Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Are you using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto when it happens? I have had it happen once so far. Download tHe latest update to see if it improves.
Using Apple CarPlay when it's happened most times. Just had an update a few days ago. But like I mentioned it happens every few weeks to month, not so often that I can duplicate it at the dealership.

Using Apple CarPlay when it's happened most times. Just had an update a few days ago. But like I mentioned it happens every few weeks to month, not so often that I can duplicate it at the dealership.
This same thing used to happen from time to time when using Apple Carplay in my Genesis. Then I got a new phone and it stopped. It may be a phone issue, not a car issue.

Haha I have the exact same issue. Can’t just hit the button and walk out - have to look at screen every time to make sure car turned off since I have 0 confidence in the start / stop button!

That's why I wish the radio would turn off when I turn the car off - then I would know!!

That's why I wish the radio would turn off when I turn the car off - then I would know!!
It would be really nice to have a GM Bimmercode equivalent for changing settings they couldn't be arsed to put in the head unit.
I guess either no other option or pulling fuses is the only heavy handed option? depending on what it is.

Does GM ever add settings to the infotainment section? I'm guessing I already know that answer.

My new rants for my CT4 BW. My infotainment screen goes blank....like total black, blank, nothing works....about once every 3-4 weeks, lasts a minute or two, then just restarts. Cannot figure out why, the dealership cannot duplicate it. It's annoying but not a deal breaker of course. Any one else have anything like this?
...I don't have an answer, but can commiserate and say that was my only complaint about my ss... same issue/ annoyance

My radio turns off when I turn the car off. The only reason it won't is if you have that latest infotainment update pending where it says the system will stay on for up to 5 minutes or so after shutting off the car.

My radio turns off when I turn the car off. The only reason it won't is if you have that latest infotainment update pending where it says the system will stay on for up to 5 minutes or so after shutting off the car.
Mine doesn't until I open the door.

Mine doesn't turn off until the door opens.

I see you also have a Tesla, we just got one as well. The Tesla is the most disturbing yet, you just put it in park and get out and walk away- no turning it off, no locking. I am still getting used to that.

Maybe it's only because I've had time to do it waiting on my car but it's a good thing to do anyway. There's this thing called an owners manual...

"Stopping the Engine/OFF(No Indicator Lights) :
When the vehicle is stopped, press ENGINE START/STOPonceto turn the engine off. If the vehicle is in P(Park), the ignition will turn off, and Retained Accessory Power(RAP) will remain active. See Retained Accessory Power (RAP) 0 267. If the vehicle has an automatic transmission, and is not in P(Park), the ignition will return to accessory mode and display a message in the Driver Information Center (DIC). Whenthe vehicle is shifted into P(Park), the ignition system will turn OFF. If the vehicle has a manual transmission and is stationary, the ignition will turn off, and Retained Accessory Power(RAP) will remain active. See Retained Accessory Power (RAP) 0 267."

"Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
When the vehicle is turned from on to off, the following features (if equipped) will continue to function for up to 10 minutes, or until the driver door is opened. These features will also work when the vehicle is on or in accessory mode:
. Infotainment System
. Power Windows(during RAP this functionality will be lost when any door is opened)
. Sunroof (during RAP this functionality will be lost when any door is opened)
. Auxiliary Power Outlet
. Audio System"

It's really a good read.

Mine doesn't until I open the door.
Correct, I should have mentioned that. I was thinking about the latest update we received where the radio would not turn off even if you opened the door. Then I re-read the release note where it said it would take stay on for 5 minutes or so after you leave the vehicle. Once the update completed it went back to shutting off when the door was opened.

Mine doesn't turn off until the door opens.

I see you also have a Tesla, we just got one as well. The Tesla is the most disturbing yet, you just put it in park and get out and walk away- no turning it off, no locking. I am still getting used to that.

Yeah, it is pretty wild at first. Using the phone as your key is excellent. It also pairs your driver settings based on the phone that is paired. For example, when my wife opens the door it automatically starts moving the seat and mirrors to her settings and when I drive it automatically switches to my settings. No buttons to push it just syncs based on who is driving, which is determined by the phone being used.

By the way, you don't even need to put it in park. Just open the driver door and it will go to park and apply the e-brake. Sometimes I almost forget to turn off the 4BW since I go back and forth between the Tesla.

I love my 4BW with the M6 but the Tesla Model 3 is pretty slick and I love how they keep improving the car via software updates during the ownership period. I am really curious if GM is going to be able to build a fun to drive EV...🍿

As far as wanting more power, what were you driving before your 4BW? I am coming from a ZL1 with A10 and I don't really feel the need for more power. The ZL1 is of course quicker in the 60-130mph range but around town it feels about the same but much more fun since the 4BW is an M6. I actually felt the LT4 was over the limit for fun on the street. You just can't really use the power except for quick blasts on the highway on ramps.

The only thing I miss from the ZL1 is the exhaust note, other than that I am enjoying the 4BW much more. If they could have squeezed an LT1 or LT2 V8 in this 4BW, it would be magical. Keeping the 4BW proportions with a V8 for the soundtrack mated to the Tremec 6060, perfection. It basically would have fixed everything that is wrong with the Camaro and would have sold much better.
Coming out of a 2015 SS (Holden SSV) with a LS3 6mt... this BW has more HP but the torque from the LS3 was stronger.

My wife drives a Model 3 Performance. It's a fine car overall and the 0-30 performance will rearrange internal organs when fully charged. The metrics are one thing that makes it look good on paper, but that cannot overcome the soulless appliance personality. I'm certain that just a few years ago I wouldn't have allocated $100k to a car like the 5BW, but this is the last stop on the ICE train, so sign me up!

My wife drives a Model 3 Performance. It's a fine car overall and the 0-30 performance will rearrange internal organs when fully charged. The metrics are one thing that makes it look good on paper, but that cannot overcome the soulless appliance personality. I'm certain that just a few years ago I wouldn't have allocated $100k to a car like the 5BW, but this is the last stop on the ICE train, so sign me up!

Indeed, I sold my Model 3 Performance to get the ZL1. The Tesla is wicket fast and smooth but as you mentioned it lacks personality, which is my concern for performance EVs moving forward. Without the sound, vibration and driving engagement you have to make up for it with tech, handling, acceleration, low cost of ownership, etc. I am just trying to envision if an EV Blackwing would be desirable. The EVs start to feel all the same, maybe the just styling and interior differences differentiate them?

Coming out of a 2015 SS (Holden SSV) with a LS3 6mt... this BW has more HP but the torque from the LS3 was stronger.

The 4BW feels pretty strong to me once I burned up the cheap gas the dealer put in and filled it up with 93 octane. :) The cool thing about the LF4 is you can easily add more power if you want. Check out the tech sub-forum and the gains from a the JB4 tune. 83whp and 60lb ft of tq.

I am waiting for a cheap front splitter to be released so I won’t feel paranoid about damaging it all the time.
There are some on eBay for the V. Not sure if they'd fit the BW, though.

I wish that the 4 & 5 BW had a dashboard with an emblem on the passenger side like my Chevy SS -

1665969686125.png

Hi guys, new owner of a CT4V BW. I am coming from multiple generations of BMW M3's (E46, E90, F80), now to the B Blackwing. I've only had the Blackwing a few days but a few small gripes:

1. No physical parking brake handle, just the button. I wish the parking brake button was at least near the shifter so I'd remember it more easily.

2. Back seat space is at a premiums, which I knew about. It's about the same size back seat at my E90 M3 sedan. The F80 and G80 M3's are bigger than this for sure. It's a bit tight for two forward facing car seats, but it's do-able.

3. Center console could be a bit bigger, but that's being nit-picky.

That's all for now!

Regards,
Christopher
I Agree! I am old school and I miss the hand brake on my M2C.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back