Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
The 4BW replaced a Genesis G70, and its lane-keeping was WAY better. The 4BW doesn't seem to center me in the lane, which is fine, but will aggressively try and drive me back into a lane when I'm changing lanes while flicking on the turn signal. It's really annoying and I'm considering turning it off.
Not sure if I've ever had a manual that would start without my foot on the brake...

I have the 4BW 6spd. I'd like to be able to start the engine without my foot on the brake. If I'm in my garage, or another level surface, why do I have to have my foot on the brake? Is it the GM lawyers?
In case the car is left in gear, so it won't lurch when started.

Not sure if I've ever had a manual that would start without my foot on the brake...

My experience is the opposite. I've never had a manual that DID require foot on brake. Pain in the ass when switching vehicles. Get in the Cadillac, car doesn't start, remember to press brake (in addition to the clutch), try to start car again.

In case the car is left in gear, so it won't lurch when started.

That's what the clutch interlock is for.

I tried all three seats last week at the dealer before I bought my 4BW. Based on my experience, the base seats were pretty soft. I found them the most comfortable but they do lack the deeper bolstering of the sport seats. The mid-tier seats with the suede center sections felt pretty good as well. I think these represent the sweet spot for comfort and bolster support. The quilted leather seats look cool and have desirable cooling and massage features but I found them to be the least comfortable. Maybe they will break in a bit like some Recaros seats I had in the past?

Random question, are the 4BWs up-level seatbacks thinner than the base? Wondering if that might give an extra inch of legroom to the back seat passengers. They kind of look like it in the configurator, but hard to tell.

They
Random question, are the 4BWs up-level seatbacks thinner than the base? Wondering if that might give an extra inch of legroom to the back seat passengers. They kind of look like it in the configurator, but hard to tell.
I am not sure you pick any space but you get a seat back pocket.

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 1.57.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 2.00.49 PM.png

My experience is the opposite. I've never had a manual that DID require foot on brake. Pain in the ass when switching vehicles. Get in the Cadillac, car doesn't start, remember to press brake (in addition to the clutch), try to start car again.

That's what the clutch interlock is for.
Agreed...I've been driving manuals my entire life and this is the first car that has required a foot on the brake to start.

Having said that, I thought I would hate this "feature" but after a few days of ownership two feet in to start has become...I'm about to say it....automatic. :hb 😬

Does anyone have trouble shifting into 5th? So far my car (I'm only at 700 miles) is quite resistant to shifting into 5th about 25% of the time, doesn't depend on how warm the transmission is.

Does anyone have trouble shifting into 5th? So far my car (I'm only at 700 miles) is quite resistant to shifting into 5th about 25% of the time, doesn't depend on how warm the transmission is.
I always found 5th on these Tremecs to require a little extra effort/focus. I think it is normal.

That was 2nd gear for me, even when you rode with me. It's gotten better or I've subconsciously started using a bit more force.

Agreed...I've been driving manuals my entire life and this is the first car that has required a foot on the brake to start.

Having said that, I thought I would hate this "feature" but after a few days of ownership two feet in to start has become...I'm about to say it....automatic. :hb 😬
Sometimes I remember to put both feet on, but sometimes I accidentally just press the clutch and try to start it. No consistency, you could say it's continuously variable...

Sometimes I remember to put both feet on, but sometimes I accidentally just press the clutch and try to start it. No consistency, you could say it's continuously variable...
It's consistent from the perspective that one must place one's foot on the brake to start automatics so it would be the same across all vehicles.

It makes sense as you really never want to start a vehicle in gear, but if you're in neutral the vehicle can roll, even if you're in gear putting in the clutch has nearly the same affect so having a foot on the brake make sense. (Of course the parking brake is designed to serve this very purpose. )

Thats the thing, could have sworn I read that Blackwings were supposed to have hill assist.
It will hold for a few seconds automatically or you can hit the button (EPB) and it will hold until you pull off... Its been on every GM manual for the last 5 years or so.

It will hold for a few seconds automatically or you can hit the button (EPB) and it will hold until you pull off... Its been on every GM manual for the last 5 years or so.
Hmm...never noticed it holding. I just press the EPB if I know im gonna be sitting there for a while, specially on long lights.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back