Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 V blackwing vs RS3

Nice write up and congrats on the new RS3! Love the color, matches my gecko green Jeep Gladiator 😁
IMG_0373.jpeg

Blackwings look better
Yes it does. The angles on the car help make it something special. I just wish GM had made more of these and that more people understood how special these cars are.

I will say it's the best looking Audi I have ever seen coming from a car manufacture who hasn't put a crease in a piece of sheet metal in 30-40yrs.

I liked my GLI as a daily driver, but I love the BW. The BW was my retirement gift to myself. But I needed a light truck for those times when you need to haul something that doesn't fit in your trunk, and for a trailer hitch. So a 2022 Honda Ridgeline took the place of the GLI. It's also my primary winter transportation. Not exciting though. I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds by convincing my wife that we should upgrade her 2012 Audi A3 TDI wagon with 100k miles. She likes her Audi. The body style is practical and we need a hatch to carry the dog. So I'm looking at GTI and possibly Golf R. I wish the US had the A3 in a hatchback. An S3 in a hatch would be fantastic. I like the GTI takes regular gas now, but that infotainment....🤮
Ha! I also have a BW for summer and Ridgeline for hauling/boat and winter ride. It does get sad when I have to park the BW and just drive the truck all winter long. I wondered if I could get a type r for winter duty but then having two manual cars plus a truck really not practical?

Ha! I also have a BW for summer and Ridgeline for hauling/boat and winter ride. It does get sad when I have to park the BW and just drive the truck all winter long. I wondered if I could get a type r for winter duty but then having two manual cars plus a truck really not practical?
Hold up? Nothing is practical when it comes to toys! Bigger toy barn, more toys is what matters.

Wife and i had 4 cars 2 trucks for a few years, got rid of the 07 Pontiac gxp convertible since she was driving the 22 ZL1 convertible more so we still have 5 for 2 of us. Doesn't have to be a reason to enjoy/justify what your able to have, just make yourself happy. 2 SS sedans, zl1 vert, 2 Silverado's currently in our stable.

I see you guys are bad influence! Ha! Just have to weight all the options and having to save up for retirement, college for kids, etc etc.

Which one is easier to mod/make faster?
the new one people are still tinkering with and havent cracked th ecu yet but the previous gen (2018-2020) can make 600-800hp with just bolt ons and a stage 3 tune. and coupled with the awd and dsg they are ridiculously fast quarter mile/0-60 cars

BW is def a better canyon/backroad car with its rwd setup. audi's always have and always will understeer, especially the haldex fwd biased ones

the new one people are still tinkering with and havent cracked th ecu yet but the previous gen (2018-2020) can make 600-800hp with just bolt ons and a stage 3 tune. and coupled with the awd and dsg they are ridiculously fast quarter mile/0-60 cars

BW is def a better canyon/backroad car with its rwd setup. audi's always have and always will understeer, especially the haldex fwd biased ones

Damn. Maybe I should have gone German.

An RS3 as a hatch/ wagon would be compelling... but it's the same body as a Jetta. That, plus no manual, really kill an otherwise awesome car. Love the 5-cyl. and the well thought-out use of the space available just hate the stumpy little economy car look. Although, if we're being honest, the ATS-v is better looking than the ct4... all the cars in this class have gotten a little homely.

I said the same thing on TCL at vwvortex....I was cross shopping the RS3, but it only took a short while and I immediately decided that the dealership was a bunch of pompous awholes acting like they were doing me a favor "allowing" me to put a deposit on an 8Y. They can eat a fat dick.

Add to that the demographic of the folks buying the RS3, + FWD bias... and I was out. You do you though. Thanks for stopping by

Rizzo - thanks for posting a link to the VW Vortex thread...interesting read. I saw myself potentially in an RS3 for years. Lack of wagon version in US and no MT is all that held me back. I also was very interested in the M2 up until latest revision....again no MT and I'm not so much into cars as an attachment to an ipad screen. M3, as wonderful a car as it is and always has been, is just too big and porky for me.

I've been aware of (and respectful of) the ATS-V for a while but for some reason never considered it. I really only became aware of the CT 4 V Blackwing earlier this year and was immediately intrigued. It just does so many things well and is a bit of a unique car. I still love the RS3 and the M2 (but last models M2 comp is more my speed). I could have fun and be happy with both...but I think I made the right choice with the Caddy. Its still a bulky car for my tastes but handles it quite well...and I have yet to really get on it to its full potential. And its comfy around town nature is of great apeal to the wife. All in all its a great choice for a car that I think I'll be happy with and enjoy for a while.

Last edited:
if the rs3 had a manual I would probably be in one. enjoy it while we still can.

I sold my 2018 RS3 for my Blackwing.

Mine had an intake, intercooler, mounts, ECU and DSG tune and it was FAST. Especially when running E85. They're definitely way more tuneable and respond to mods better than the Blackwing.

The downside when making more than 500whp, the pedal becomes very rubber bandy. You're either cruising at 1-3/10ths or going 10/10ths.

After a while it got boring not rowing my own gears and wanted something a bit more involved. I got the Blackwing and never looked back.

I still wish I had the speed of the RS3 though. Attached is my quarter mile time. 10.9 with only the modded above with stock wheels.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201012-115239_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201012-115239_Instagram.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20220819_201854440.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220819_201854440.MP.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20220214_200430448.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220214_200430448.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20220214_200439749.jpg
    PXL_20220214_200439749.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20220215_020746941.jpg
    PXL_20220215_020746941.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Wow that is fast. I always wondered if most of the low time is due to the AWD launch? Same question for the M3 xdrive that runs 11 flat stock.

That’s fast! A ten second car, Diesel approves. But yes, Audi not using manual transmissions anymore really dilutes their brand.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back