Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Hmm...never noticed it holding. I just press the EPB if I know im gonna be sitting there for a while, specially on long lights.
The Hill Start Assist activates on inclines after coming to a complete stop. Its been around so long and actually works so well, we forget just how seamless and well it works until you drive an older manual without it, and realize how lazy we've become going from the brake to catching the car with the clutch and enough gas... I used to make fun of people for having it on when it was an option, not anymore...

The Hill Start Assist activates on inclines after coming to a complete stop. Its been around so long and actually works so well, we forget just how seamless and well it works until you drive an older manual without it, and realize how lazy we've become going from the brake to catching the car with the clutch and enough gas... I used to make fun of people for having it on when it was an option, not anymore...
Crap... you just made me realize how long it's been since I've driven a manual🤦‍♂️👨‍🦳

Coming from a Shelby GT350, virtually everything is better with the CT4-V BW. The Shelby was a POS .. everything would rattle, break, etc.
Few minor things with the Cadi would be that:

• The brake/throttle are staggered in height too much and too close together for anyone who still prefers to heel toe vs using an auto-bump.
  • There's not enough room to rest your foot on the dead pedal for anyone with a size 13 foot or larger.
  • Unlocking doors has an awkward delay. If you turn off the vehicle and go straight to the door, it will jam half way. The same thing often happens when trying to open the door from the outside and pushing the button using prox. Probably something that can be updated with software.
  • The back of the center console should have been trimmed back by ~3". If you have any kids try to use the middle seat, they'll be kicking it nonstop. If you plug in a USB charger cable, it'll snap as they kick it.

Minor stuff in all. The car's amazing for an enthusiast who drives. I could care less about what a door handle looks like in the grand scheme of things. I didn't buy the car to look at .. I bought it to DRIVE.
Totally agree with you about that height stagger between the brake and throttle. Brake pedal is too high. I can deal with the spacing between the two pedals as some of my race cars are setup so it’s more of a roll of the ball of my foot, lateral aspect blipping the throttle, rather than a true pigeon toed ball of foot on brake with a heel blip. But, in everyday traffic I‘m not deep enough into the brake pedal travel to roll my foot. I was going to ask the dealer if height can be adjusted since it’s a brake-by-wire system. Also, that damned center console. I guess that pad is fine for the auto trans cars, but it’s kind of a pain with my manual box because my elbow/arm is higher than my wrist and I‘m not used to that. I‘m going to have the parts department order me a compartment cover, send it to a fabricator, and have a [relatively] flat one made out of carbon fiber or aluminum (anodized). I open-palm shift so the 2-to-3 and 4-to-5 is a whole arm kinda thing.

Has anyone else been experiencing Apple Car Play trying to automatically override the audio selection in the car? When I switch the car over to the radio, it will constantly force the audio back to my phone, even though I'm not playing music on my phone?! Very frustrating!

Has anyone else been experiencing Apple Car Play trying to automatically override the audio selection in the car? When I switch the car over to the radio, it will constantly force the audio back to my phone, even though I'm not playing music on my phone?! Very frustrating!

I don't have an iPhone but my wife does and her buick envision has the same infotainment system as our cars. It does it all the time in her vehicle.

I agree; this has happened in pretty much every car I've owned. Apple must have a special deal with the car companies...

Am I the only one who only successfully turns the car off like 70% of the time? Like, I hit the button but nothing happens. I guess I'm not hitting it hard enough.

Am I the only one who only successfully turns the car off like 70% of the time? Like, I hit the button but nothing happens. I guess I'm not hitting it hard enough.
I have not experienced this.

Ha! You know I had that happen a couple times in the beginning - I cannot remember now if it was anything more than being a bit light.

It was part of my early days stopping/starting and getting used to no manual parking brake, cursing the double-footed start, etc... but ya I did have that a few times.

I had that all the time in my Camaro ZL1. That start/stop button didn't work unless you pressed it just right. I have not experienced this with the start/stop button in the 4BW. Much better design and feel than the Camaro.

It happens with my V button like 30% of the time.
anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy.gif

The "favorites" feature goes whacky for no reason and random times. Have a rattle in headliner when exhaust is opened / not bad enough for the dealer to start takings apart... other than these, just wish is had more power.

The "favorites" feature goes whacky for no reason and random times. Have a rattle in headliner when exhaust is opened / not bad enough for the dealer to start takings apart... other than these, just wish is had more power.
I get some vibration/rattle from the plastic housing around the rear window brake light and the plastic area where the wireless charging pad is located. Other than that it is pretty tight.

As far as wanting more power, what were you driving before your 4BW? I am coming from a ZL1 with A10 and I don't really feel the need for more power. The ZL1 is of course quicker in the 60-130mph range but around town it feels about the same but much more fun since the 4BW is an M6. I actually felt the LT4 was over the limit for fun on the street. You just can't really use the power except for quick blasts on the highway on ramps.

The only thing I miss from the ZL1 is the exhaust note, other than that I am enjoying the 4BW much more. If they could have squeezed an LT1 or LT2 V8 in this 4BW, it would be magical. Keeping the 4BW proportions with a V8 for the soundtrack mated to the Tremec 6060, perfection. It basically would have fixed everything that is wrong with the Camaro and would have sold much better.

Last edited:
As far as wanting more power, what were you driving before you 4BW? I am coming from a ZL1 with A10 and I don't really feel the need for more power. The ZL1 is of course quicker in the 60-130mph range but around town it feels about the same but much more fun since the 4BW is an M6. The only thing I miss from the ZL1 is the exhaust note, other than that I am enjoying the 4BW much more. If they could have squeezed an LT1 or LT2 V8 in this 4BW, it would be magical. Keeping the 4BW proportions with a V8 for the soundtrack mated to the Tremec 6060, perfection. It basically would have fixed everything that is wrong with the Camaro and would have sold much better.
I concur. I love the Zl1 but there aren't many places on the street I feel comfy getting to WOT and on the tracks I get to run the most, it tends to make you focus more on managing the car than attacking the course. Maybe I'm a wuss but I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car too slow.

I concur. I love the Zl1 but there aren't many places on the street I feel comfy getting to WOT and on the tracks I get to run the most, it tends to make you focus more on managing the car than attacking the course. Maybe I'm a wuss but I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car too slow.

I hear you. Every couple years I find myself in a Miata again for this reason. You can rip through the gears on the street in that car without risking jail time. Then I get the itch more more power and comfort but then miss the Miata. I may buy another used one when the prices come down. I see price drops every week or so now for used ones. In general all used cars seem to be dropping from their stratospheric prices.

Haha I have the exact same issue. Can’t just hit the button and walk out - have to look at screen every time to make sure car turned off since I have 0 confidence in the start / stop button!

My new rants for my CT4 BW. My infotainment screen goes blank....like total black, blank, nothing works....about once every 3-4 weeks, lasts a minute or two, then just restarts. Cannot figure out why, the dealership cannot duplicate it. It's annoying but not a deal breaker of course. Any one else have anything like this?

My new rants for my CT4 BW. My infotainment screen goes blank....like total black, blank, nothing works....about once every 3-4 weeks, lasts a minute or two, then just restarts. Cannot figure out why, the dealership cannot duplicate it. It's annoying but not a deal breaker of course. Any one else have anything like this?
Are you using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto when it happens? I have had it happen once so far. Download tHe latest update to see if it improves.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back