Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Wish manuals would auto hold...release when you step on the clutch and give it some gas.
Uhmm that's how GM manuals have worked for a while now. I don't know that I want it to auto hold like the automatics. But on a hill, or anytime the ebrake us on at all , clutch and a little gas and off you go...

Uhmm that's how GM manuals have worked for a while now. I don't know that I want it to auto hold like the automatics. But on a hill, or anytime the ebrake us on at all , clutch and a little gas and of you go...
But thats the point, specially since manuals have a tendency to roll back on hills. Have a angle detection and set the EPB on when it detects the car rolling back. Wouldnt hurt to have it on without having to manual press the EPB button.

Plus I hate how that damn button is on the dash, why cant it be on the center console next to the mode button? Yeah I know, first world problem.

But thats the point, specially since manuals have a tendency to roll back on hills. Have a angle detection and set the EPB on when it detects the car rolling back. Wouldnt hurt to have it on without having to manual press the EPB button.

Plus I hate how that damn button is on the dash, why cant it be on the center console next to the mode button? Yeah I know, first world problem.
Button on the the center console, yeah I'm with you there, but I'd prefer to control its deployment and Hill Start Assist works exactly the way you're describing.

For me I wish GM would finally expand the file types you can play from usb,, every other maker will do video files now. That and they should have made the voice prompt respond to "Hey Blackwing "!

And get some storage for sunglasses!

Also, Lane Assist is pretty fucking worthless. My wife's Hyundai Palisade is light years better at staying centered in lane and doesnt bounce line to line...

Also, Lane Assist is pretty fucking worthless. My wife's Hyundai Palisade is light years better at staying centered in lane and doesnt bounce line to line...
I don’t believe this feature is supposed to keep you centered in the lane. It is a not Supercruise with auto steering. It is a lane departure safety feature where it will try to keep you from drifting to the next lane.

Lane assist in the Hyundai and 4BW is the same.
Are you referring to their Highway Drive assist? That provides more functionality than the Caddy does.

Wish manuals would auto hold...release when you step on the clutch and give it some gas.
It auto-holds when the clutch is in. So you come up to a stop sign on a hill, push in the clutch as you come to a stop with the brakes, grab first, release brake to go for gas, and the car will auto-hold until you start letting out the clutch.

Maybe just because I'm old, but I haven't been able to find a comfortable seating position for longer drives in my 4BW. I'm thinking the sport seats are just firmer than my liking, but have others had this same issue?

Otherwise, it's pretty much a perfect car.

Maybe just because I'm old, but I haven't been able to find a comfortable seating position for longer drives in my 4BW. I'm thinking the sport seats are just firmer than my liking, but have others had this same issue?

I tried all three seats last week at the dealer before I bought my 4BW. Based on my experience, the base seats were pretty soft. I found them the most comfortable but they do lack the deeper bolstering of the sport seats. The mid-tier seats with the suede center sections felt pretty good as well. I think these represent the sweet spot for comfort and bolster support. The quilted leather seats look cool and have desirable cooling and massage features but I found them to be the least comfortable. Maybe they will break in a bit like some Recaros seats I had in the past?

Agree they are firmer (the top of the line ones) but for me they've been really good so far. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently.

With my M2C I was one of the people that never totally got on with the seats and there were multiple threads of people complaining. We were in the minority for sure but still, it wasn't uncommon.

Back to the 4BW, I think someone stated (maybe with zero facts mind you) that the temp unit in the seats necessitated their firmness.

Needing the CF-ready front fascia if you want the dive planes. I think I am going to give up the ghost of cobbling the CF1 together as it's only the rear wing that seems easily added.
And that there is no way I'm keeping the CF1 splitter clean. No frickin way at all, so why go through that heartache, lol.

Needing the CF-ready front fascia if you want the dive planes. I think I am going to give up the ghost of cobbling the CF1 together as it's only the rear wing that seems easily added.
And that there is no way I'm keeping the CF1 splitter clean. No frickin way at all, so why go through that heartache, lol.

I am waiting for a cheap front splitter to be released so I won’t feel paranoid about damaging it all the time.

Th
Agree they are firmer (the top of the line ones) but for me they've been really good so far. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently.

With my M2C I was one of the people that never totally got on with the seats and there were multiple threads of people complaining. We were in the minority for sure but still, it wasn't uncommon.

Back to the 4BW, I think someone stated (maybe with zero facts mind you) that the temp unit in the seats necessitated their firmness.
Thanks for all the thoughts. I'm 6' 3" and 185, so not like I'm too big for the seats. Maybe I just don't have enough rear padding. Haha.

The 4BW replaced a Genesis G70, and its lane-keeping was WAY better. The 4BW doesn't seem to center me in the lane, which is fine, but will aggressively try and drive me back into a lane when I'm changing lanes while flicking on the turn signal. It's really annoying and I'm considering turning it off.

Last edited:
I have the 4BW 6spd. I'd like to be able to start the engine without my foot on the brake. If I'm in my garage, or another level surface, why do I have to have my foot on the brake? Is it the GM lawyers?

The 4BW replaced a Genesis G70, and its lane-keeping was WAY better. The 4BW doesn't seem to center me in the lane, which is fine, but will aggressively try and drive me back into a lane when I'm changing lanes while flicking on the turn signal. It's really annoying and I'm considering turning it off.
I just keep it off all the time.

I have the 4BW 6spd. I'd like to be able to start the engine without my foot on the brake. If I'm in my garage, or another level surface, why do I have to have my foot on the brake? Is it the GM lawyers?
Don’t worry, all future Balckwings will be electric so you won’t even need to start or stop it. ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back