Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Saw M2 in Person

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
Was getting my wife’s X5 car in for service and saw my first m2 in person. This is the car I had a deposit in before the caddy. I cancelled it after pics dropped showing awful design. My 2 cents seeing it in person. Front is not too bad. It looks ok. Side looks sexy. Back looks like it needs to lose 20 lbs. overall, it isn’t as bad as the m3/m4. Being inside I do miss the smaller dimensions of the car. The CT5BW isn’t a small car. The rear seats where my kids would go would work for kids but that’s about it. I don’t know how they made the m2 bigger but the rear seats smaller. I’m 5’6 and my head literally hit the top of the liner sitting normal. More head space in CT4BW. Had to slouch to fit. It is cool to see carbon fiber roof. Wish that was option on BW to contrast the outside more. Also it still had the bmw roof rack points even with carbon roof which is nice. They gave me a 440ix as a loaner and the car felt so under powered even though it hits 4.5 sec 0-60. And the inline 6 sure sounded like it was a kitten. Ha! As a kid I always dreamt of owning a M car. Even though I love the BW and the engine and manual are unreal, a part of me still misses that small little OG m2 pocket rocket.

I also had a M2 on order and a Blackwing CT4 was available and it was the perfect color. Also, it had the base seats which are comfortable as compared to the recaro seats which are uncomfortable. The old M2 seats were great, but I wasn't sure about the new M2 seats. As far as drivability, I am very happy with my Blackwing. It drives better than a 2021 M2 competition.

There were three identical brooklyn grey M2s at my detailer when I dropped my 5BW off. I backed mine in between two of them and should have taken a picture because the difference in looks was pretty striking. I don't know what BMW is doing over there, but all these new car are incredibly ugly.

Last edited:
There were three identical brooklyn grey M2s at my detailer when I dropped my 5BW off. I backed mine in between two of them and should have taken a picture. because the difference in looks was pretty striking. I don't know what BMW is doing over there, but all these new car are incredibly ugly.
Since it has a BMW emblem it will sell stateside is all you need to know? The ignorant buyer will gobble it up!

I took my M5 in today to have a few things looked at too. Got a M440i loaner as well! I’m finding it pretty uncomfortable and want my car back. 🙂

I'm guessing this was the last new bmw I will buy..I just can't get excited about the new ones

Attachments

• 20210120_200056.jpg
    20210120_200056.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 77
I had papers in my hand for a m2cs but side said no. Regret it!

I took my M5 in today to have a few things looked at too. Got a M440i loaner as well! I’m finding it pretty uncomfortable and want my car back. 🙂
I would be uncomfortable too if everyone thought I bought something that ugly.

I was this close to buying a blue m2 competition in 2021.
A badly maintained example from turo soured me on them and I went blackwing instead. I sometimes think of the path not taken.

I would be uncomfortable too if everyone thought I bought something that ugly.

Come on, it’s not so bad. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_5936.jpeg

This is the worst example of the 3/4 series “design language” IMO. It also drives like shit for lack of a better description.

Come on, it’s not so bad. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 22040

This is the worst example of the 3/4 series “design language” IMO. It also drives like shit for lack of a better description.
Lol, it's awful. You have the last good looking BMW. I can't believe what they did with the new 5 series.

Collage Maker-02-Oct-2023-01-18-PM-6363.jpg

The F90 really is a looker and has been since the day it came out.
Yup, the F90 M5 facelift is one of the best designs BMW has ever come out with. Not sure what the hell happened since then.

Was getting my wife’s X5 car in for service and saw my first m2 in person. This is the car I had a deposit in before the caddy. I cancelled it after pics dropped showing awful design. My 2 cents seeing it in person. Front is not too bad. It looks ok. Side looks sexy. Back looks like it needs to lose 20 lbs. overall, it isn’t as bad as the m3/m4. Being inside I do miss the smaller dimensions of the car. The CT5BW isn’t a small car. The rear seats where my kids would go would work for kids but that’s about it. I don’t know how they made the m2 bigger but the rear seats smaller. I’m 5’6 and my head literally hit the top of the liner sitting normal. More head space in CT4BW. Had to slouch to fit. It is cool to see carbon fiber roof. Wish that was option on BW to contrast the outside more. Also it still had the bmw roof rack points even with carbon roof which is nice. They gave me a 440ix as a loaner and the car felt so under powered even though it hits 4.5 sec 0-60. And the inline 6 sure sounded like it was a kitten. Ha! As a kid I always dreamt of owning a M car. Even though I love the BW and the engine and manual are unreal, a part of me still misses that small little OG m2 pocket rocket.
Yeah, BMW has really lost me with their recent design changes.

While I was picking up my M235 from the local BMW service department, I had the chance to check out a brand new M2 that just arrived off the truck.

While the interior was much nicer than the previous generation - the exterior left little to be desired.

It looks like a modified kid's car.

As far as the M3/M4, they've lost me with the Miss Piggy nostrils.

I had an OG M2, and it was cute/boy-racer on the outside and the interior was OK, but my God did it beat the crap out of me on the road. And miserable understeer on the track. And the road noise was atrocious. Did I mention that the ride quality was crap?

I drove an M440i at one of those BMW autocross driving event things, and I thought it was pretty nice for what it was... a perfectly fine and very powerful car for the 98%.

We, in case you are wondering, are the 2% "enthusiast" crowd. ;)

The new 2 series and even the M2 are both hideous. I despise the new iDrive widescreen nonsense. The wife's X5 has that, and I hate it, can't figure out half of it, the other half doesn't work properly, and it looks hideous from outside the vehicle.

Don't get me started on the vomit-inducing looks of the new 7 and new 5. 🤢

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners