Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

Next month I'm going again for the second time in one year and I can't wait! I'm so excited to drive the 4BW around the track........ You have to watch the website daily to see the new schedule or get on their list to be called.....

On a side note my son actually ask me if I was going to take him again, and I told him no that he has to house/dog sit, lol.....

Next month I'm going again for the second time in one year and I can't wait! I'm so excited to drive the 4BW around the track........ You have to watch the website daily to see the new schedule or get on their list to be called.....

On a side note my son actually ask me if I was going to take him again, and I told him no that he has to house/dog sit, lol.....

Now you got to beat your 5BW time with the 4BW or die trying.

It's only 2k(or 10k) if you total the car, so just fully send it.

LOL, I actually think I will be faster in the 4BW, and if I'm lucky enough to run the same track I will feel more comfortable on track..... I told my son to "send it" and he ran off track in turn one... Oh well, he was fine and the car didn't get damaged so everything was cool...

I was there last week. The instructors said they can only do class sizes of 9. They want to do 18. But they just don't have enough cars. They even had to put a 4BW owner in to a 5BW. They don't own the cars, Cadillac provides them, so they're pretty much at the mercy of the goat rodeo

I know your joking but really please everyone don't be dicks and fuck with these cars intentionally like that.
You'd be screwing someone over who would be doing the academy right after that and possibly much longer, such is their limited numbers.

Last edited:
If I'm reading this right, the Vette guys have to pay $1,000 for a 2-day school at Spring Mountain:

thats what I have been told.....
Does anyone know if the 23 models have the same offer?

Yes,

The lady on the phone told me you have to attend the class within 1 year of the purchase date. If you cannot do so then they will ask GM for an extension and apparently so far GM has been lenient.

I am fairly confident that you have to SCHEDULE it within 1 year..... I know for sure multiple of my customers have completed it further out....

Just spoke to MJ at the V Academy to put me on the list when a slot opens up...any one who attended do a buy down on the $10k damage waiver? :) How thorny does it get on the course?

It's a good idea to buy it, it's cheap. That said, there's no real risk of damage. Most of the course has a significant amount of gravel runoff. Not a single person went off track while I was there. There's a few areas where you could do some pretty good damage (run in to a wall) if you mess up but even there the speeds are pretty low.

Watching youtube, it seems like they actually change the course from time to time. This is the same layout as I had

It's a good idea to buy it, it's cheap. That said, there's no real risk of damage. Most of the course has a significant amount of gravel runoff. Not a single person went off track while I was there. There's a few areas where you could do some pretty good damage (run in to a wall) if you mess up but even there the speeds are pretty low.
Thanks good to know ...I am pushing 60 so my reflexes are not as good as they used to be lol. Did Watkins Glen and Lime Rock a few years ago but by no means a track guy. Will be good to do this of course but all slots are full.

Just spoke to MJ at the V Academy to put me on the list when a slot opens up...any one who attended do a buy down on the $10k damage waiver? :) How thorny does it get on the course?
$250 is nothing and consider it a reverse jinx purchase 😀
Another clip which shows most of the full circuit. You can see from other videos and from their site, they have multiple configurations.

I bought the extra insurance... I'd say 5/9 did.

The peace of mind in pushing it for a small amount was worth it to me. On the last day, I purposely got my money's worth - took a turn way too hot that I was eyeing since the first time around.

If you plan on staying safely within your limits, you do not need it.

Anyone going to V Academy in the next few weeks? Looks like your schedule just opened up. :(

(Severe flooding at Spring Mountain)

Blackwings at 1:00 mark. . . avoided the shitstorm seemingly.

Track looks like Top Gear was racing a convoy of Lorries carrying overflowing portapotties.

The whole region got pelted last week - Death Valley was even worse.
Hopefully everyone's homes and businesses are able to get back up to 100% as easily as possible and no one was seriously hurt.

This looks to be knocking out at least a couple weeks worth of V academies? The C8s and BW s did look 'safe' based on the couple times they were shown, but who knows whether they may have still had some water/mud damage.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back