Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Speed Sign reading

CT5-V Model

dizz81

Seasoned Member
I stopped by the dealership because I noticed that my speed sign readout hasn't been showing anything at all since I bought it. I asked the service guy if it was an active reading of the signs or if it pulled the data from the navigation. He said "I think it's a service you get with your onstar subscription"

Please tell me he's confused!?

Right now my Nav SD card is failed out and they have me coming in to have it replaced and further software updates applied while the car is in the shop.

Does anyone know if the speed sign reading happens using the cameras in the car or does it pull it from the navigation system?

OR does it really utilize the onstar subscription? :unsure:

So Ive never made an onstar subscription or pushed the button or anything. I've noticed mine works when my android auto is running with the location goin. Or it'll have - - if that's not on

Interesting because I'm always running andriod and always run waze or Google maps and nothing shows. Just the - - all the time.

Nav works as a map. I haven't plotted in a destination or a POI

Does your navigation work?

Mine doesn't as my SD card is somehow broken. I wonder if that's one of the factors as to why mine doesn't show up.
Honestly don’t know if I’ve ever tried to use the nav, I have Waze going 24/7 for speed traps. I’ll try the nav tomorrow when I leave the house and report back - guessing that’s it

Does your navigation work?

Mine doesn't as my SD card is somehow broken. I wonder if that's one of the factors as to why mine doesn't show up.
I'm pretty sure the speed posting data is built in to the nav database card.

Mine works on nearly al roads (good feature)...but sometimes is not current - where VA or localities are lowering the speed limit in near real time...

I'm pretty sure the speed posting data is built in to the nav database card.

This is exactly the case. On newer GM cars with the Google crap integrated, it's all handled via OnStar. But on the cars with an OEM nav and SD card for the maps, it's on the card.

Mine works on nearly al roads (good feature)...but sometimes is not current - where VA or localities are lowering the speed limit in near real time...
Same. I find the feature completely useless and wish I could remove it from my screen. Wait, can I?

Same. I find the feature completely useless and wish I could remove it from my screen. Wait, can I?
I feel the opposite. There are times I have no idea what the limit is on the road and its nice to know....regardless...

I feel the opposite. There are times I have no idea what the limit is on the road and its nice to know....regardless...
If it were 100% accurate.

Yeah in one of the quick guides it talked about how to mess with I believe it's the hud. Now I might be using the wrong name but it seems like there's a lot of customizing of the settings and what not.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back