Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Soul Performance Sport Exhaust Package

Texman500

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but have been collecting cars for a few years now.

Just got my Blackwing 2 weeks ago and the car is amazing but I find it a bit quiet - Can't tell if its because the car is really well insulated or if its just me...

Anyways, I have worked with Soul over the past few months on a new product for my 718 GT4 (testing out new cats on the sport headers system for the car). I have had several cars with their products and have always been a fan of the quality and customer service.

I have gotten to know them pretty well over the years as all of my installs have actually been in person at their shop.

I was floating the idea of a sport exhaust system with them and they are interested - They said they would wanna at least gauge the interest and see if it's a market worth exploring. They have worked on the C8 and C8 Z06 products - from what I was told the system is not much different in terms cats, restrictions, etc.

They would be using my car as the development car to test the kit before selling it.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in something like this.

Thanks,

Austin

I think the one thing holding back interest on any aftermarket catback/axleback exhaust for the Blackwings is the lack of integration of the exhaust flaps.

Did they say if they would have flaps on their exhaust or not?

Check recent posts - I am obsessed with making this thing crazy loud. I want straight pipes on the loud side, but want to retain the ability to quieten things down with the valves. I'm in if its loud..............

I think the one thing holding back interest on any aftermarket catback/axleback exhaust for the Blackwings is the lack of integration of the exhaust flaps.

Did they say if they would have flaps on their exhaust or not?
I was told that they would do the same for the C8, a valved and non-valved version.

Check recent posts - I am obsessed with making this thing crazy loud. I want straight pipes on the loud side, but want to retain the ability to quieten things down with the valves. I'm in if its loud..............
Then just have exhaust cutouts installed. Fairly simple, cheap, & easy for a local exhaust shop to do.

I agree. Unfortunately, I have been turned down by every shop on the north side of Austin. I was totally shocked - never occurred to me anybody would bat an eye at something that seems so simple.

There's one guy I'm still kinda in touch with. I'll post updates when (if !?!?!?) I get it done.

Obviously its not that simple or cheap, did you give them a budget?

I guarantee you if you said I can spend 3-5K for a custom stainless exhaust theyd have it done in 3 days.

I agree. Unfortunately, I have been turned down by every shop on the north side of Austin. I was totally shocked - never occurred to me anybody would bat an eye at something that seems so simple.
It is simple, but not many independent mechanics will touch these cars. One very reputable shop in town won't touch my car until it is out of warranty. Good luck to you.

I went with Kook catless headers on my 5BW, mated to the factory exhaust. Basically a 3 inch straight pipe with the valves open, and about as loud as factory "sport" setting with the exhaust closed.

These cars are way too insulated for them to ever truly sound loud on the inside. Here is a clip of mine.

Nice video. You're braver than me - I'd want quite a bit more distance between my car and that building. :)

Nice video. You're braver than me - I'd want quite a bit more distance between my car and that building. :)
There was plenty of room inside this former wheel factory.

Attachments

• 8FDBEACE-F4CE-495A-BB1F-CC0859B19569.jpeg
    8FDBEACE-F4CE-495A-BB1F-CC0859B19569.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 70
  • 405D174D-C230-4024-890A-AA0280AD5A08.png
    405D174D-C230-4024-890A-AA0280AD5A08.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 70
  • E142B808-FD66-47C1-8C4A-7A15F8AA4C3B.jpeg
    E142B808-FD66-47C1-8C4A-7A15F8AA4C3B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • A1804A7D-C6FA-4089-8687-97D4115D58DE.jpeg
    A1804A7D-C6FA-4089-8687-97D4115D58DE.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • E0C8E32B-35F5-4965-AE9A-CC1925AD9F04.jpeg
    E0C8E32B-35F5-4965-AE9A-CC1925AD9F04.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
I’d be interested, I really like the factory exhaust tips. If this can be done I’m in as well.

Im interested, I’m not even stuck on having valves. I’d much rather retain factory tips (or factory style) than keep the valves personally.

I went with Kook catless headers on my 5BW, mated to the factory exhaust. Basically a 3 inch straight pipe with the valves open, and about as loud as factory "sport" setting with the exhaust closed.

These cars are way too insulated for them to ever truly sound loud on the inside. Here is a clip of mine.
View attachment 17661
How is it inside the cabin while in track mode? I’ve got two concerns regarding going the headers route and one is that I’ll install the system and be unimpressed with interior volume levels. I’d purely be doing them for sound.

Im interested, I’m not even stuck on having valves. I’d much rather retain factory tips (or factory style) than keep the valves personally.

How is it inside the cabin while in track mode? I’ve got two concerns regarding going the headers route and one is that I’ll install the system and be unimpressed with interior volume levels. I’d purely be doing them for sound.
It is purely a sound mod. They don’t add any power. Outside of removing some stress off the supercharger the only benefit is the increase in volumne, and it is night and day inside the cabin, much louder then stock but still live able as a daily.

And they are crazy loud from the outside.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back