Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Onstar Theft Notifications

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Have anyone else had their car theft alarms go off for no reason? 3 times now. Includes onstar notifications plus lights/horn going off. All the while the car is safely sitting in my garage.

Have anyone else had their car theft alarms go off for no reason? 3 times now. Includes onstar notifications plus lights/horn going off. All the while the car is safely sitting in my garage.
Only once when I bumped into it without the keys nearby

Wow, that's a really good predictive alarm...as I've been waiting so long that I've thought about coming up there to 'borrow' yours probably about 3x😉
(Keep that garage door closed😁)

Happened to me while at dinner downtown. Turned out to be some guys pressure washing the garage. That was last Winter.

Happened to me recently in the dead of night. My neighbors were not happy!

It's possible it could be an update issue. I had just connected it to the wifi a day prior. However, at this point I would rather just leave the car unlocked since I live in a safe area.

Did anyone take it to a dealer yet?

Happened to me twice, once while out at dinner, once while at work. Came back both times immediately, found no damage or issues at all. Checked the phone app and found all was ok. Seems like a glitch to me.

It's gotta be a glitch and they gotta fix it. Car alarms going off at 3AM are not fun in any neighborhood!

If possible, check surround view video. My car used to (still??) trip the alarm if someone walked close by the passenger side when a window was down.

Mine is in a car capsule parked in my closed garage both times it happened. Glitch or something. Since the 2nd time I leave it unlocked. Who knows how many more times it would have gone off

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back