Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
Anyone else have to really push hard to close the trunk? If I just close it with normal force, it doesn’t latch. Have to use both hands and swing it down pretty darn hard.
That does not seem normal. I would get it checked.

Anyone else have to really push hard to close the trunk? If I just close it with normal force, it doesn’t latch. Have to use both hands and swing it down pretty darn hard.
Mine requires a fair bit of force. Also, one time I came back to the car and the trunk was up. So now I double check every time.

Mine requires a fair bit of force. Also, one time I came back to the car and the trunk was up. So now I double check every time.
That one time was probably because you set the fob off in your pocket. I've done that a couple of times.... sat down at work and pants bunched up

That one time was probably because you set the fob off in your pocket. I've done that a couple of times.... sat down at work and pants bunched up
More likely your pants were bunched up and a co-worker said "uhh, it looks like you popped your trunk" and you thought they meant that literally.

While the clarity and volume of the stereo is good, it's way too 'front biased'. I had to shift the fade way to the rear to get a balanced sound. Honestly, the stereo in my wife's Wrangler is better.

Have you messed with the Surround setting?

On my 4BW it sounded like most of the sound was coming out of the front center of the dash. As I cranked the Surround setting up, the sound seemed be more distributed around the cabin - and just sounded generally better.

But it still does not sound as good as the stereo in my $29,000 Nissan Frontier, especially at lower volume levels.

Have you messed with the Surround setting?

On my 4BW it sounded like most of the sound was coming out of the front center of the dash. As I cranked the Surround setting up, the sound seemed be more distributed around the cabin - and just sounded generally better.

But it still does not sound as good as the stereo in my $29,000 Nissan Frontier, especially at lower volume levels.
I messed with the Fader/Balance. I didn't try the surround settings. I will tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

I messed with the Fader/Balance. I didn't try the surround settings. I will tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
There's also the "normal" and "rear" setting. The latter just pushes most of the audio through the back speakers... Honestly, vocals/mid range sounds better in that setting but treble and bass are lacking.

If anyone here is an audiophile and figures out how to set these up to sound decent, please share. I can't find a sweet spot no matter the settings. Probably because music is too varied. Sinatra to Pac to Shakey Graves. Very different audio profiles.

I'm an audiophile. I used to add ridiculous systems to my cars when I was younger. Now all my critical listening happens in a dedicated man room through a set of Magico A5s. I have had them almost a year and they are as rewarding as my Blackwing.

But when in the car, I mostly marvel at the sounds of the LT4 and keep music low.

My 2009 Malibu has a standard Bose system and for as basic as it is, the stock head unit has an EQ button which comes up with pre-set equalizer settings of Rock, Jazz, Pop, News, and a few others. Just a couple of presses to select EQ setting for the type of music I am listening. Hard to believe a 14 year old basic Chevy has this but it's totally missing on a "Premium" AKG system with a completely programmable touch screen unit. ;shrug

It's a solid theory, but probably unlikely. It happened at home and I change into house clothes as soon as I get through the door.

Also, there was another time when I started pulling away and then the car notified me that the trunk was still open... It looked closed.

The fact that there is not more blower whine. I recently removed the sound deadening plates (there are 3 on the BW) in the lid and I still want more whine. I want somewhere between what it is now and hellcat.
The blower whine was one of my fav things on my 2020 WB Hellcat. Every once in awhile I regret trading it in for my C8 Stingray HTC. If someone can figure out how to make our 5BW sound like the HC's SC whine, please, please post a tutorial!

My CTS-V1 had a feature that if you left the turn signal on too long, an alert would come up on the radio screen/driver info center. The first time it happened to me, I thought it was hilarious. The second time I thought "oh god, I'm one of them now..."
Our BW's also have this feature. Some old guy found out about it just this morning...

I found the lack of a sunglasses holder annoying. But then I figured out a way to use the sun visor & all is good now!
20230212_154445.jpg

Last edited:
I will end up buying one of those small sunglass holders that uses a tension spring on the sunvisor. I put my PBA Card under the spring so it doesn't leave an impression in the sunvisor material. I was also annoyed that there was no fold down holder.

I don't like that my car is still in the goat pen.

Does that count?

While driving down I-5 yesterday afternoon I found out my 5BW has a fatal flaw.

My wife was in the passenger seat, music playing softly, and a car pulls up next to me. I could tell he wanted to play. I looked over to my wife for her approval and…. She’s asleep. I hung my head in sadness as I wasn’t able to show him what the car was capable of. This happens two more times over the course of 15 miles or so before exiting and the wife waking up.

This car is too damn quiet and comfortable on the highway. I didn’t realize that this is what they meant by a “sleeper”. My wife literally falls asleep in it, and I can’t be a spirited driver.

I had assumed that like my Mercedes if the mirror blind spot light was activated (car next to me) and I used the turn signal before switching lanes that there would be beeps or seat would vibrate. It doesn’t. Bummer.

You need to leave the wife home more often. Tell her that you are going to Lowes for a minute and then return a few hours later.
That's an idea. ^^^^I'm at Lowes frequently for something or another...So that thought flies!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back