Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V academy

I can't remember the name, but its on the list of restaurants that SM hands out, anyway, its a mom and pop city cafe and it was very good and the cost was very reasonable...

We ate at Symphony Restaurant @ Pahrump Valley Vineyard. The wines were average at best but the food was very good. We ate there on a Sunday evening at 6pm and made the reservation thru Open Table the day before.
This is also where we ate.

PSA: there are currently no more open dates.

I got one of the last 2 available slots. The other open slot was being booked at the same time I was booking mine (per the person helping me). I refreshed their website afterwards and, sure enough, both open slots were gone.

I'll be out there for the June 19/20 class. I booked an auto 4BW. I own a manual but wanted to try an auto.

(If the person who got the other open slot happens to be here, and got the remaining manual car but would prefer an auto, I don't mind switching. Just hit me up in PM and we'll figure out how to get Spring Mountain to reassign the cars.)

PSA: there are currently no more open dates.

I got one of the last 2 available slots. The other open slot was being booked at the same time I was booking mine (per the person helping me). I refreshed their website afterwards and, sure enough, both open slots were gone.

I'll be out there for the June 19/20 class. I booked an auto 4BW. I own a manual but wanted to try an auto.

(If the person who got the other open slot happens to be here, and got the remaining manual car but would prefer an auto, I don't mind switching. Just hit me up in PM and we'll figure out how to get Spring Mountain to reassign the cars.)
I will be out there June 19/20 as well but in a 5BW Manual. Can't wait!

Anybody else have May 30-31 reservations?
I’ll be there at the same time. Just went to the puma website and bought a pair of sale puma shoes for M motor sports for $30 bucks! My original plan was to buy the new m2 well it turned out too ugly.

I’ll be there at the same time. Just went to the puma website and bought a pair of sale puma shoes for M motor sports for $30 bucks! My original plan was to buy the new m2 well it turned out too ugly.
Lol, nothing like dressing for the occasion. 😉
I did get a 5 manual. Really looking forward to it. See you there.😎👍

Lol, nothing like dressing for the occasion. 😉
I did get a 5 manual. Really looking forward to it. See you there.😎👍
Yah they only had auto when I registered but with how much HP this bugger has, I’ll probably need to focus on just driving. See u there!

After driving both auto and manual at SM I enjoyed the manual the most... I thought It would be hard but to me it's easier than the paddle shifting....
Hey Tall Steve, did you have to paddle shift or can you leave in drive the entire drive?
Thanks and and nice Santa hat!

Part of my commute to/from work includes a 20 mile section of 2 lane canyon road. I get lucky now and then and have clear road ahead of me in the twisty parts. I love the paddle shifter and use it everyday on this section of road. Hence I have become very comfortable with it. I cant compare how a 6MT and the 10AT with paddle relate, but I can tell you the level of fun with the 10AT + paddle is quite good and the crack between shifts is intoxicating.

Really looking forward for my Feb 15/16 SM date. Will be driving up in my 4BW on the Feb 14th. I was fun to tell my wife I'm heading to Pahrump for V-Day.

My 2017 ZL1 had the 10 spd auto and totally agree @dstewart on the sounds and fun for a similar matched car 👍

I was curious if you had to paddle shift at the academy or let it ride in auto as in auto mode, I swear the trans knows exactly what I want/need matching engine perfectly. I have not tried my 5BW yet as I need some more break in miles and I achieve them, then time to play!

My 2017 ZL1 had the 10 spd auto and totally agree @dstewart on the sounds and fun for a similar matched car 👍

I was curious if you had to paddle shift at the academy or let it ride in auto as in auto mode, I swear the trans knows exactly what I want/need matching engine perfectly. I have not tried my 5BW yet as I need some more break in miles and I achieve them, then time to play!
They encourage the paddles but there's nothing stopping you from dropping it into full auto.

My wife and I will be at the V Academy April 12th and 13th (staying 11th and 12th night), we took a few days off (will be in the area from Sunday morning the 9th through Sat the 15th). any suggestions on where to stay and what to do in the area?

My wife and I will be at the V Academy April 12th and 13th (staying 11th and 12th night), we took a few days off (will be in the area from Sunday morning the 9th through Sat the 15th). any suggestions on where to stay and what to do in the area?
IMHO this is worth a day/half day:

IMHO this is worth a day/half day:

Thanks @M2Cto4BW ..I saw your post from before and saved that info. We are prob going to avoid the strip and stay somewhere close to pahrump maybe and drive around.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back