Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout CT4-V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Intake Test Results

I trust you guys 100%, every claim you've made you've backed up with a dyno, a video, or drag slip. Ill more than likely bring my car down to you guys to tune, when i get one :)

Im just trying to wrap my head around how its even possible. You only have MAF and IAT to play with. If you spoof the temperature, you make the ECU think the density is higher and to add more boost for the same airflow. But i dont understand why it wouldnt whack the timings to hit the torque target. Same for the MAF i guess. Whatever black magic you accomplished, theres no doubting the dyno. Cheers mate!

So...I don't need this but now I'm interested. Looks like straight forward install, reversible, and no tuning required? I'm down to get one of these when available next year. How do I get on the waitlist for this? Also, any videos to hear what it wounds like with an otherwise stock vehicle and this carbon airbox?

Christopher

So...I don't need this but now I'm interested. Looks like straight forward install, reversible, and no tuning required? I'm down to get one of these when available next year. How do I get on the waitlist for this? Also, any videos to hear what it wounds like with an otherwise stock vehicle and this carbon airbox?

Christopher
Can be easily installed and/or uninstalled in less than one hour using basic hand tools. No tuning is required.

Still sounds like stock, since the airbox lid is not really part of the turbocharger sound masking scheme.

Pre-orders can be placed here:

I see the gains from the 4psi really appealing on bone stock cars.

I would find it interesting to see the intake benefit on the 700+whp shop car. I'd be willing to bet you aren't going to see a similar further boost pressure bump and instead would see an more expected small gain of say 10-15whp.

I see the gains from the 4psi really appealing on bone stock cars.

I would find it interesting to see the intake benefit on the 700+whp shop car. I'd be willing to bet you aren't going to see a similar further boost pressure bump and instead would see an more expected small gain of say 10-15whp.
Yes, the 10 to 15 whp is exactly what we would expect.

This may be an incredibly stupid question:

Wouldn't it also be logging boost levels, which are now ~4 PSI above stock?
Our ECMs are torque based, which means at WOT they attempt to achieve a specific target torque rating. In cases where the ECM gets tricked into thinking it's not meeting it's torque target, it responds by commanding increased boost. This is exactly how our new revolutionary intake design works. The ECM detects the torque target isn't being met, so it turns up the boost, which is all we wanted in the first place. :)

View attachment 15302

Our new carbon fiber intake system for the CT4-V Blackwing is a work of art. And it also performs! Internally, this revolutionary new airbox design functions in a proprietary manner that increases airflow and boost, without the ECM being aware of the changes. If you bolt this intake to your completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, you will instantly gain 30 to 50 peak whp. Even more impressive is the 70 plus whp gains you’ll have near redline!

These performance improvements take place with no other changes, and no tuning required. Idle, drivability and fuel economy will all remain the same as stock, as long as you stay out of the boost. There are no DTCs or Check Engine light issues. This intake system is safe for any fuel octane from 91 on up. If you’re currently running the JB4, you will need to work with us for some custom settings at the time you install the carbon fiber intake.

Coupled with custom JB4 tuning, you can expect to see gains of approximately 100 whp on 93-octane. Colder spark plugs with smaller gaps are required at this level, and when you add on our downpipes, you can make even more power!

View attachment 15304
2022 CT4V Blackwing M6 on 93-octane: stock (red lines) versus Tapout intake (blue lines) versus intake with Tapout custom JB4 tune (green lines).

Pricing will be $1,188 for the carbon fiber intake, plus $155 for the Green high performance air filters. We will start accepting pre-orders for these new intakes tomorrow. All pre-orders will be shipped in February 2023.
Am I right to assume that this should not present any problems even in California since no tune is required?

Am I right to assume that this should not present any problems even in California since no tune is required?
This intake will not impact your emissions.

Can be easily installed and/or uninstalled in less than one hour using basic hand tools. No tuning is required.

Still sounds like stock, since the airbox lid is not really part of the turbocharger sound masking scheme.

Pre-orders can be placed here:

Stupid question, do you know what is part of the "turbo masking scheme"? What makes it quiet? In VW/Audi, they have "turbo mufflers" with look like spark arrestors inline in the piping. They are restricting. do we have these in our cars? Are they easily removable? I'd love to hear some spooly noise as well as feel it with this new lid and JB4.

Stupid question, do you know what is part of the "turbo masking scheme"? What makes it quiet? In VW/Audi, they have "turbo mufflers" with look like spark arrestors inline in the piping. They are restricting. do we have these in our cars? Are they easily removable? I'd love to hear some spooly noise as well as feel it with this new lid and JB4.
Our charge pipes do have built-in resonators, but that's only a small part of the noise reduction formula. Unfortunately we'd need to change the entire airbox arrangement in order to get turbo whoosh sounds. You could also add aftermarket BOVs, but we don't recommend that due to drivability concerns.

Our charge pipes do have built-in resonators, but that's only a small part of the noise reduction formula. Unfortunately we'd need to change the entire airbox arrangement in order to get turbo whoosh sounds. You could also add aftermarket BOVs, but we don't recommend that due to drivability concerns.
What about a diverter valve instead of a BOV?

Am I right?

Attachments

• 042BD4D7-6CDE-444F-9D90-ADCCF75401AB.jpeg
    042BD4D7-6CDE-444F-9D90-ADCCF75401AB.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 87
Yes, assuming your dealer knows that it has been installed and can make a case that it contributed to whatever issue you're trying to get warranty service for. But if you remove the airbox before bringing the car into the dealer, there shouldn't be any issues with warranty coverage.

Looks incredible! Just a quick point of clarification - the intake alone (without JB4 or anything else) will not require upgraded spark plugs to safely achieve those gains, correct? Thanks so much for everything you all are doing!

Looks incredible! Just a quick point of clarification - the intake alone (without JB4 or anything else) will not require upgraded spark plugs to safely achieve those gains, correct? Thanks so much for everything you all are doing!
That's correct.

Yes, assuming your dealer knows that it has been installed and can make a case that it contributed to whatever issue you're trying to get warranty service for. But if you remove the airbox before bringing the car into the dealer, there shouldn't be any issues with warranty coverage.
Thank you. So, if I was going in for standard work or even just an inspection. Would it be wise to always just put the stock intake back?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back