Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Changed my differential fluid, as suggested after 1500 miles and prior to track use.

View attachment 18602
Im doing mine this weekend...just curious do I need to do this after every track day? sometimes ill run like 3 sessions and that's it. I probably punish the diff more on Sunday morning "spirited drives" than I do on a track day

Im doing mine this weekend...just curious do I need to do this after every track day? sometimes ill run like 3 sessions and that's it. I probably punish the diff more on Sunday morning "spirited drives" than I do on a track day
The manual says to change after every 24 hours of racing/competitive driving, so I would just keep track of your on-track hours and change it once they get to 24.

I can confirm GM makes OEM black badges (not painted, but black plastic) under part number 85104905 for the CT4 BW. I was thinking to get the 0fx2gv badges, but at $189 for them verses $200 shipped for factory badges, I went with GM. Cadillac's accessory website lists them at $250, but you can find cheaper at other online parts sites.

I already had black V badges I got from ebay (cheap $10 ones, but good quality), but wanted everything to match with the blackwing badge so I replaced them all.

I might do the caulk trick to fill in the blackwing badge at some point - the above examples look really good 👍

View attachment 18699

View attachment 18701

View attachment 18719

Edit: they come with an AWD badge for some reason.
You should F w/ people and put the AWD badge on! 😈

Anyone know if the recommendation to change diff fluid also applies prior to drag racing? I'm not talking about hours of 1/4 mile runs, but like 3 or 4 passes every 2 months or so. I'm thinking probably not as important but couldn't hurt.

Finished my pressure washer setup with the exception of installing an outlet on this side of the garage. This makes washing the 4BW a much quicker process! Yes, this is a straight rip-off of the obsessed garage setup.
View attachment 18722
Nice. Today I received some parts from Obsessed Garage and CR stuff coming tomorrow from Amazon. It’s impossible to dry a car fast enough in Arizona in the summer.

Last edited:
Removed the crappy dealer logo that materialized on the back of my car between the time I first looked at it and the time I picked it up.

Had it professionally washed and detailed for the first time since I picked it up 5 months ago.

Unrelated, but since I'm here and typing: I've had my car 5 months and I've only had someone mention to me that they knew what it was 3 times - and all of those times happened during the past 13 days.

The first was at an ice cream shop in San Antonio, where I parked next to a regular-V CT5. Which is kind of cheating, LOL. Second time was a Mustang-owning employee at a pizza place. Third time was today while getting the car detailed, by an employee of the place who was admiring it and just softly saying, "These things are so badass."

Last edited:
Now that I retired , I had a concrete 24 x 14 pad poured, got a rollout awning that is 16 x 20 and have my air compressor in the basement attached to an outside reel. I have a 2100 psi electric pressure washer and hot/cold water spicket. Bought one tall and one short outdoor storage cabinets that hold all my cleaning/detail supplies and a portable (but powerful) vacuum.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_182503145.jpg
    IMG_20210407_182503145.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 73
What product are you guys using on your dashboard , door upholstery and seats. My car is coming up on one year since delivered and its time for its annual interior upkeep. What material is the dash made of....vinyl?

For dash and interior plastic I use a highly diluted mild hand or dish soap soap applied with a microfiber cloth. Then I take a warm water cloth and wipe down. I shy away from all these fancy expensive concoctions. I’m sure everybody has their favorite products. I have never found it necessary to use any specialty cleaning products.

I've only seen 3 or 4 in the Chicago suburbs over the last year and a half...

I finally saw not one but two within about 10 minutes of each other. Those were my first non dealer spots. Was happy to finally be driving mine when I passed them.

Attended my first 2023 Car Show at Tobay Beach on Long Island this past Sunday. There were over 600 cars . There would have been even more, but this day there were at least 3 other shows that took away some showups. I was shocked that my 22' CT5-V BW was the ONLY Blackwing on display, not even any 4's were there.

Attachments

• 20230507_135906.jpg
    20230507_135906.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
Arguably the worst wheel in terms of visual removal, but I ceramic coated the tech bronze summer set before swapping them over a few weeks ago. It makes a huge difference in cleaning time. What normally took a good amount of elbow grease and a microfiber wash mit only a few minutes per wheel. Highly recommend it, I doubled the coating to really make sure it built up protection. Calipers got nice and tidy from just spraying them off too!
Did you do the ceramic yourself and if so, did you remove the wheels? Was it a spray on/rinse off ceramic, or a wipe off? Which product did you use? I also have these wheels and want to coat them before the summer driving season gets too far along. Thanks!

Did you do the ceramic yourself and if so, did you remove the wheels? Was it a spray on/rinse off ceramic, or a wipe off? Which product did you use? I also have these wheels and want to coat them before the summer driving season gets too far along. Thanks!
I did it myself with the remaining amount from the bottle I used on the car. This was gtechniq exo but my go to and what I will inevitably redo my car in this summer is cquartz uk 3.0 which is your normal wipe on/off application. learning the coating process on the wheels is great because if you mess up, it's not that noticeable in terms of streaks. I used a "copious" amount to ensure I got all the spikes and calipers nice and wet. Did it with the wheels off so you can really get in there.

I used the 301 graphene coating on mine. I pulled the wheels one at a time and just left it on the jack since I wasn't going under it. I've since bought a bottle of Avalon King ceramic to do the carbon spoiler since I didn't want to take the car back to the detailer just for that. If I did it over again I'd use that for the wheels since it's got a longer life in theory. They are running specials now, and one bottle would do all your wheels. It's easy to use, doesn't cost a lot and it has great reviews online like from Pan the Organizer. Armor Shield IX DIY Ceramic Coating Kit

Some of us also did the calipers and other painted objects while we were in there. Figured it would help appearance of the painted things and corrosion for the other parts.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back