Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Parking Package features explanation when equipped with the 6spd Manual Ct5v Blackwing

Neveready

Seasoned Member
I thought I understood what the parking package entails but if anyone can provide clarification as to what is actually included if you have the 6 speed.

1. How does HD surround vision differ from what's already included with a standard Blackwing?

There's an SD card reader in my trunk, The quality seems to be pretty great, similar to the PDR recorder but I could be wrong. Are the exterior cameras upgraded to HD with the parking package and if so, what's the standard resolution on exterior cameras versus adding the parking package?

2. How does the Rear Pedestrian Alert differ from what's already included with a standard Blackwing?

My 6spd Ct5v bw doesn't have the parking package but I have the PDR recorder. When I back up if something is approaching the rear of the vehicle I get a triangle that pops up alerting me. I can't see how the rear pedestrian alert differs from this.

This is the explanation on cadillac.com. The 2 highlighted features below I am confused about.

Parking Package​

All Features Included With Parking Package:​

• Not available with 10-speed automatic transmission
  • HD Surround Vision1
  • Surround Vision Recorder1(standard on V-Series Blackwing)
  • Rear Camera Mirror1
  • Rear Pedestrian Alert1
  • Automatic Parking Assist with braking1 (not included with V-Series Blackwing)
  • Hands-Free Decklid release with Cadillac logo projection light (deleted when Carbon Fiber 2 Package is ordered on V-Series Blackwing)
  • Cabin Air Ionizer
  • Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors (V-Series only; standard on V-Series Blackwing)
  • May require additional optional equipment

1 Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle's owner's manual for important feature limitations and information.

Crickets...bump.

HD Surround Vision1 gives you the overhead view when you're backing up, whereas the standard equipment is just the rear camera. Without it, you still have parking sensors front and rear, but have just the rear camera. With the HD Surround Vision1, you have 360° reversing and low speed visibility.

Rear Pedestrian Alert vibrates your seat when it senses a pedestrian instead of just showing the red triangle.

I have the parking package, but not the PDR Recorder on my 6-speed CT5-V Blackwing.

Last edited:
HD Surround Vision1 gives you the overhead view when you're backing up, whereas the standard equipment is just the rear camera. Without it, you still have parking sensors front and rear, but have just the rear camera. With the HD Surround Vision1, you have 360° reversing and low speed visibility.

Rear Pedestrian Alert vibrates your seat when it senses a pedestrian instead of just showing the red triangle.

I have the parking package, but not the PDR Recorder on my 6-speed CT5-V Blackwing.
Thank you, that makes sense now.

First, thank you @division for the clear answer on the Parking Package.

With that understanding, I'm thinking to change my standing order (CT5VBW MT) and DUMP the parking package. Before I submit that change to my order, is there anything I lose in terms of PDR functionality with the dump of the parking package?

To go with my question above, I'm not sure having the PDR is important to me at all. So, any expanded detail / awesomeness insights on the PDR is appreciated.

First, thank you @division for the clear answer on the Parking Package.

With that understanding, I'm thinking to change my standing order (CT5VBW MT) and DUMP the parking package. Before I submit that change to my order, is there anything I lose in terms of PDR functionality with the dump of the parking package?

To go with my question above, I'm not sure having the PDR is important to me at all. So, any expanded detail / awesomeness insights on the PDR is appreciated.
The importance of the PDR can be seen here: We can't have nice things...

I don't have the parking package but do have overhead surround vision so this cant be right

Surround Vision Recorder1(standard on V-Series Blackwing)
I understand. That's why I'm pointing out that division is incorrect on his parking package assessment. Atleast for the Blackwing

Whoops- at least I got the vibrating seat part correct. You know what they say about the internet... the best way to find a correct answer is to post an incorrect answer (only took a couple of months, though).

My seat vibrates too. I think the only difference is the deck lid release and cabin air filter

Well I feel safe in confirming the parking package also has the rear view mirror camera. I've found I don't care for it, but believe my dislike is because of my failing near distance vision--when I turn on the camera mirror, I want to reach for my readers...and that's another compelling reason for me to DUMP the entire package in my future car.

Well I feel safe in confirming the parking package also has the rear view mirror camera. I've found I don't care for it, but believe my dislike is because of my failing near distance vision--when I turn on the camera mirror, I want to reach for my readers...and that's another compelling reason for me to DUMP the entire package in my future car.
I had the same concern at first but found that my eyes adapted.
It may depend on your level of farsightedness and mine is not that bad.
If you can use the rear camera I highly recommend it over the little slit of a view you get with just the mirror.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back