Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
My CT5-V BW is a no options car, yet I have the gap setting on my cruise control buttons, so I presume that the car has ACC. But I can't get it to come on.

Now I'm thinking perhaps that the gap setting is just for the distance warning, part of the collision avoidance sensitivity.

I read & followed the instructions in the manual: To switch between ACC and regular cruise control, press and hold *. A Driver Information Display (DIC) message displays.

The * shown here is the picture of the cruise cancel button (the left-most button). How long do I hold it?

Or perhaps someone that has ACC as an option can tell me that it is actually an option on the CT5VBW. This is not supercruise, that's a different thing entirely (although partly based on ACC).

Now, this is not the end of the world for me as I typically don't like this kind of technology, don't trust it, and rarely use it. But there are times...

Thought #2 is that ACC is standard on automatic cars, but since it can slow and stop the car, which would cause an inattentive driver with a manual transmission to stall the engine, they may simply not allow it for those of us with three pedals. Thoughts?

Thanks all.

Yeah the only thing the gap button does is change the distance at which the following indicator goes from green to orange. Of course if you have eyes and can see the indicator you can also see the car in front of you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back