Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

Thanks for the reply, yeah I have that pdf. Why I’m asking if the day ACTUALLY ends at 4 or if it’s really a bit earlier.
The last 30 min or so is when they announce who won the autocross, present everyone their certificate, and you get to thank the instructors. The whole schedule is prettty regimented and packed to get you done right at 4p. By the time I pack up my stuff, go get my wife at the clubhouse, and it the road it’s at least 4:30.

If you leave earlier than that you’ll miss what will probably be your best track times. If you can, I’d just spend the night in Vegas and fly out in the morning.

This may be a stupid question. Are we supposed to tip any of the instructors or staff? Never been to a HPDE before.
Yes. Whatever you feel like.

Worked in a restaurants during summers as a young lad with my dad! He was a Chef for some 30 something years. Tough way to earn it. Long Island, NY and FL. Tips were always appreciated if appropriate. I guess now or days, I would offer to buy you dinner or a round or two? Appreciated, is a good thing! Do what feels right...

I would say give everyone you run into a $20 and bring a big wad.

What amounts are we talking about, since it's a 4000 dollar class. I know Tall Steve is probably slipping everyone fat stacks of Benjamin's, but what are the mere mortals doing?
I tipped $200.00 per trip.... I believe in tipping........ A long time ago I valet parked cars while I was in college and realized then how cheap people are... I then dropped out of school and went to the police academy to get a low paying job, lol....

I tipped $200.00 per trip.... I believe in tipping........ A long time ago I valet parked cars while I was in college and realized then how cheap people are... I then dropped out of school and went to the police academy to get a low paying job, lol....
Did you give one person a tip or spread it around?

What amounts are we talking about, since it's a 4000 dollar class. I know Tall Steve is probably slipping everyone fat stacks of Benjamin's, but what are the mere mortals doing?
Benji for each good guy.

I had to pay for my son when he went with me, lol, a very costly trip for me because I had to pay for airfare, rent car, hotel, food, and gambling.... 😁

Attachments

• IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
Comes with the car, track days inc.....the rest of the add ons we wear and enjoy right? My Sons (2), are riding along with me out there when we head out. I just can't put a price on that experience....The idea of tipping sounds appropriate, without making anyone uncomfortable. I would do it. Easy.

Comes with the car, track days inc.....the rest of the add ons we wear and enjoy right? My Sons (2), are riding along with me out there when we head out. I just can't put a price on that experience....The idea of tipping sounds appropriate, without making anyone uncomfortable. I would do it. Easy.
It was a trip my son and I will never forget! Great father son trip of a lifetime, we also had fun in Vegas..

I was told it would be split up between the instructors so I handed it to the main guy teaching the class... Several people in both my classes tipped..
Same to what Tall Guy said.
In addition, The instructors really care about the students and want you to realize improvement on lap times. You can tell they like their job. At least that’s the vibe I got while there.

Okay next question. I got a wife and a 9 month old. Currently I got my wife signed up to go out there with me, unsure about the baby but I called and they said it's okay to bring her too. However I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do so.

What do spouses/kids do during the experience while you are out there having the time of your life. Will my wife hate me forever for dragging her out there if there is nothing to do? Bad idea to bring baby?

Okay next question. I got a wife and a 9 month old. Currently I got my wife signed up to go out there with me, unsure about the baby but I called and they said it's okay to bring her too. However I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do so.

What do spouses/kids do during the experience while you are out there having the time of your life. Will my wife hate me forever for dragging her out there if there is nothing to do? Bad idea to bring baby?
Yes and just for good measure I will hate you forever. Yes bad idea.
HTH :)

Yea, the joys of being a parent....
As of now my wife will be joining me when I go in April, but there's a good chance she may not come if we can't figure out what to do with my two boys for a few days, they'll be 5 and 8.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back