Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
My Telluride has all the nice safety features. I will have to check the BW next time I go visit it in storage. I know my seat vibrates when I back up.

It does in the A10 as part of the safety features. I assume its the same in the 6M? Alos, when pedestrians are in "line of sight of the car" when backing up the seat will shake.

How can you handle a visit in storage and not grab a FOB and go! @FLYARMY

Restraint Sir! I can't drive the car enough to be honest.

While driving down I-5 yesterday afternoon I found out my 5BW has a fatal flaw.

My wife was in the passenger seat, music playing softly, and a car pulls up next to me. I could tell he wanted to play. I looked over to my wife for her approval and…. She’s asleep. I hung my head in sadness as I wasn’t able to show him what the car was capable of. This happens two more times over the course of 15 miles or so before exiting and the wife waking up.

This car is too damn quiet and comfortable on the highway. I didn’t realize that this is what they meant by a “sleeper”. My wife literally falls asleep in it, and I can’t be a spirited driver.

Uhh when the wife is asleep that's the perfect time to play. By the time she wakes up and realizes what's going on you'd have won the race already.

I cancel my "collision" part of my insurance whenever I put my cars in storage. Saves me a nice chunk of money until I take the cars out in the spring. With my luck, I'd get hit going for a mid winter joy ride. I won't take the chance. Alot of people don't know that you can suspend that part of your coverage. Same thing if your ride will be in an auto body repair shop for an extended period of time.

I cancel my "collision" part of my insurance whenever I put my cars in storage. Saves me a nice chunk of money until I take the cars out in the spring. With my luck, I'd get hit going for a mid winter joy ride. I won't take the chance. Alot of people don't know that you can suspend that part of your coverage. Same thing if your ride will be in an auto body repair shop for an extended period of time.
I actually found a policy called long term storage. Costs like $200 for 6 months. Covers if the car is stolen or if the house burned down. Just can’t drive it on a sunny winter day. But in MN, those are usually -20 days.

I'll go with 2 things I don't like about my 5-BW after about 800 miles:

1) The interior is definately subpar. My last car was a jaguar f pace svr(it's a powerful SUV). That interior was *much* nicer. No comparison really. In fact the car is getting ppf now so I have a rental for several days, and honestly the Kia Forte rental they gave me(a car that I'm guessing cost 20 percent of the blackwing) isn't that much worse than the BW. It's definately not the interior of a 100k car. The seats are pretty good if you sprung for even the 2750 extra option(and obviously if you could get the carbon fiber seats, I couldn't), but the rest of the interior just isn't there. It just doesn't feel special in any way. The area where all that hard plastic is where they do the AC and controls in that area(below the screen by a good bit) is most pronounced as bad. And I thought the ceiling was alcantara or suede or something....but it's not(if it is it's a really low quality version that doesn't feel plush at all. The only high quality feeling alcantara type material on the inside is that top part of the inside of the doors).

2) I have a manual(so I don't know if the auto is different), but if you really want to hit it quickly, the car
just doesn't feel safe/stable in starting out. So on a trip I had gotten on the on ramp on interstate and thought ok this is a perfect time to accelerate from 10/15 mph to like 60 or 70 very very quickly. So I florred
it quickly in 2nd gear and once I did for a brief second the steering wheel felt very unstable(it twisted/contorted in a different direction) and the car itself swerved violently as it was trying to gain traction I guess. I anticipated this when stopped because of the AWD, but I didn't know if I was already going like 15 mph that wouldnt be enough traction to grip the road and accelerate quickly. In the F pace svr this was never an issue- I could floor it from 15 to 60 in such a situation and feel that rush with total stability. This car's specs say it should be a lot more powerful and have more torque than that f pace svr, but if I don't feel safe flooring it then what's the point? I'm afraid if I try that again I will lose control.....so in the end I end up going much slower and it ends up feeling much less powerful than the svr.

It has a number of good points, but those two are big. because honestly if you are paying 100k for a cadillac you want it to at least have a cool party trick(in this case that rushing feeling in your stomach when trying to accelerate hard), but if it's not stable enough to do that I'll end up taking it easier and the car thus isn't as meaningfully powerful as the 686.....

1) The interior is definately subpar. My last car was a jaguar f pace svr(it's a powerful SUV). That interior was *much* nicer. No comparison really. In fact the car is getting ppf now so I have a rental for several days, and honestly the Kia Forte rental they gave me(a car that I'm guessing cost 20 percent of the blackwing) isn't that much worse than the BW. It's definately not the interior of a 100k car. The seats are pretty good if you sprung for even the 2750 extra option(and obviously if you could get the carbon fiber seats, I couldn't), but the rest of the interior just isn't there. It just doesn't feel special in any way. The area where all that hard plastic is where they do the AC and controls in that area(below the screen by a good bit) is most pronounced as bad. And I thought the ceiling was alcantara or suede or something....but it's not(if it is it's a really low quality version that doesn't feel plush at all. The only high quality feeling alcantara type material on the inside is that top part of the inside of the doors).

2) I have a manual(so I don't know if the auto is different), but if you really want to hit it quickly, the car
just doesn't feel safe/stable in starting out. So on a trip I had gotten on the on ramp on interstate and thought ok this is a perfect time to accelerate from 10/15 mph to like 60 or 70 very very quickly. So I florred
it quickly in 2nd gear and once I did for a brief second the steering wheel felt very unstable(it twisted/contorted in a different direction) and the car itself swerved violently as it was trying to gain traction I guess. I anticipated this when stopped because of the AWD, but I didn't know if I was already going like 15 mph that wouldnt be enough traction to grip the road and accelerate quickly. In the F pace svr this was never an issue- I could floor it from 15 to 60 in such a situation and feel that rush with total stability. This car's specs say it should be a lot more powerful and have more torque than that f pace svr, but if I don't feel safe flooring it then what's the point? I'm afraid if I try that again I will lose control.....so in the end I end up going much slower and it ends up feeling much less powerful than the svr.

It has a number of good points, but those two are big. because honestly if you are paying 100k for a cadillac you want it to at least have a cool party trick(in this case that rushing feeling in your stomach when trying to accelerate hard), but if it's not stable enough to do that I'll end up taking it easier and the car thus isn't as meaningfully powerful as the 686.....
Go the Spring Mountain and then come back and tells us what you think... I think you will learn a lot about the car and how to drive it...... You are right about one thing, it's freaking scary when you stab it...

You're describing one of two things.

1) 668 hp with RWD, of course traction is going to be an issue at lower speeds. If it's warmer out and the tires are warm, this will be better. Colder and cold tires, and it's going to be worse. With my winter tires, I've spun them at 70mph...

2) Your lane keep assist is trying to keep you in a lane. I've had to fight the car a bit when merging as it's trying to keep me in the on-ramp and I'm trying to "merge" into traffic. You could try turning the lane keep assist off and try again, but if #1 is a problem, it's not going to make much difference.

Go the Spring Mountain and then come back and tells us what you think... I think you will learn a lot about the car and how to drive it...... You are right about one thing, it's freaking scary when you stab it...
A diplomatic answer. :thumb

it quickly in 2nd gear and once I did for a brief second the steering wheel felt very unstable(it twisted/contorted in a different direction) and the car itself swerved violently as it was trying to gain traction I guess.
Don't floor it like that unless you know what you're doing. The backend usually will break loose shifting from 1st to 2nd even at moderate throttle. Take some time learning where the boundary is and how the car responds before going WOT on shifts.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to go to Spring Mountain. Sacrilege to most people here, but I bought the car for nights and weekends. Basically a touring car. It won't be put through its paces very often, and not on a track at any rate. Steve's suggestion about going to Spring Mountain to learn about it and how to drive it makes a lot of sense. I was still learning how to release the clutch when I put it away for the winter. I can get it out of the garage on limited throttle and all, but when on the streets I haven't been able to figure out when to give it gas and let out the clutch. I was basically using no gas going into second gear and letting the clutch all the way out before starting to nudge the gas pedal. Every car has its learning curve. This one will be steeper than anything since I learned stick shift at 19. Its a very different animal from my 535i and the Acura TL.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to go to Spring Mountain. Sacrilege to most people here, but I bought the car for nights and weekends. Basically a touring car. It won't be put through its paces very often, and not on a track at any rate. Steve's suggestion about going to Spring Mountain to learn about it and how to drive it makes a lot of sense. I was still learning how to release the clutch when I put it away for the winter. I can get it out of the garage on limited throttle and all, but when on the streets I haven't been able to figure out when to give it gas and let out the clutch. I was basically using no gas going into second gear and letting the clutch all the way out before starting to nudge the gas pedal. Every car has its learning curve. This one will be steeper than anything since I learned stick shift at 19. Its a very different animal from my 535i and the Acura TL.
To me SM isn't about going fast on the track it's about learning everything about the car. What it can and can't do, how it handles on wet roads, how to steer under hard braking, etc...

After you feel better about driving the car being on the track can be a lot of fun... You can go at your pace and just have fun.... The BW on track at SM is the perfect place to go fast and learn, or go slow and learn.... You should go!

To me SM isn't about going fast on the track it's about learning everything about the car. What it can and can't do, how it handles on wet roads, how to steer under hard braking, etc...

After you feel better about driving the car being on the track can be a lot of fun... You can go at your pace and just have fun.... The BW on track at SM is the perfect place to go fast and learn, or go slow and learn.... You should go!
Why not go? It’s free!

I know. Lots of reasons. Most of them lame. I have plenty of vacation time at work and I haven't been to vegas in 25 years. There are definitely a lot of reasons to go....
I'm telling ya, it's super fun and you will learn a lot. You will come home feeling better about driving your BW...... The instructors will put you in the right group to learn, and remember its not a contest... Even tho I won the autocross, 😄

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back