Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Theft Alarm Issues

Cadillac CT4-V model

TodoBienJoe

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
Anyone having issues with the theft alarm being set off at random?
My alarm went off at 4am while car is parked in garage. as you can imagine, this calls for protective measures. Confirmed no one in garage and disarmed the car. I contacted OnStar today and learned that the code is coming up as TF_MODULE RESET. my best guess is there is a problem with the Module... Anyone experience this?

Is that an issue or might it simply mean your alarm triggered and needs to be reset?
when speaking to OnStar tech support, He mentioned never seeing that code before. typically would say CONTENT_THEFT (generic) + RIGHT/LEFT DOOR ETC>>>

So my (5BW) alarm also went off at Oh-dark-thirty - car was in garage and nothing on cameras. After a number of calls to OnStar and being told by multiple representatives that there were 'no codes', I was finally able to get someone to tell me the code for the alarm was TF_MODULE RESET.

@TodoBienJoe - Did you ever have any other issues with this, or was it a one time occurence?

Last edited:
I wonder if it might have some coincidental timing with over the air updates or queries by the GM in the sky. 😶‍🌫️ Your car is never alone. 😶

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back