Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Went to the dealership to get my first oil change for free. The dealer could not perform the complementary oil change unless the oil life was at or below 20%. That was news to me. I’m at 33% right now. It’s not a big deal I’ll get there before winter.

Tell us how you like them I was tempted to buy a set this time.
I second this. I'm looking at these tires for my Z06 since they are 30% cheaper then Michelins.

Started a road trip down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Basically coasting down a mountain for 20 minutes has to have gotten me the best 20 minutes of gas mileage I’ll ever get with this car.

IMG_9053.jpeg

New Falken Azenis FK460 A/S tires, and saw the 500 mile RPM range change:

Went to the dealership to get my first oil change for free. The dealer could not perform the complementary oil change unless the oil life was at or below 20%. That was news to me. I’m at 33% right now. It’s not a big deal I’ll get there before winter.
That's BS on the dealer. I got my first oil change, the freebie at 560 miles. Dealer couldn't have cared what the oil life was and that's how it should be.

Your freebie your call on mileage. Don

Added gloss black wing and roof spoilers.

Attachments

• blackwing 3.jpg
    blackwing 3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 128
  • blackwing 4.jpg
    blackwing 4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 122
That's BS on the dealer. I got my first oil change, the freebie at 560 miles. Dealer couldn't have cared what the oil life was and that's how it should be.

Your freebie your call on mileage. Don
+1
Got mine done around 800 miles IIRC. That was almost 6 months into ownership. They actually called me to set up the appointment. They also thought I had a lot more miles than I did. Sorry but she slept all winter.

Picked it up from the dealership after two weeks of work. They replaced the oil sensor as it was giving low oil warnings erroneously. Part of me is worried that it took so long, it sounds like they had to disassemble a big part of the engine bay. Hoping the tech was experienced and didn’t **** anything up putting it back together.

What are your impressions, have you done the tail in other cars before, if yes how does the 5BW compare?
It was my first time on that road. You could definitely feel the weight of the car around some of the tighter corners but it handled well. I got there very early in the morning so it was basically just me on the road, so rolling down the windows and hearing just the engine was great. It's definitely a road where the 4BW would probably fare better, but it was still very fun nonetheless.

It was my first time on that road. You could definitely feel the weight of the car around some of the tighter corners but it handled well. I got there very early in the morning so it was basically just me on the road, so rolling down the windows and hearing just the engine was great. It's definitely a road where the 4BW would probably fare better, but it was still very fun nonetheless.
Most fun I have ever had on a road, even in my old ATS Premium. :giggle:

I got there very early in the morning so it was basically just me on the road...

That's the only time I would consider driving it, fairly early morning on a weekday. There are so many other great roads in the area I wouldn't bother if it is busy or if there are police around.

Having said that, I'm jealous. I haven't taken my 5BW there yet. Was just watching videos and talking about it last night. I've been there many times with various other motorcycles and cars. Just a matter of time. :)

Really have gotten to appreciate everyone's input on this forum.

Just sharing the ride with the Blackwing - picked it up back in April and since then have installed "Blackwing" logo puddle lights from Savage Cadillac, blacked out logos from 404 parts (both FANTASTIC sources for items). Have PPF "track package" installed as well as ceramic for the paint and wheels (the brake dust is a real struggle city to keep off lol). Also installed CF1 and CF2 (picked it up from the shop today! PPF and ceramic was done by Hyer Quality Detail, CF installs done by APEX Customs (thank you Spencer / Cassandra / Jeff from APEX, and Derek from Hyer!!)

Just when it couldn't look any more badass... the CF packages really make it look like a weapon. Super happy with the result

Attachments

• Dealer1.jpg
    Dealer1.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Dealer2.jpg
    Dealer2.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 138
  • APEX1.jpg
    APEX1.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 131
  • APEX2.jpg
    APEX2.jpg