Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

I think you're looking at the torque line. The bottom line showing HP is showing matched output from 2.9-3.0k RPM and only 20HP down at 2.6k RPM. I wouldn't look at 2.4k to 2.5K RPM as that's the start point for the run. Obviously it doesn't do 0HP at 2.4k RPM like the graph is showing. He'll have to confirm how accurate the 2.5k to 2.8k range is as well.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I think you're looking at the torque line. The bottom line showing HP is showing matched output from 2.9-3.0k RPM and only 20HP down at 2.6k RPM. I wouldn't look at 2.4k to 2.5K RPM as that's the start point for the run. Obviously it doesn't do 0HP at 2.4k RPM like the graph is showing. He'll have to confirm how accurate the 2.5k to 2.8k range is as well.

I know how to read a dynograph. The stock set up (red line) is higher than both green and blue at 2.5k to 3k.

75mph in 6th is 2400 rpm. A quick blip (not WOT) to change lanes or casually pass is in the 2.5 to 3k range often with 0 to 2lbs of boost. On public roads in traffic, you almost never get to WOT in any gear before you run out of real estate in these things.

Hopefully you guys will throw up the same dyno chart, but using your new tuning hardware when you get that.
I'd like to see the differences, as the JB4/tune does seem to lack some low end boost.

I've seen some pictures of the intake cover posted on blackwing Facebook groups. Looks like the first batch of these have shipped, or at least some customers have started receiving?

I'm wondering if anyone here has gotten it yet and can post some real world initial impressions. Is there a noticeable 'seat of the pants' change in the acceleration?

Thinking of putting the trigger in a few weeks for this spring.

I have mine, but haven't installed yet as I was waiting on the full blue belt components to arrive before installing. But, I may just throw it on by itself since it's like a 15 minute install.

I have mine, but haven't installed yet as I was waiting on the full blue belt components to arrive before installing. But, I may just throw it on by itself since it's like a 15 minute install.
I always enjoy experiencing each mod on it’s own if it’s possible.

I think we would all appreciate the time and your review. We’ll owe you a beer!

Wow! Thank you. Guess I owe that beer now. Please let us know your thoughts as you accumulate a few miles. I’m also very interested in low end throttle response/torque under part throttle.

Several others have installed their new carbon fiber intakes, and have been posting their feedback on Facebook. Here are links to a couple recent threads.

Last edited:
Anyone able to get some snaps from the Facebook group? I know it's silly but I've been refusing to setup an account since deleting my old one. Just can't stomach giving *uckerberg any extra information.

View attachment 16553Installed the intake and green filters tonight... took my time and spent an hour taking it all apart, cleaning out the bottom of the airbox, and re-assembling everything. No issues with fitment or construction, looks and fits great.
Took it for a spin, nothing crazy yet, just letting the ECU learn any changes. The intake sound seems to be a bit more pronounced/louder, but no additional turbo noises as Tapout stated it would be.
The one pull I did make, I noticed it was maxed out at 14psi. So far no issues, and no noticeable degradation in throttle response.
Going to drive it for a few days and get some miles on it before I make any determinations on additional power/issues/etc.
The only part I couldn't move over was the cable management parts that hold the MAF cables. I'll have to buy a couple new ones to install and hold the cables.
What was your peak boost prior to install? I'm guessing around 12 and you're closer to sea level? Thanks!

Anyone able to get some snaps from the Facebook group? I know it's silly but I've been refusing to setup an account since deleting my old one. Just can't stomach giving *uckerberg any extra information.
All positive that I have seen. Here are a few:

“The Tapout Tuning carbon fiber airbox is on point! I can’t believe it makes it so much faster. Incredible!”

“New tapout carbon intake installed can definitely tell a difference….I can definitely tell a difference. With the tb and plugs already the car is getting closer to fast enough….noticed it on the torque and low end more. Also think it added to the motor noise with the tb…breeze to install”

View attachment 16553Installed the intake and green filters tonight... took my time and spent an hour taking it all apart, cleaning out the bottom of the airbox, and re-assembling everything. No issues with fitment or construction, looks and fits great.
Took it for a spin, nothing crazy yet, just letting the ECU learn any changes. The intake sound seems to be a bit more pronounced/louder, but no additional turbo noises as Tapout stated it would be.
The one pull I did make, I noticed it was maxed out at 14psi. So far no issues, and no noticeable degradation in throttle response.
Going to drive it for a few days and get some miles on it before I make any determinations on additional power/issues/etc.
The only part I couldn't move over was the cable management parts that hold the MAF cables. I'll have to buy a couple new ones to install and hold the cables.
View attachment 16550View attachment 16551View attachment 16552
If nothing else it is a good looking upgrade. If it performs as well as it looks should be a win,win

If nothing else it is a good looking upgrade. If it performs as well as it looks should be a win,win
I'm dang near a purchase just on looks alone! You're completely right there. Sounds like it really does get us a good chunk of extra zoom. I don't doubt TapOut but dang is that a lot of horses for an intake!

I'm dang near a purchase just on looks alone! You're completely right there. Sounds like it really does get us a good chunk of extra zoom. I don't doubt TapOut but dang is that a lot of horses for an intake!
Thank you @WONT TAP and thank you Global B.

View attachment 15302

Our new carbon fiber intake system for the CT4-V Blackwing is a work of art. And it also performs! Internally, this revolutionary new airbox design functions in a proprietary manner that increases airflow and boost, without the ECM being aware of the changes. If you bolt this intake to your completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, you will instantly gain 30 to 50 peak whp. Even more impressive is the 70 plus whp gains you’ll have near redline!

These performance improvements take place with no other changes, and no tuning required. Idle, drivability and fuel economy will all remain the same as stock, as long as you stay out of the boost. There are no DTCs or Check Engine light issues. This intake system is safe for any fuel octane from 91 on up. If you’re currently running the JB4, you will need to work with us for some custom settings at the time you install the carbon fiber intake.

Coupled with custom JB4 tuning, you can expect to see gains of approximately 100 whp on 93-octane. Colder spark plugs with smaller gaps are required at this level, and when you add on our downpipes, you can make even more power!

View attachment 15304
2022 CT4V Blackwing M6 on 93-octane: stock (red lines) versus Tapout intake (blue lines) versus intake with Tapout custom JB4 tune (green lines).

Pricing will be $1,188 for the carbon fiber intake, plus $155 for the Green high performance air filters. We will start accepting pre-orders for these new intakes tomorrow. All pre-orders will be shipped in February 2023.
Question: With the intake alone, increased boost but no tuning/maping, is there any danger of running lean? Or, does the ECU take care of that?

Question: With the intake alone, increased boost but no tuning/maping, is there any danger of running lean? Or, does the ECU take care of that?
Good question!

On the ATS-Vs with LF4 engine, this would have been a major concern. On the CT4-V Blackwings, this is not an issue. These cars have dual wideband oxygen sensors, so fueling is adjusted real time.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back