Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Tools and Parts for DIY oil change

Cadillac CT4-V model
Same here, sounds like we had the same person install our filters. Factory filter was torqued so tight the fluted wrench cap stripped and I had to crush the the filter with another filter wrench to get it off.

Damn, my “other” filter wrench crushed my OG factory filter so I got the fluted cap 😂

Factory workers musta been breaking in their 4’ long picket signs as torque wrenches…

I did an intermediate change myself and just had the dealer do the the freebie so we’ll see how they did in a few thou

I will admit I haven't looked at EVERY response.

What, other than a home hydraulic lift, how are you lifting the car to do a tire rotation? Two jacks with "hockey pucks" might work but that's hardly a great option. Don

I will admit I haven't looked at EVERY response.

What, other than a home hydraulic lift, how are you lifting the car to do a tire rotation? Two jacks with "hockey pucks" might work but that's hardly a great option. Don
You can't rotate the tires on these cars, different sizes front and rear.

On my Tesla I use two jacks with lift pucks and rotate front to rear per side. It is pretty simple and relatively inexpensive solution. The Alpha chassis is so stiff if you lift from behind the front wheel the rear tire will come off the ground as well. :)

Like this...

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 8.46.33 PM.png

Last edited:
You can't rotate the tires on these cars, different sizes front and rear.

On my Tesla I use two jacks with lift pucks and rotate front to rear per side. It is pretty simple and relatively inexpensive solution. Some of these newer chassis are so stiff if you lift from behind the front wheel the rear tire will come off the ground as well. :)

Like this...

View attachment 21788

I'm well aware that the cars rotate tires side to side. I'm not sure I can lift the car high enough with "hockey pucks" and a jack to take the wheels off. Don

Edited to make a spelling correction.

Last edited:
I'm well aware that the cars rotate tires side to side. I'm not sure I can lift the car high enough with "hokey pucks" and a jack to take the wheels off. Don
It only needs to be just high enough to remove the wheel (as long as you trust your jack or have Rennstands).

I'm well aware that the cars rotate tires side to side. I'm not sure I can lift the car high enough with "hokey pucks" and a jack to take the wheels off. Don
I hear you. You could still use the two jack method, one jack on each side for the rear and same for the front. Just make sure you chock the remaining wheels when you lift.

I don't bother with the side to side rotation. If they are wearing that uneven side to side then probably need an alignment anyway.

It only needs to be just high enough to remove the wheel (as long as you trust your jack or have Rennstands).
I'll have to Google Rennstands, I'd thought the suspension would drop the wheels a good bit as start lifting. Don

I use the bolt throught the aluminum sub frame as a lifting point and use two jacks for the front.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back