Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Another Audi person moving to a BW. The only reason I am switching from a S6 is I miss the manual. I had a S4 manual which I loved but needed a bigger back seat, hence the S6. I have driven the RS5 and it is a very nice car.
I‘ve driven performance Audi’s for 20 years now. Last one was an RS5 cab which I love and I still have, but only made with automatic. Liked the idea of the 6M and was ready for a little change. The RS5 is fast and handles great, but when I drove it today after driving the BW consistently it actually feels heavier and less nimble than the BW now. Although I can’t drop the top on the BW…😎

Hi guys, new owner of a CT4V BW. I am coming from multiple generations of BMW M3's (E46, E90, F80), now to the B Blackwing. I've only had the Blackwing a few days but a few small gripes:

1. No physical parking brake handle, just the button. I wish the parking brake button was at least near the shifter so I'd remember it more easily.

2. Back seat space is at a premiums, which I knew about. It's about the same size back seat at my E90 M3 sedan. The F80 and G80 M3's are bigger than this for sure. It's a bit tight for two forward facing car seats, but it's do-able.

3. Center console could be a bit bigger, but that's being nit-picky.

That's all for now!

Regards,
Christopher

Hi guys, new owner of a CT4V BW. I am coming from multiple generations of BMW M3's (E46, E90, F80), now to the B Blackwing. I've only had the Blackwing a few days but a few small gripes:

1. No physical parking brake handle, just the button. I wish the parking brake button was at least near the shifter so I'd remember it more easily.

2. Back seat space is at a premiums, which I knew about. It's about the same size back seat at my E90 M3 sedan. The F80 and G80 M3's are bigger than this for sure. It's a bit tight for two forward facing car seats, but it's do-able.

That's all for now!

Regards,
Christopher
Have you tried being shorter so the front seats aren't slid so far back? 🤔

That's all for now!

Regards,
Christopher
Be sure to post photos of your car in the delivery thread, and definitely post photos of the car seats installed as well...I know several members who would appreciate it!

That's all for now!

Regards,
Christopher
the parking brake is electronic for 2 reasons: 1 to save weight. The second caliper makes the rotating mass lighter vs a drum inside the rotor. 2 to account for heat expansion/contraction. The system is actually pretty sophisticated and if the brakes are hot it will apply less pressure. As they cool and contract it applies more so your car doesn't roll off. If you just put a bunch of pressure on hot brakes it would be bad.

Thanks for update, good info! I can live with an electronic parking brake but I wish the button was nearest the shifter, not left of the steering wheel. 20+ years of driving manuals have instinctively taught me to "pull up" with my right hand to use the parking brake, not push with my left index finger!

After about a week:
1. I'm definitely not used to the electronic parking brake coming from a Miata. It's also annoying that it won't let me press the button to turn it off without my foot on the brake. I'm already in gear with the clutch down, c'mon car.
2. The height of the door and where it meets the window is just a bit too high to comfortably rest your elbow on the windowsill. How am I supposed to cruise around with an arm out the window that way?
3. It makes some strange smells. I keep getting a whiff of something sweet every now and then and I have no idea what it is.
4. The clutch pedal engagement point is quite a bit higher than I'm used to, and it's really throwing off my muscle memory.
5. The car deciding that the best way to warn me about something is to vibrate my butt is... unusual. I mean, it turns out I'm into it, but now I'm constantly trying to back into things just to chase the sensation.

Joking aside - car's really solid. It feels "special" in a way I didn't expect, and I really, really enjoy driving it. With some more time and muscle memory, I can already tell I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

@xeerohour ..... 5. The car deciding that the best way to warn me about something is to vibrate my butt is... unusual. I mean, it turns out I'm into it, but now I'm constantly trying to back into things just to chase the sensation.

My first thought was you'll get used to it. I had it on my 2018. Then I read the second sentence and started to laugh. Now I'm not sure if you're kidding or really into it.

Joking aside - car's really solid. It feels "special" in a way I didn't expect, and I really, really enjoy driving it.
Totally agree with this ^^^^

Coming from a Shelby GT350, virtually everything is better with the CT4-V BW. The Shelby was a POS .. everything would rattle, break, etc.
Few minor things with the Cadi would be that:

• The brake/throttle are staggered in height too much and too close together for anyone who still prefers to heel toe vs using an auto-bump.
  • There's not enough room to rest your foot on the dead pedal for anyone with a size 13 foot or larger.
  • Unlocking doors has an awkward delay. If you turn off the vehicle and go straight to the door, it will jam half way. The same thing often happens when trying to open the door from the outside and pushing the button using prox. Probably something that can be updated with software.
  • The back of the center console should have been trimmed back by ~3". If you have any kids try to use the middle seat, they'll be kicking it nonstop. If you plug in a USB charger cable, it'll snap as they kick it.

Minor stuff in all. The car's amazing for an enthusiast who drives. I could care less about what a door handle looks like in the grand scheme of things. I didn't buy the car to look at .. I bought it to DRIVE.

I have only had mine a few days and am at 220 miles. I do not experience most of the issues I read about by others - my blinkers synchronize to the sound, the upgraded seats are really nice for me (5'7", 140, I think it helpful to know as we all fit in things differently), plenty of pedal space for my size 9s. Rear camera resolution is awesome on mine. Massagers are awesome, some reviews said they do nothing but they sure do on mine. Audio system is also better than expected based upon comments I have read.

Nitpicks - the cupholders could use a bit more diameter and I prefer some rubber trim on the inside. My Yeti tumbler does fit but barely, and I am careful setting it in there to not scratch the top metal trim rings. Seatbelt reminder is obnoxious, hoping a local dealer can turn it off or perhaps it is a setting somewhere. The lack of a full surround camera system is disappointing. I am quite accustomed to it from my 2015 Sierra 2500, and my 2020 Sierra 1500. How does any Cadillac not include that? I would like to have it to get as close to curbs as possible without hitting wheels, but it is a small car and easy enough to park.

The center stack is not exciting, we all know this before buying the car. The shiny black plastic between the screen and buttons below is very out of place. Still, this car starts below 60k, and I find the interior very high quality relative to the pricepoint. The 5 starting in the mid 80s- that is a larger gripe for me. It needs to be much better there. It could use some more open storage areas, but it looks very clean as is.

So very minimal complaints for me. And 0 concerns regarding the driving of the car. Absolutely stellar experience, and I can't wait to elevate the RPMs after break in. 6MT is amazing. It is easy to argue the 4 is the better Blackwing package given its price tag, but of course the 5 gives you that glorious LT4, and it alone is worth the extra cost. I do still have a 5 on order, but I can see not wanting to trade the 4 in as it so fun and "usable" as a daily driver.

I have only had mine a few days and am at 220 miles. I do not experience most of the issues I read about by others - my blinkers synchronize to the sound, the upgraded seats are really nice for me (5'7", 140, I think it helpful to know as we all fit in things differently), plenty of pedal space for my size 9s. Rear camera resolution is awesome on mine. Massagers are awesome, some reviews said they do nothing but they sure do on mine. Audio system is also better than expected based upon comments I have read.

Nitpicks - the cupholders could use a bit more diameter and I prefer some rubber trim on the inside. My Yeti tumbler does fit but barely, and I am careful setting it in there to not scratch the top metal trim rings. Seatbelt reminder is obnoxious, hoping a local dealer can turn it off or perhaps it is a setting somewhere. The lack of a full surround camera system is disappointing. I am quite accustomed to it from my 2015 Sierra 2500, and my 2020 Sierra 1500. How does any Cadillac not include that? I would like to have it to get as close to curbs as possible without hitting wheels, but it is a small car and easy enough to park.

The center stack is not exciting, we all know this before buying the car. The shiny black plastic between the screen and buttons below is very out of place. Still, this car starts below 60k, and I find the interior very high quality relative to the pricepoint. The 5 starting in the mid 80s- that is a larger gripe for me. It needs to be much better there. It could use some more open storage areas, but it looks very clean as is.

So very minimal complaints for me. And 0 concerns regarding the driving of the car. Absolutely stellar experience, and I can't wait to elevate the RPMs after break in. 6MT is amazing. It is easy to argue the 4 is the better Blackwing package given its price tag, but of course the 5 gives you that glorious LT4, and it alone is worth the extra cost. I do still have a 5 on order, but I can see not wanting to trade the 4 in as it so fun and "usable" as a daily driver.
For the daily its bad to the bone! My 4 has 4500 miles and my 5 has 1000...

I wish they would put HUD on all the cars, or at least dual purpose the red forward collision lights to be shift lights when in V-Mode or Race 1/Race 2 PTM mode.

So I just got my 4BW. My gripe are wish the infotainment is a lil bit bigger. Screen splitting Waze and Music just skews Waze too tightly. Wish there's a tad bit more space in the back seat. These things are supposed to be 2" longer than the M3 but you'd never know that sitting in the back. My buddy's M3 back seats are actually roomy.
Lastly, the placement of the parking brake. Wish they put that damn button right on the center console. Or have it auto set on when you turn off the car. Figured being an EPB, it wouldnt be hard to make it automatically set.
I don't know that I would want auto set parking brake feature on a track capable car. The last thing I would want is to have it activate after parking between sessions as the brakes were cooling down. I would prefer a handle as well.

MY biggest pet peeve is the memory seat buttons aren't single push, you have to push and hold them.

I don't know that I would want auto set parking brake feature on a track capable car. The last thing I would want is to have it activate after parking between sessions as the brakes were cooling down. I would prefer a handle as well.
It’s electronic so it can adjust and change clamping pressure as the brakes heat/cool and expand/contract. If it was a handle the car could roll away if applied hot and then cooled. Had that problem with my caliper parking brake lt1 trans am. They didn’t want to do a drum parking brake in order to reduce unsprung weight. There’s good reason why things were done the way they were.

It’s electronic so it can adjust and change clamping pressure as the brakes heat/cool and expand/contract. If it was a handle the car could roll away if applied hot and then cooled. Had that problem with my caliper parking brake lt1 trans am. They didn’t want to do a drum parking brake in order to reduce unsprung weight. There’s good reason why things were done the way they were.
Interesting, because at Spring Mountain they told us to "NOT SET THE PARKING BRAKE" or it could cause a problem...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back