Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

500 Miles - IT'S PARTY TIME!!!! Two acceleration runs with my CT5-V Blackwing six-speed!!

quikag

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Escalade V, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Check out my video below. It shows the transition of the tachometer at 500 miles to allowing the normal, full 6,500rpm rev range.

Have I mentioned yet, I absolutely love this car?!?!?!

Watch this video to the end. I get a nice, clean 0-151mph run!

Last edited:
Check out my video below. It shows the transition of the tachometer at 500 miles to allowing the normal, full 6,500rpm rev range.

Have I mentioned yet, I absolutely love this car?!?!?!

Watch this video to the end. I get a nice, clean 0-151mph run!

Man, that tire chirp on the 1-2 shift is just soooooo nice! </Jealous>

It feels very good. Super smooth and torquey, awesome sound up the rev range.
Can’t wait! How long did it take you? I’ve only managed to drive it twice due to weather… including taking it home. Factory boost is only 9 psi?

Can’t wait! How long did it take you? I’ve only managed to drive it twice due to weather… including taking it home. Factory boost is only 9 psi?
5 days, lots of random drives. ;)

yes, I noticed that too. If this motor makes 668hp on only 9psi, that’s pretty awesome!

5 days, lots of random drives. ;)

yes, I noticed that too. If this motor makes 668hp on only 9psi, that’s pretty awesome!
winning charlie sheen GIF

Curious - I have 150miles and it allows above 4500rpm. I haven't been laying on it too much, but wondering if there is an actual rev limiter or just the graphic. I know on some of the RS/R8 Audi's I have driven, there is a hard limit until the car warms up.

Curious - I have 150miles and it allows above 4500rpm. I haven't been laying on it too much, but wondering if there is an actual rev limiter or just the graphic. I know on some of the RS/R8 Audi's I have driven, there is a hard limit until the car warms up.
Mirza has confirmed this is just a visual indicator. There is no rev limiter at that threshold.

As ejo said, apparently it's just a visual graphic and not a hard limiter. That said, I respected the 4,500rpm until 500 miles, but as my video shows, all bets were off at 500 miles. :D :D

However, I do wonder about a limiter until the engine is warm? I wonder if Cadillac installed that safeguard to limit rpm until fluids are up to operating temp? I always liked that Honda did that on my old '97 Prelude and '05 Honda S2000. Neither would allow much over 5,000rpm/VTEC until warm. Thought that was a nice touch to maintain better reliability long-term.

No rev limiter in case you get in a bad situation and need to unleash the bald headed eagle punch to a face.

Pretty interesting that the gage reads inches in vacuum and PSI in boost. At least they didn't give it to is in BAR, ha. Anyway, does GM still mispell the word gage, or is it gauge now?

Pretty interesting that the gage reads inches in vacuum and PSI in boost. At least they didn't give it to is in BAR, ha. Anyway, does GM still mispell the word gage, or is it gauge now?
Vacuum is measured in inches of mercury, the Hg is mercury.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back