Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

When is the next aftermarket exhaust coming out?

theprototype

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
Been a few months since we heard anything from kooks. Someone needs to petition magnaflow, corsa, borla etc

We met with all the key players at Kooks during the PRI Show last month and put together a deal to receive the very first shipment of CT5-V Blackwing headers. We gave them a very large initial stocking order, and will be able to offer these headers for 10% less than they'll have them listed on their website. There are two part numbers and they are slated for production the last week of this month.

We met with all the key players at Kooks during the PRI Show last month and put together a deal to receive the very first shipment of CT5-V Blackwing headers. We gave them a very large initial stocking order, and will be able to offer these headers for 10% less than they'll have them listed on their website. There are two part numbers and they are slated for production the last week of this month.

You guys are on top of everything! I need you to stop this madness before I ship my car to you!

Will these headers require a tune or any engine modifications to perform?

Will these headers require a tune or any engine modifications to perform?
They mentioned it in the other BW5 performance thread…

2 versions: one cat less and one with green cats. The cat less ones will set a light/code. Remains to be seen if green cats will, but probably not.

They mentioned it in the other BW5 performance thread…

2 versions: one cat less and one with green cats. The cat less ones will set a light/code. Remains to be seen if green cats will, but probably not.
Thank you, I HATE CEL and I'd like a permanent solution before getting headers. I don't want to tune to preserve the factory warranty.

I guess I wait to see if green cats will keep CEL at bay. If no CEL after testing, I'm on board. I have Kooks long tubes on my C6 ZR1 (no warranty, so I modded it) and love the headers.

Any word on a cat back? I’ve never done headers before. I’m not against them, just need the catback first (or at least together 😈)

Any word on a cat back? I’ve never done headers before. I’m not against them, just need the catback first (or at least together 😈)
They're telling us they'll start on the cat-back exhaust systems after the headers are released. So I'd guess February would be optimistic and March would be more likely.

I did Kooks headers with stock catback on my ZR1 and it dramatically changed the overall tone, volume, and sound. In short, don't be afraid to do headers with stock exhaust especially with multi-mode exhaust systems as you can dial it back when needed.

In light of the above, I will probably do headers and leave the cat-back exhaust stock on my 5BW as I do like the ability to tone down the volume and sound on long cruises or backing out of driveway after a cold start, etc. I'm optimistic headers will increase volume, sound quality, and tone especially under throttle along with a decent bump in power while retaining a lot of the refinement available with the stock adjustable exhaust.

But, those of you that do end up doing full exhaust with an aggressive cat-back, I will be a little jealous when y'all are flooring it! :D

I did Kooks headers with stock catback on my ZR1 and it dramatically changed the overall tone, volume, and sound. In short, don't be afraid to do headers with stock exhaust especially with multi-mode exhaust systems as you can dial it back when needed.

In light of the above, I will probably do headers and leave the cat-back exhaust stock on my 5BW as I do like the ability to tone down the volume and sound on long cruises or backing out of driveway after a cold start, etc. I'm optimistic headers will increase volume, sound quality, and tone especially under throttle along with a decent bump in power while retaining a lot of the refinement available with the stock adjustable exhaust.
We agree with this completely.

I am excited for a louder, more powerful, exhaust but don't want to lose the factory look out back.

I think I'll just do downpipes when the time comes. Knowing that even the muffler was designed for airflow under the car makes me not want to mess with all the engineering. Do we have resonators? If so, a res delete would be another thing on my list or an aftermarket midpipe.

I made a promise to myself that I WOULD NOT do any performance mods to this car. Hmmm...

My last GT500 was cammed, long tubes, tune, Kenney Bell blower, fuel upgrades etc, etc, etc., and putting down 845 to the wheels on the race tune. Turns out I did too many mods and had to leave my whip with my race shop for 3-4 days for them to trick the computer/clear codes so I could pass my inspection, real PITA. Granted, she was a real pleasure to drive and wicked fast, aka, light up my 315's/ R888's in 3rd and 4th gear, 100+ mph like I was on ice if I had the nanny's turned off. 770 ft lbs tq was nuts!

Headers have always been on my toys and some had to be custom made for me. Thanks for fucking stimulating me now....LMAO !!!!!! OMG

Been creeping for a bit since I got my ct4 bw and am curious why there is no one throwing there hat in the ring on aftermarket exhausts for both ct5 and ct4. Coming from honda and bmw world where there is an abundance of options to now literally nothing is wild to me. @WONT TAP any guys you have talked to about one for the ct4? I would do the downpipes but seeing as I am in cali and got reffed on my CTR would rather just a full catback system. Also cutting up stock system like some others is not the most ideal.

Theres few options because of volume. BMW and Honda have a lot of products. Lots of M cars and lots of Si's, Type Rs and boys with dreams in a base Civic.

V products were always around 1500 a year for volume, which is next to nothing.

Developing aftermarket parts is costly and vendors need to know there is a market for return on investment. When there is little production volume its obvious why some vendors won't put money into expensive aftermarket parts.

Custom work for just mufflers is the way to go. Sound is good, looks totally stock, and sound is still variable with stock tips. Even loudest is quiet enough there is no intrusion on conversation with passengers.

My CEL is on though, for unknown reasons. I think its because the shop admitted to cutting a tiny bit of the blades when removing the tips, but who knows. When inspection is up in another 18 months, I'll be tempted to go with the headers and tune. Now that I know the valves are still effective, louder would be better. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back