Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

I, like many old people, have a pet peeve of calling wheels "rims".
Some us old people (69) also are in the habit of calling them rims. Formed back in the 70's when we raced using 3 piece wheels (inner rim, outer rim and center section). The only spec the tire engineers were interested in was the specs on the rims (diameter and width) so we talked rims. We could adjust offset using different width rims inside and out.
Also did a lot of dirt bike playing and bike people tend to use the term rims as well.
You might want to save your rants for something a bit more important that wheels v. rims. :)

For the love of the baby Jesus people, it's more of a joke than anything else.... It's getting to the point I'm afraid to say anything on this forum anymore because of all the, I don't know pick a word! UGH!
Maybe you just need to have a drink.

I suggest you have a nice cold Margerita with an authentic salted wheel.

Some us old people (69) also are in the habit of calling them rims. Formed back in the 70's when we raced using 3 piece wheels (inner rim, outer rim and center section). The only spec the tire engineers were interested in was the specs on the rims (diameter and width) so we talked rims. We could adjust offset using different width rims inside and out.
Also did a lot of dirt bike playing and bike people tend to use the term rims as well.
You might want to save your rants for something a bit more important that wheels v. rims. :)
Mr. Mike ; Off topic question to you sir. Do u know Dink or Steve Glidden ? Both RACERS from ur geograph. [Dryer Cycle]

Showing my age too. It was always "rims" and "wheels" referred to tires and rims together.

I love the interwebs. So much info.

For the love of the baby Jesus people, it's more of a joke than anything else.... It's getting to the point I'm afraid to say anything on this forum anymore because of all the, I don't know pick a word! UGH!
Seriously you guys!

stripes lighten GIF

If anyone suggests a name other than car-hole, they can do one, the smug la-dee-da Frenchman.

Attachments

• will-ferrell-ricky-bobby.gif
    will-ferrell-ricky-bobby.gif
    303.8 KB · Views: 41
Mr. Mike ; Off topic question to you sir. Do u know Dink or Steve Glidden ? Both RACERS from ur geograph. [Dryer Cycle]
I don't personally but a good friend grew up with the Dryer family and raced with Dryer sponsorship back in the 70's and 80's. I bought two dirt bikes from them but I just played. Shattered a femur at age 50 but just played :) I think I know who Dink is but I will ask my buddy.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back