Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

Got a call from the V Academy...I got dates in April (12th and 13th). Anyone else sign up?
April 3 + 4 for me.
Practical question for those who have been:
Do you need your own vehicle throughout the day while you are there or just the morning?
The confirmation letter isn’t clear.
My wife and will have a rental while there but the plan is for her to do other things while I play at the track.

April 3 + 4 for me.
Do you need your own vehicle throughout the day while you are there or just the morning?
My wife and will have a rental while there but the plan is for her to do other things while I play at the track.
You will need a ride to lunch because the distance between class and clubhouse would be a long walk...The distance from condo to class is also a short drive.... I'm sure someone in class would probably give you a ride tho......

April 3 + 4 for me.
April 3/4 also, same here wife will be out and about. Can’t hardly wait!
Me too April 3-4!
Wife is planning on joining me too (gonna hit Vegas for 2-3 days prior).

Not that it matters but I just noticed on the SM website the dealer certification class that I was talking about in some thread... The dealer sends their people to learn all about the cars, maintenance, and what parts to install......There is also an open date for the end of September also...

Edit: there is what looks like some new dates open up for early next year.

Waiting for my call...or email. Maybe tomorrow
Go online and register yourself! Then call and email them to confirm if need be.
... but remember because yours is 'slightly used' you're on the hook for the cost (unless you worked out some sort of deal...e.g. bought car from dealer and original owner never used theirs and they got special approval (I totally just made up this example)).

Ok, I lied, I left it in the rent car, sorry..... They will give you a welcome packet when you get there with a map and its easy to get around, but you will need a car for sure..
Google maps shows a 10 minute walk between these two points.
55937CA6-06C1-402D-9A49-895C824EEEB5.jpeg

Even if this doesn’t represent the whole distance, it all looks pretty walkable if necessary (e.g., wife’s gone for the day with the rental).
Then again, walking, hiking, etc., is a thing for me as I aim to do a minimum of 5 miles weekdays, more, sometimes lots more, on weekends.
Are you allowed to walk back for lunch?

You're not going to have enough time to walk to/from and eat lunch, especially if you're on the east course. You might not even be able to if the track crossing is closed, I can't recall if there's a dedicated pedestrian tunnel and the car tunnel is really tight.

Good morning boy and girls! I found my packet from my first trip so I have attached a PDF file of a few things. You will get a welcome email a few days before your scheduled class with a lot of information...

1 Driving directions
2 What to expect
3 Map of area
4 Track

The Cadillac classroom is the (East) WHITE Classroom, so you would have to walk from your condo to the clubhouse for breakfast/lunch, and then to class... It's all walkable but would take time, and when I was there it was 113 degrees so not a pleasant walk IMHO... It's just better in a car..

The Cadillac class uses the East track in two configurations and I have run both.... I ran the section with the (Bowl) in the 5BW and the full course in the 4BW. Both are fun but the full course is faster/longer... Full course in the 5BW you can really get some speed...

I hope this helps some of you guys/gals and if you have any other questions please ask....

Attachments

• Spring Mountain Information.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
walk from your condo to the clubhouse

I hope this helps some of you guys/gals and if you have any other questions please ask....
This was most excellent info. Thanks.

I'm not clear on where the condos are.

Go online and register yourself! Then call and email them to confirm if need be.
... but remember because yours is 'slightly used' you're on the hook for the cost (unless you worked out some sort of deal...e.g. bought car from dealer and original owner never used theirs and they got special approval (I totally just made up this example)).
Here's where it's going to get interesting. I bought my 4BW brand new. I get to go for free. Now that I traded it, but haven't had the chance to get to the V academy (classes full), and traded it, do I still get to go for free or am I SOL?

Here's where it's going to get interesting. I bought my 4BW brand new. I get to go for free. Now that I traded it, but haven't had the chance to get to the V academy (classes full), and traded it, do I still get to go for free or am I SOL?
Have you a reservation?
The car's VIN won't have a trip against it if you haven't, so it's still open. But it is a fair point no longer owning the car is a bit of a strike against you, no? Lol

Reckon if you made a reservation and sold before hand you're grand. After the fact? SOL IMHO. Pure speculation on my part ofc.

^^^^ @M2Cto4BW ....I have contacted them and on the list for the next open slots. Guess I'll find out at that time.

^^^^ @M2Cto4BW ....I have contacted them and on the list for the next open slots. Guess I'll find out at that time.
Ah OK. Ya if you're on the list, then would reckon that's enough. The car from new is effectively the chance at a reservation, so you should be good then. Again total guessing on my part, but I think that would be fair.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back