Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Tools and Parts for DIY oil change

Cadillac CT4-V model

Mbar

Seasoned Member
I've performed my first oil change for my 4BW yesterday (1500 miles). This is one of the easiest oil changes that you can do.
You can Look up videos on YouTube for ATS-V since it's very similar.
Parts & Tools needed:
Oil filter - PF63 (Amazon)
Oil drain plug - GM 11562588 (Rock Auto)
15mm socket (for drain plug)
Torque Wrench for drain plug (20 ft lb)
Oil filter wrench (I needed one)
Oil collecting pan
Oil refill funnel = I love this one Advanced Engine Oil Funnel for Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, and Hummer
Your favorite Dexos1 oil (let's not argue about oil :) - 7Qt
Shop towels, the oil will make things a bit messy when you remove the oil filter. No issues with drain plug mess.

DYI = Do Yourself In?

In all seriousness, thanks for the info! Would I be able to do this on ramps or does the car need to be level for a complete drain?
Brain fart 🤦‍♂️ DIY ( fixed subject line. Thanks).
I do not have a drawing of the baffled pan to confirm you get all the oil if the car is tilted). The only way is to measure how much oil comes out ( which I did not).
I changed the oil on a flat surface.

Thanks for writing this up. I looked at the funnel you linked to, and while I think I'll be fine with my regular 'ol neanderthal funnel, it is a neat idea.

Still, that said, I couldn't help but laugh at the product image... Maybe its just me, but if you're trying to take a picture of a product that shows how super clean your oil changes will be, why would you put the messy oil cap sitting on the engine cover in the same picture?

2022-01-27_13-52-43.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for writing this up. I looked at the funnel you linked to, and while I think I'll be fine with my regular 'ol neanderthal funnel, it is a neat idea.

Still, that said, I couldn't help but laugh at the product image... Maybe its just me, but if you're trying to take a picture of a product that shows how super clean your oil changes will be, why would you put the messy oil cap sitting on the engine cover in the same picture?

View attachment 6825
:ROFLMAO:
Or at least dust off the engine cover? Damn grubby VW enthusiasts!

Anyone know if the drain plug is the same specs as the ats v is, I assume since it’s basically the same engine but double checking want to change the oil at 500 then replace the plug with an valvomax oil plug.

Anyone know if the drain plug is the same specs as the ats v is, I assume since it’s basically the same engine but double checking want to change the oil at 500 then replace the plug with an valvomax oil plug.
same plug as ATS-V
Side note - I would argue that Valvomax won't help you too much with this car, because when you remove the oil filter you will get a minor mess....so you lose the 'clean' option here.

Last edited:
same plug as ATS-V
Side note - I would argue that Valvomax won't help you too much with this car, because when you remove the oil filter you will get a minor mess....so you lose the 'clean' option here.
Gotcha I like the valvomax for the included drain tube it makes it super easy and don’t have to mess with plug removal at all, Im old and lazy lol

So got a service card from my dealer today. Can't wait to get the tires on my 5BW rotated along with my first oil change. 😒

1649442669244.png

And in case you're thinking that this might just be a canned thing generated for all Cadillacs, the other side of the card confirmed the rotation

View attachment 8045
You can rotate the tires. The Pilot Sport 4S are asymetrical, but not directional. So you can swap the fronts and backs side-to-side.

You can rotate the tires. The Pilot Sport 4S are asymetrical, but not directional. So you can swap the fronts and backs side-to-side.
Ah, didn't consider that. Any rotations I have ever done on most of my other cars have been front to back. Good to know. Let's just hope the tech knows.

I just changed my cars' oil for the first time last week at 650 miles before an autoX event (because I'm definitely not waiting the full 1500...) and my filter was freaking on there. Nothing I could do would get it to budge until I brought out the channellocks. I'm not mechanically inclined so it was super challenging and stressful for me, but just a heads up for everybody.

Also, the filter that came off my car was a PF63E, which apparently is discontinued, but that took me a bit to figure out as well. Just FYI. I replaced mine with a PF63 per the manual.

I just changed my cars' oil for the first time last week at 650 miles before an autoX event (because I'm definitely not waiting the full 1500...) and my filter was freaking on there. Nothing I could do would get it to budge until I brought out the channellocks. I'm not mechanically inclined so it was super challenging and stressful for me, but just a heads up for everybody.

Also, the filter that came off my car was a PF63E, which apparently is discontinued, but that took me a bit to figure out as well. Just FYI. I replaced mine with a PF63 per the manual.
Use this oil filter wrench + 4-6 inch wrench extension ( for clearance )
Lisle 63600 Oil Filter Tool,U.S.,2-1/2 - 3-1/8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SR4Q8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZN6E8YD6BX5XM2VXDCYR

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back