Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I normally wouldn’t add anything to a new car, but I think the little BW badge was justified.
Agreed. Just installed mine last weekend...

Attachments

• 346099737_1350104055548496_2485959627365493639_n.jpg
    346099737_1350104055548496_2485959627365493639_n.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 46
How difficult were the badges to replace? Are they OEM?
Yeah, they are the OEM ones. Pretty easy to install, as long as you don't mind destroying the old ones. The installation for the front emblem called for removing the entire front number and grille. If you can fit your fingers in the grille holes behind the front emblem, you don't have to remove anything. I did break one clip on the original one. For the trunk one, I was afraid to use a blow dryer because of my PPF, so I just removed the thing in pieces. Also broke both clips on the original one because I didn't have a way to squeeze both clips at the same time while also fighting the adhesive. All in all, took maybe 30 minutes total. Make sure you have some interior trim tools for the trunk liner.

Yeah, they are the OEM ones. Pretty easy to install, as long as you don't mind destroying the old ones. The installation for the front emblem called for removing the entire front number and grille. If you can fit your fingers in the grille holes behind the front emblem, you don't have to remove anything. I did break one clip on the original one. For the trunk one, I was afraid to use a blow dryer because of my PPF, so I just removed the thing in pieces. Also broke both clips on the original one because I didn't have a way to squeeze both clips at the same time while also fighting the adhesive. All in all, took maybe 30 minutes total. Make sure you have some interior trim tools for the trunk liner.
I saw the bumper needing to be removed which seems like overkill. Loving the bronze wheels btw. Thinking about doing something similar on my argent silver.

I may be out too but we'll see. This has been the worst car I've owned in regards to issues. I have a rattle/clunk in the front end that started around 21k miles and I'm about to hit 26k. They had it for 14 days total trying to diagnose it. They replaced one of the struts which didn't fix it but are out of ideas. Went over everything with the service manager and they are suppose to get in touch with GM today to start the process to have an engineer come out.

Maybe everything will work out or maybe I'll be moving into a manual M3 sooner than I thought. I got rid of my motorcycle and plan on getting something newer this week. So the new bike fun is keeping the annoyance of this at bay a bit.

Attempted to use the no-lift-shift today. This car deserves a better driver...
NLS is tricky for sure. If you are a long-time manual driver you definitely have to re-wire your brain to be able to do it. But once you get it...it is very satisfying.

I may be out too but we'll see. This has been the worst car I've owned in regards to issues. I have a rattle/clunk in the front end that started around 21k miles and I'm about to hit 26k. They had it for 14 days total trying to diagnose it. They replaced one of the struts which didn't fix it but are out of ideas. Went over everything with the service manager and they are suppose to get in touch with GM today to start the process to have an engineer come out.

Maybe everything will work out or maybe I'll be moving into a manual M3 sooner than I thought. I got rid of my motorcycle and plan on getting something newer this week. So the new bike fun is keeping the annoyance of this at bay a bit.

Sorry to hear about your car's troubles, but....
Don't keep us hanging. What bikes are you considering??? :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back