Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Haha it was an apt comparison! I will say for the record pics don’t do these matte cars justice. Looks way more dynamic in real life.

I washed the 5BW.

Attachments

• DEAA22C8-58E9-4943-BFE9-BBF61FE59F17.JPG
    DEAA22C8-58E9-4943-BFE9-BBF61FE59F17.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 129
A friend of mine from Mexico sent me his Dragy run with his Auto Blackwing. Oddly enough his car has the same color combo as mine. Run was done in 'my mode' with everything in comfort except exhaust. If settings are adjusted the car probably has another .1 or .2 in it if conditions are the same.

Attachments

• dragy 1.png
    dragy 1.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 117
Broke the 500 mile break-in on the way back from Austin to Fort Worth. Definitely less dramatic than I was expecting 🤣
View attachment 10081
I've seen several of these videos now, and they are all missing the money shot: as soon as the redline goes up, drop two gears and hammer that shit straight to the limiter!

I've seen several of these videos now, and they are all missing the money shot: as soon as the redline goes up, drop two gears and hammer that shit straight to the limiter!
Already posted here by our very own @quikag

Already posted here by our very own @quikag

I'm not sure but that may be the "money shot"! As Kyle said, I'm old...

Lol wut? That my friend is a manual. Yellow gear counter for rev-matching.
Quick q on rev matching’s other half - I take it no lift shifting is only really applicable when you’re beyond the 500mi mark where the revs are at the real redline?

Quick q on rev matching’s other half - I take it no lift shifting is only really applicable when you’re beyond the 500mi mark where the revs are at the real redline?
I'd imagine it likely will work if you don't follow the suggested break in. Since the manual isn't electronically limited to 4500 RPM you can redline before 500 mi if you wanted to. Can't imagine it would turn off no-lift shift if it's not restricting RPMs

That being said, I'd like to hear how you 5BW owners like the no-lift. Only tried once in my 4BW as 1st gear it suggests you shift around 4500 rpm and 2nd gear is around 5700. No Lift shift, to my knowledge, should be used near redline and I just couldn't test it anywhere.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back