Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer damaged my roof lining?!?

Your question is not inquisitive, rather to ridicule, but I will entertain it. I’m a gastroenterologist. I perform procedures in the hospital several times per week. I wear a mask when I’m in close proximity to other people in close quarters, such as in the car next to my salesperson/complete stranger who isn’t wearing a mask. Why? If I test positive for Covid I will not be allowed to enter the hospital or perform procedures for several days. This is a major inconvenience for myself and my patients who would have to reschedule their procedures.
That's great! Look at my "handle?" Covid, is a joke and dealing with patients all day is a joke too! Dems da facts.....jee wonder how I would know?

I will NEVER own a black painted car. Even if it was given to me free, I would trade/sell it. I have enough OCD trying to keep my white, maroon and grey cars looking good. Black is a never ending battle to keep the car looking good. White is by far the easiest to maintain. Even if you have a minor ding, its hard to spot. A ding in black paint may as well be a hit with a sledge hammer. I will say that black is by far the best looking car. I would probably wash the paint off the car in the first 2 years.

I caught a staff infection at a hospital once when I had two screwed removed from my leg. Nasty little wound took three months to heal over. 12 years later I still get jabbing pain down there. Infections do spread at hospitals. As for Covid, it’s still around. A bud of mine had it last week, pretty bad. He’s 83 and at that age it’ll kill you. Don’t think it’s not out there, cause it is.

That's great! Look at my "handle?" Covid, is a joke and dealing with patients all day is a joke too! Dems da facts.....jee wonder how I would know?
Looks like the snowflake just got triggered over a mask and is digging in.

That's great! Look at my "handle?" ....jee wonder how I would know?
A buddy of mine uses his initials and name for his forum handles... Duane Robert Smith becomes DRSmith, so half the people think he's a doctor. He's actually a furniture salesman.

That's what is great about the internet, you can be whomever you want to be.

Regards,
PM Justin Trudeau

So you’re saying your internet persona is a nitwit.

IMG_5718.gif

This was an interesting thread and I had nothing to do with it for once... OP, I'm glad it worked out for you and welcome to the Blackwing family...

Oh, I'm not a doctor but I have played one before when I was young!

Why am I receiving a lecture from you?

Not worth the drama…but only to insert yourself into this conversation under the guise of advice.

I don’t live on car forums. I am not aware of issues with Porsche paint. I agree with you, even if you don’t realize it, that there is a difference between Porsches and GM products. I acknowledged this by pointing out that the added cost of a 911 comes with a greater effort on Porsche’s part to properly wrap the car to mitigate damage during transit.

The image presents a focal, hyperdense region with a surrounding gradient/white residue. It looks like a poor attempt to clean a stain or a stain from water intrusion.

Take the car outside in the daylight, look up? Do you believe I would rather poll the forum than simply pull my car outside? I am not in possession of the car. I am returning this week to accept delivery. This was articulated in my initial post.

I initially did not want to notify my salesperson before my arrival this week. I wanted to see the roof liner before any attempt was made to address this issue. The purpose of my post was not to complain, but rather, to see if another person had a similar issue (is water intrusion an issue in these cars? Is there another issue with the headliner I am not aware of? Does this look like an attempt to clean a stain?)

In the end, I decided to communicate with the salesperson and it was confirmed that it was a light reflection, not a stain. Don’t trust cell phone cameras. Case closed.
I have as much faith as the next person in salesman and dealerships. But, even I would be stunned if they tried to deliver a brand new car with a massive stain or discoloration like that. Maybe you should’ve contacted the salesman first before coming here and jumping to a bunch of conclusions.

The price for Porsche is mainly for performance and the engineering that goes into it. Also to get a rear engined car to stop killing drivers that aren’t experienced in driving them. Yes, they obviously have nicer matériels plus a host of customization options and IIRC, the highest profitability per vehicle in the industry (or very close to it).

Point being, everyone tries to compare everything to Porsche as if they have zero issues with their products, sales, service and overall dealership experiences. A cursory search on Rennlist will reveal that the longest threads there are about quality issue from paint, rattles and everything In between. They even have the same dealer complaints about service being terrible and issues with getting the correct spec oil because of the new Euro particulate filters.

From experience, I can tell you these issues are a lot easier to take when the price is 70-100k than 170-200k.

A buddy of mine uses his initials and name for his forum handles... Duane Robert Smith becomes DRSmith, so half the people think he's a doctor. He's actually a furniture salesman.

That's what is great about the internet, you can be whomever you want to be.

Regards,
PM Justin Trudeau
You want the piece of paper?

I will NEVER own a black painted car. Even if it was given to me free, I would trade/sell it. I have enough OCD trying to keep my white, maroon and grey cars looking good. Black is a never ending battle to keep the car looking good. White is by far the easiest to maintain. Even if you have a minor ding, its hard to spot. A ding in black paint may as well be a hit with a sledge hammer. I will say that black is by far the best looking car. I would probably wash the paint off the car in the first 2 years.
I said that too! I then had opportunity to buy brand new off the lot in 2008 26% off MSRP it was black? Drove away saying NEVER again. Well, now I have a CT5 BW and she's all black??? I am total idiot AND THIS WILL BE MY FINAL BLACK VEHICLE!

P.S. car before 2008 was black too! I have to stop the madness......

I said that too! I then had opportunity to buy brand new off the lot in 2008 26% off MSRP it was black? Drove away saying NEVER again. Well, now I have a CT5 BW and she's all black??? I am total idiot AND THIS WILL BE MY FINAL BLACK VEHICLE!

P.S. car before 2008 was black too! I have to stop the madness......
All the detailing companies thank you for their support.

I've had a slew of black cars including my 5BW because I'm a masochist I guess.

My dealership knows to never wash my cars but as some have experienced, your car can arrive with scratches as they often get a lot wash when moved from interim storage to having the plastic applied. I've even seen cars where the grit was trapped under the plastic and add a complete coat of micro scratches. So who is responsible? Is it the mfg, transporters, or dealership? That's why nobody will step up usually. Used to be Porsche would do things like this at the drop of a hat but even they changed after VW's financial woes a few years back.

I've had black cars since 1996, the hype over maintenance is overblown but I'm outlier when it comes to time and energy allocated to keeping cars looking good. I try to avoid black daily drivers though. The non-metallic black raven (it actually has a small amount of dark red if you look closely in good sunlight) would be hard to live with as a daily, but I would still do it.

All the detailing companies thank you for their support.
They probably would LUV me but I have no faith in their work or would pay 100's to clean my own car. My favorite part with the BW is after it's all shined up and then I take it for a drive and look at the backend just loaded with dust!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back