Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Tools and Parts for DIY oil change

Cadillac CT4-V model
Stupid question, but to confirm, this is the oil drain bolt, correct?
P_20230408_130314.jpg

The service manual has no info on oil changes so I'm double checking. Thanks!

And in case you're thinking that this might just be a canned thing generated for all Cadillacs, the other side of the card confirmed the rotation

View attachment 8045

Technically one could argue the rotation service includes a mount/dismount and rebalance per axle. These tires are expensive so why not, It says a rotation is included 🤷🏻.

Stupid question, but to confirm, this is the oil drain bolt, correct?
View attachment 18235

The service manual has no info on oil changes so I'm double checking. Thanks!
I think that is right but I am disoriented looking at the picture. :) Here is another angle and a video to help walk you through it.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 3.58.45 PM.png

Has anyone installed a Fumoto valve on a 4BW? From their site I think the F137 is the correct fit, but was hoping to confirm before ordering. Thanks!

Its nice that the CT5's have the oil filter vertical instead of horizontal. Easy to get at too. I installed the Fumoto valve (F107FX) at my first oil change. Have them on all my cars.

Attachments

• 20221006_173726.jpg
    20221006_173726.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 60
Is the full service included free of charge for 4years in the USA like in Canada ?

I called the dealer after break-in just for fun and they told me to just wait for the car to tell me when % is down or 1year (I expected that answer).

I noticed the % dropped quite faster after a track day tough.

I've performed my first oil change for my 4BW yesterday (1500 miles). This is one of the easiest oil changes that you can do.
You can Look up videos on YouTube for ATS-V since it's very similar.
Parts & Tools needed:
Oil filter - PF63 (Amazon)
Oil drain plug - GM 11562588 (Rock Auto)
15mm socket (for drain plug)
Torque Wrench for drain plug (20 ft lb)
Oil filter wrench (I needed one)
Oil collecting pan
Oil refill funnel = I love this one Advanced Engine Oil Funnel for Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, and Hummer
Your favorite Dexos1 oil (let's not argue about oil :) - 7Qt
Shop towels, the oil will make things a bit messy when you remove the oil filter. No issues with drain plug mess.
Is it REALLY 20ft/Lb torque for oil drain plug? 😳

Man, that was the worst oil change I've ever experienced and turned from something fun to super stressful. The oil filter was on there damn tight! Took a 30 minute job into 2 hours of frustration.

Tried an oil filter wrench first (kind with the rubber strap that goes around the filter). All that did was dent/deform the filter pretty bad - no movement at all. Thats all I had on hand so I went to Autozone and got the metal cap that goes on the end of the filter - that ended up not working because I dented the filter too much with the strap wrench so it didn't hold.

I also picked up metal oil filter pliers while at Autozone, so tried them next ( this: https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-g...pliers-adjustment-range-2in-to-5in/696473_0_0) and they bent/broke as well.

View attachment 14738

At that point I was running out of options because the metal pliers put holes in the filter so now I was essentially stuck, no oil in the car and holes in the filter so I couldn't just add oil and drive the car. Last resort was to drive a screwdriver through the filter. First screwdriver snapped in half from trying to turn the filter which caused me to smack my nose and make it bleed. Then I got a larger screwdriver and the filter FINALLY moved and I got it off thank God!

View attachment 14737

View attachment 14739

View attachment 14740

View attachment 14741
Epic Dog! Epic.....put a screwdriver in and turn?

Man, that was the worst oil change I've ever experienced and turned from something fun to super stressful. The oil filter was on there damn tight! Took a 30 minute job into 2 hours of frustration.

Tried an oil filter wrench first (kind with the rubber strap that goes around the filter). All that did was dent/deform the filter pretty bad - no movement at all. Thats all I had on hand so I went to Autozone and got the metal cap that goes on the end of the filter - that ended up not working because I dented the filter too much with the strap wrench so it didn't hold.

I also picked up metal oil filter pliers while at Autozone, so tried them next ( this: https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-g...pliers-adjustment-range-2in-to-5in/696473_0_0) and they bent/broke as well.

View attachment 14738

At that point I was running out of options because the metal pliers put holes in the filter so now I was essentially stuck, no oil in the car and holes in the filter so I couldn't just add oil and drive the car. Last resort was to drive a screwdriver through the filter. First screwdriver snapped in half from trying to turn the filter which caused me to smack my nose and make it bleed. Then I got a larger screwdriver and the filter FINALLY moved and I got it off thank God!

View attachment 14737

View attachment 14739

View attachment 14740

View attachment 14741
Same story here! Had me questioning if it was still righty tighty lefty loosey haha - destroyed the filter getting it off but finally did

Same story here! Had me questioning if it was still righty tighty lefty loosey haha - destroyed the filter getting it off but finally did
Same here. Turned into a bigger deal than it should have been.

Has anyone installed a Fumoto valve on a 4BW? From their site I think the F137 is the correct fit, but was hoping to confirm before ordering. Thanks!
I have the fumoto. I took it off because I'm over paranoid over the lack of thread that went into the oil pan. It was like 3 or 4 threads.

Its nice that the CT5's have the oil filter vertical instead of horizontal. Easy to get at too. I installed the Fumoto valve (F107FX) at my first oil change. Have them on all my cars.
I don’t see the F107FX on their website. Could it be the F107SX model instead? The one that can be rotated when its installed.

I bought the Fumoto F137S for my 5BW recently (had the tech at the dealership install it during oil change as I do the in-betweens at home and the intervals at a GM dealer.) The order also included a safety clip as well as a valve and hose you can attach to run the oil straight into a collector w/o dripping or need of a cleanup of the catch area.

I bought the Fumoto F137S for my 5BW recently (had the tech at the dealership install it during oil change as I do the in-betweens at home and the intervals at a GM dealer.) The order also included a safety clip as well as a valve and hose you can attach to run the oil straight into a collector w/o dripping or need of a cleanup of the catch area.
That’s what I like, less mess with changing the oil. I will be installing.

On the 4BW, the mess is not with the drain plug, its with the oil filter which will drain on the aluminum brace. I cut the top out of a 1 litter soda bottle and made a small funnel to fit under the filter to drain the oil into the pan. Ive used the Fumoto valves before, with my Cummins RAM it was wonderful, nothing like Diesel oil all over your hands. They also help reduce wear and tear on the oil drain plug threads for those who like to torque the bolt down.

On the 4BW, the mess is not with the drain plug, its with the oil filter which will drain on the aluminum brace. I cut the top out of a 1 litter soda bottle and made a small funnel to fit under the filter to drain the oil into the pan. Ive used the Fumoto valves before, with my Cummins RAM it was wonderful, nothing like Diesel oil all over your hands. They also help reduce wear and tear on the oil drain plug threads for those who like to torque the bolt down.
Thanks for the idea. I to had to crush my oil filter to get it off because it was so tight from the factory. This distracted me from at least putting rags under it to soak up the excessive oil. Took forever to clean up before it stopped oozing out from seams in the brace.

Thanks for the idea. I to had to crush my oil filter to get it off because it was so tight from the factory. This distracted me from at least putting rags under it to soak up the excessive oil. Took forever to clean up before it stopped oozing out from seams in the brace.
Same here, sounds like we had the same person install our filters. Factory filter was torqued so tight the fluted wrench cap stripped and I had to crush the the filter with another filter wrench to get it off.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners