Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait times for normal orders

Does anyone know when the order guide comes out? I'm thinking late March, early April.

Anyone have any "advanced knowledge" of changes?

For my 5 BW
: Ordered 1100 04/05/21
: Still 1100 06/01/21
: Still 1100 10/01/21
: Still 1100 12/30/21
: Still 1100 02/01/22
Projected:
: Still 1100 04/05/22 (1 year)
: Still 1100 05/01/22
: Order cancelled by GM 05/05/22
: ~395 days
The question becomes, do I want to put in an order for a '23 and start this whole process over, but competing against the hundreds of other orders that roll over, and possibly be starting even lower in the priority for another fun year of abuse by Caddy?
Here is my suggestion: don't go putting in another order for a 2023 right now. Chances are, you'll be asked for a deposit in order to be put on a waiting list. Why tie up the money and let the dealer sit on it?

You're projecting / assuming that your order is going to be cancelled in April - that's your assumption...you don't have a crystal ball in order to accurately predict this will happen with any degree of certainty.

You have an order in already at a dealer. I would assume that if that dealer had any shred of credibility, and your order got cancelled by GM for a 2022, that dealer would immediately call you and ask you if you want to try and order a 2023 - before they contact other people that came to them to place an order after you.

Cliff notes: if your order gets cancelled, your dealer should give you first dibs to order a 2023....and....it's only February 10th....if you don't play the lottery, the only guarantee you have is that you won't win...

Does anyone know when the order guide comes out? I'm thinking late March, early April.

Anyone have any "advanced knowledge" of changes?
Yes....I'm trying to get Cadillac to come out with a limited production V-Net Goat Rodeo edition complete with Goat logos on the seats and front quarter panels.

v-net-goat-rodeo.jpg

Still waiting on a response...

Last edited:
Yes, my dealer already told me he would automatically flip my order to a 2023 once the 2022 is cancelled and orders open. So that deposit would flip too.

Yes....I'm trying to get Cadillac to come out with a limited production V-Net Goat Rodeo edition complete with Goat logos on the seats and front quarter panels.

View attachment 7058

Still waiting on a response...
I talked to Brandon V yesterday and he said that Cadillac was working on this and would probably make it available for the 2023 MY.... Because i'm the "Goatfather" I will be getting the first one!

I talked to Brandon V yesterday and he said that Cadillac was working on this and would probably make it available for the 2023 MY.... Because i'm the "Goatfather" I will be getting the first one!
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh....I don't know about that Steve....I think @burn813 should get Serial #001....

Ooooooooooohhhhhhh....I don't know about that Steve....I think @burn813 should get Serial #001....
Ok, I will take #2, I mean he is the reason for the "Goat Rodeo"! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,,,,,,, I remember everyone saying Kyle would be getting the first one delivered and was jinxed.....

YES, you do, trust me!
Hey, I trusted @Mirza Grebovic when he said, "don't worry, you guys will get cars" and that doesn't look likely to happen- what do you know that he doesn't?!? Seems like a better than 50% chance of spending another year getting tugged along then slapped in the face, and I've never been much for BDSM.

Hey, I trusted @Mirza Grebovic when he said, "don't worry, you guys will get cars" and that doesn't look likely to happen- what do you know that he doesn't?!? Seems like a better than 50% chance of spending another year getting tugged along then slapped in the face, and I've never been much for BDSM.
oh, ok, I'm sorry, F it then.... My bad, I know nothing!

Attachments

• sddefault.jpg
    sddefault.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 81
This was reported in the Wall St. Journal this morning due to trucker protests in Canada. Not sure if/how this impacts BW production:

General Motors Co. on Thursday canceled the morning work shift at an assembly plant in Lansing, Mich., because of a parts shortage stemming from the disruption on the bridge, a spokesman said. GM also called off an evening work shift Wednesday at the same plant, which makes Chevrolet and Buick sport-utility vehicles.

Here is my suggestion: don't go putting in another order for a 2023 right now. Chances are, you'll be asked for a deposit in order to be put on a waiting list. Why tie up the money and let the dealer sit on it?

You're projecting / assuming that your order is going to be cancelled in April - that's your assumption...you don't have a crystal ball in order to accurately predict this will happen with any degree of certainty.

You have an order in already at a dealer. I would assume that if that dealer had any shred of credibility, and your order got cancelled by GM for a 2022, that dealer would immediately call you and ask you if you want to try and order a 2023 - before they contact other people that came to them to place an order after you.

Cliff notes: if your order gets cancelled, your dealer should give you first dibs to order a 2023....and....it's only February 10th....if you don't play the lottery, the only guarantee you have is that you won't win...
I already have a dealer sitting on my money, and since GM's accepted orders run through April (with very little movement in the early order numbers for quite some time...) that leaves 2 months or so of possible production adds. I don't know what percentage of total orders out there you're tracking, but I'm currently 1/~100 of just those! My odds are getting very lottery like indeed.

The thing is, when all those orders get cancelled, plenty of them will roll over- plus, with all the good press, add in the additional people who've talked to their dealers about being on the 2023 list. Now I'm 1 of hundreds of orders with even less priority than I've got now. Still left wondering if my dealer will get any allocation, and if they do, will I be high enough on their list to make the cut?

I guess what I'm trying to decide is: Do I go get my money back on May 5th? Or do I roll my deposit over on another trip through the spanking machine? I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and I get some of this- but it's very frustrating. I probably just need to step away from the forum, so I stop seeing the all the comments about how people's fall/winter orders took upwards of 6 weeks to get picked up by GM and now they have to wait even more weeks for production to start.

I already have a dealer sitting on my money, and since GM's accepted orders run through April (with very little movement in the early order numbers for quite some time...) that leaves 2 months or so of possible production adds. I don't know what percentage of total orders out there you're tracking, but I'm currently 1/~100 of just those! My odds are getting very lottery like indeed.

The thing is, when all those orders get cancelled, plenty of them will roll over- plus, with all the good press, add in the additional people who've talked to their dealers about being on the 2023 list. Now I'm 1 of hundreds of orders with even less priority than I've got now. Still left wondering if my dealer will get any allocation, and if they do, will I be high enough on their list to make the cut?

I guess what I'm trying to decide is: Do I go get my money back on May 5th? Or do I roll my deposit over on another trip through the spanking machine? I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and I get some of this- but it's very frustrating. I probably just need to step away from the forum, so I stop seeing the all the comments about how people's fall/winter orders took upwards of 6 weeks to get picked up by GM and now they have to wait even more weeks for production to start.
Now, I am having peculiar visions of goats going through a spanking machine.

Seriously, I feel for the frustration. My regular ol' 5V looks to get here about a year after I had decided to get one.

I’m going to pull my 2k deposit tomorrow morning and wait until CF is no longer a restraint. I’d rather have my shadow w both CF packages and the bronze wheels when things free up. I’ll settle for the Rift w all the add ons I have built waiting for delivery in the meantime. I can’t stand that 2k of money is just sitting there w no end in sight

I’m going to pull my 2k deposit tomorrow morning and wait until CF is no longer a restraint. I’d rather have my shadow w both CF packages and the bronze wheels when things free up. I’ll settle for the Rift w all the add ons I have built waiting for delivery in the meantime. I can’t stand that 2k of money is just sitting there w no end in sight
Can't say I blame you. Spending roughly $100K (and more) is a serious commitment. If you are hell bent on CF then you are doing the right thing. Nothing worse than looking at a car and thinking it really wasnt what you wanted.

It would be nice if they could forego the deposit and keep your place in line.

Can't say I blame you. Spending roughly $100K (and more) is a serious commitment. If you are hell bent on CF then you are doing the right thing. Nothing worse than looking at a car and thinking it really wasnt what you wanted.
Yea I’ll settle for a rift that has everything I want and then trade it in when all this supply chain stuff clears for one in the color I want. I’m lucky to have secured a built car though. Now if they would just deliver it already. Been built since Nov 30th

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back