The 255/35 and 275/35 Michelin AS4 now don't even appear as a produced size on Tire Rack's website. 🤬

Getting into the game late, I am also in exactly the same boat...looking for all season tires. The 255/35 and 275/35 Michelin AS4 now don't even appear as a produced size on Tire Rack's website. 🤬
I had an order of 255 AS4s and had no ETA. I panicked and switched to Blizzak WS90s which literally arrived the next day.

Why are you guys stuck on AS4? Grab DSW06+, they're a better cold weather performance AS tire than the AS4 and they're in stock. I used AS4 on my last vehicle and I was not impressed with them nor will I ever buy them again.

Does Continental make the DWS 06 Plus all seasons in the right size? I think they are outstanding.

If I could get my beloved dws06s I would but I didn't see them as an option for this size. Someone got it close enough but they weren't xl load rated and I didn't want to chance it.. @Throat Yogurt can use the good ol search function for that thread 😉

If I could get my beloved dws06s I would but I didn't see them as an option for this size. Someone got it close enough but they weren't xl load rated and I didn't want to chance it.. @Throat Yogurt can use the good ol search function for that thread 😉

If you're worried then just run 255 square or a 255/265 combo. Both of those are XL rated in the DWS06+ and they are in stock right now.

Shit.... Ok I'm likely doing this then. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-07-09-26-28-18_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-07-09-26-28-18_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 85
I found Nokian R3s winters available a few places in 255 and ordered 265s for the rears on eBay. Haven't installed yet but obviously they should be fine. Just another option if anybody wants/needs a true winter like I did.

I assume the Finns know how to make a good winter tire.

Why are you guys stuck on AS4? Grab DSW06+, they're a better cold weather performance AS tire than the AS4 and they're in stock. I used AS4 on my last vehicle and I was not impressed with them nor will I ever buy them again.
I had DWS06's (this was before the plus came out) on another car in the past and was not impressed with the performance. My understanding was that the new AS4's handled better and were better in snow. You've driven both?

Are you going to run these Conti's all year? If not are you just swapping rubber onto the stock wheels twice annually? I've always had a dedicated winter wheel/tire set up so am just curious.

It looks like Conti makes the DWS06+ in the proper rear size, they just don't seem to have them on tirerack.

Correction: It looks like they do - https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....R8DWS06P&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Edit Again: More Useful Link - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=18&performance=ALL

Is the reason these don't come up on the search because of the load rating? I don't really know what that signifies or if its actually important...

Last edited:
I had DWS06's (this was before the plus came out) on another car in the past and was not impressed with the performance. My understanding was that the new AS4's handled better and were better in snow. You've driven both?

Correct, on the same vehicle. The AS4 does handle better when it's warmer out but that's all it does. The DSW06+ is quieter, wears better and handles snow/cold better. The AS4 is tire that I would describe as the candidate for someone who wants a UHP AS tire but they don't want to swap tires. So there's priority on warm weather handling but it can still be used in winter. Since this is a swapping tires thread then you may as well use the tire that works better when it's colder out with better tread life and noise. I will say that neither of them are particularly good in snow especially for a RWD vehicle but I feel the DSW is better.

Last edited:
Will it be okay to put DWS 06 PLUS 255/35/18 in the front and 285/35/18 on stock wheels? I’m thinking of ordering them today .

Correct, on the same vehicle. The AS4 does handle better when it's warmer out but that's all it does. The DSW06+ is quieter, wears better and handles snow/cold better. The AS4 is tire that I would describe as the candidate for someone who wants a UHP AS tire but they don't want to swap tires. So there's priority on warm weather handling but it can still be used in winter. Since this is a swapping tires thread then you may as well use the tire that works better when it's colder out with better tread life and noise.
Thanks! Tbh once I install the AS tires I'm probably not going to swap them unless I end up tracking the car. Do you think the sacrifice in warm weather performance is going to be overly annoying on a street driven car?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back