Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
So I have a 2016 CT6 (Now discontinued) and love that car. Ordered a CT5-BW Aug '21 and still waiting. Carbon fiber is the hold up. My CF 1 and 2 are the issue. I could strip it down and get it now if I wanted, says dealer, but I'm holding out.

ANYWAY....... comparing the level of luxury to my ct6 to the videos I've seen of ct5bw I think they failed on the back seat area. Fold down center consol looks very cheep. Ait vent look like the 90s style GM plastic to cut corners and cost. The back has a 12v circular car plug which is laughable with today's technology (am I plugging in a blender?). Parking button is the same at ct6 on left dash BTW. Just a button, no big deal. Other than that I'm excited to take delivery with no other observable complaints. To be fair the luBoosh. Ct5 not at high as my ct6 so I'm being picky and booshy.

So I have a 2016 CT6 (Now discontinued) and love that car. Ordered a CT5-BW Aug '21 and still waiting. Carbon fiber is the hold up. My CF 1 and 2 are the issue. I could strip it down and get it now if I wanted, says dealer, but I'm holding out.

ANYWAY....... comparing the level of luxury to my ct6 to the videos I've seen of ct5bw I think they failed on the back seat area. Fold down center consol looks very cheep. Ait vent look like the 90s style GM plastic to cut corners and cost. The back has a 12v circular car plug which is laughable with today's technology (am I plugging in a blender?). Parking button is the same at ct6 on left dash BTW. Just a button, no big deal. Other than that I'm excited to take delivery with no other observable complaints. To be fair the luBoosh. Ct5 not at high as my ct6 so I'm being picky and booshy.
If you have been reading any of this forum, you know that if your order for a 22 is still at 1100 status it's not going to get picked up, right? 2022 ordering is done. It will have to be resubmitted by your dealer as a 2023 and everything starts over.

So here’s a thing I don’t like about the 5BW. The touch screen doesn’t work with driving gloves. So you have to start the PDR before you put your gloves on to go out on track.

So here’s a thing I don’t like about the 5BW. The touch screen doesn’t work with driving gloves. So you have to start the PDR before you put your gloves on to go out on track.
likely it is capacitive, like most phones. they make special gloves for this application for winter. not sure if they do for driving.

I purchased this "stuff" that applies to the glove that will let it work... I used it when I was riding my motorcycle everyday and it worked with my gloves.....

I found this on the product...

There are touch screen compatible gloves out there. I run a set of sparcos and they work great

What's up with the dip in the footwell? I've never had a vehicle with anything but a flat footwell. It's bordering on uncomfortable, and my heel will sometimes slip. Maybe I'm driving it wrong 🤔

What's up with the dip in the footwell? I've never had a vehicle with anything but a flat footwell. It's bordering on uncomfortable, and my heel will sometimes slip. Maybe I'm driving it wrong 🤔
The problem *could* be the dip in the driver's seat? 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

I have no issues reaching the stalk from the wheel but I'm also built silly with big hands.
Update now that I have the car. Even with my soft, Lilliputian lawyer's hands, I'm not finding the distance to the stalk to be that big of a deal.

I'm still getting used to some of the ergonomics, and it doesn't help that I'm coming from a Genesis. IMHO, Hyundai really has some of the best ergonomics in the car industry. Shame that they've started using gloss black touch panels on some of the newer cars for things like climate control.

The fact that there is not more blower whine. I recently removed the sound deadening plates (there are 3 on the BW) in the lid and I still want more whine. I want somewhere between what it is now and hellcat.

The fact that there is not more blower whine. I recently removed the sound deadening plates (there are 3 on the BW) in the lid and I still want more whine. I want somewhere between what it is now and hellcat.

Remove the sound deadening pad from the hood?

Remove the sound deadening pad from the hood?
I am not going to remove the padding from the hood, it also provides some heat dissipation and I do not want to potentially cause paint issues for more sound. I have removed the foam on the backside of the motor as well. But the blower is just a little too quiet.

More whine, I can certainly whine more if that's what you want! Oh wait, you are talking about the car, my bad... Have you tried full stab with the windows down for your fix?

Was it a noticeable difference? Worth the effort?

Was it a noticeable difference? Worth the effort?
there was a little difference in the upper RPMs. It is a free mod and as long as you retorq everything properly, I would say sure...
89 inch pounds and follow the proper order
1657208646763.png

there was a little difference in the upper RPMs. It is a free mod and as long as you retorq everything properly, I would say sure...
89 inch pounds and follow the proper order
Where did you get the service manual? Or is that from a different LT4 vehicle?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back