Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
No resolution...I put some isolation rubber bumpers in the joint within the pull handle above the door and that reduced the buzzing. I had pulled the handle down and held it to see if it reduced it and it did...will see if this works
Thanks. I’ll look into that.

Probably sound related. Let's just be happy we don't have CAGS skip shift. Fun fact, the fast Teslas had to have Continental* make a bespoke tire that reduced tire noise since it was failing noise requirements on the full power acceleration tests.

What Tesla did this happen with? My 18 Model 3 Performance had Michelin and my 22 has Pirellis. I've only seen continentals on 19" rim vehicles (non-peformance model 3s with the 19" "stilleto" wheels option).

Any noise "requirements" would have come from the emperor of Mars, not the feds.

Ah CAGS! You bring back good memories. I had an F-body with CAGS back in the day.

What Tesla did this happen with? My 18 Model 3 Performance had Michelin and my 22 has Pirellis. I've only seen continentals on 19" rim vehicles (non-peformance model 3s with the 19" "stilleto" wheels option).

Any noise "requirements" would have come from the emperor of Mars, not the feds.

Ah CAGS! You bring back good memories. I had an F-body with CAGS back in the day.
I remember hearing about the dreaded skip shift in GM cars. When thinking about the BW, I was worried it might still have that, but was so thankful it doesn't.

I remember hearing about the dreaded skip shift in GM cars. When thinking about the BW, I was worried it might still have that, but was so thankful it doesn't.
Essentially it is paid for with the gas guzzler tax. Also, much taller gearing in the M6 for the LT4.

My only gripe about my new CT5vBW is that rev match doesn't stay activated for each ignition cycle. Heel toe is pretty hard with the pedal placement so i'd like to keep that on at all times.

My only gripe about my new CT5vBW is that rev match doesn't stay activated for each ignition cycle. Heel toe is pretty hard with the pedal placement so i'd like to keep that on at all times.
That is pretty annoying. Hopefully my muscle memory will kick in eventually. I’m not sure why they don’t have that as a option checkbox in the infotainment screen. Maybe there will be a future flash that includes that.

Completely agree. My 21' Mach-1 has it on all the time and you can shut if off by pushing a button....Not sure who would want it off. But in this type of car it should not require a push of a button each time we start our cars.

Not that anybody sits there but just knowing the backseat is a downgrade from the V3 (no b-pillar vent, no third zone for HVAC, no power rear or manual side shades)
I do have people sit there and the lack of vents and controls is a BIG issue. No excuse for even the base CT5 not to have b-pillow vents and rear control.

Window buzzing still not resolved unfortunately....dealer played dumb claiming they could not hear it. I will take it to another dealer. I was going to try and tape up sections of the trim outside to see if the buzzing went away as a process of elimination, but haven't had time and the weather here is crappy

Window buzzing still not resolved unfortunately....dealer played dumb claiming they could not hear it. I will take it to another dealer. I was going to try and tape up sections of the trim outside to see if the buzzing went away as a process of elimination, but haven't had time and the weather here is crappy
I have the same, but been dealing with other issues first. I went on a 600 mile road trip a few weeks back and I’m convinced more than ever that it’s related to airflow across either the a-pillar or door. I was also thinking about using some blue tape. Mine only happens above ~55mph and has nothing to do with road surface.

I have the same, but been dealing with other issues first. I went on a 600 mile road trip a few weeks back and I’m convinced more than ever that it’s related to airflow across either the a-pillar or door. I was also thinking about using some blue tape. Mine only happens above ~55mph and has nothing to do with road surface.
Yeah mine is above 55 mph and it increases as speeds increase. Definitely some kind of wind noise to your point but manifests as a weird buzzing. One of the guys here or on FB said the dealer replaced their front window and the noise went away.

Yeah mine is above 55 mph and it increases as speeds increase. Definitely some kind of wind noise to your point but manifests as a weird buzzing. One of the guys here or on FB said the dealer replaced their front window and the noise went away.
That’s good information. At some point this year I will attempt to get it fixed at the dealer. Yes, it’s a buzzing sound that increases with speed. Weird.

I think I may have figured it out....the driver side door is not sitting as flush as the passenger side door ...may have to adjust door hinges? When I push in and up on driver side door it seems to shift up a bit....passenger side does not as much

Well I have only had a few hours in and coming from a Porsche 911T (claim to fame is less sound dampening and light weight), the cabin is too quite like a Cadillac should be, but the exhaust really sounds muffled on the BW by comparison. I can live with it but very different from the 911.

Oh and the stereo does not allow me to set audio settings per source. ie USB media with lossless audio sounds great in the car and I can maximize the equalizer accordingly, but then when listening to spotify I cant set different equalizer settings, and AM radio for talk shows. Yeah Yeah I know listen to the engine and exhaust but see my first comment ;-)

Nothing that warrants me to sell it though - ha!

I can help eliminate your confusion: you close the trunk by pushing it down with your hand.

😛
Anyone else have to really push hard to close the trunk? If I just close it with normal force, it doesn’t latch. Have to use both hands and swing it down pretty darn hard.

Both hands? Have you been to the gym lately?
I have quite a lot of beer gut to shift into inertia but the trunk needs a huge heft of power to close. Almost feels like there is something in the way of the latch. #gmquality

A few things that I have noticed during my 1st week...

• I HATE that I have to hold the brake and the clutch to start the car. 30 years of muscle memory fighting me on every start.
  • While the clarity and volume of the stereo is good, it's way too 'front biased'. I had to shift the fade way to the rear to get a balanced sound. Honestly, the stereo in my wife's Wrangler is better.
  • Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is good, but for Apple Lossless Audio to sound best, it needs a cabled connection. Not a good place to put the phone when it's plugged in. Anyone using a phone mount?
  • On the overhead panel, I wish the Homelink and OnStar buttons were swapped. The Homelink buttons are too far 'overhead'.
  • And finally...when the windows are up, it's too d*** quiet. I wanna hear the felony happening at the tailpipes. With the windows down and the exhaust in Track, the pops, burbles and grumbles are intoxicating.
Who cares? The car is amazing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners