Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Replacement Brake Pads??

CT5-V Model

Brandonvk

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V Blackwing
Ive searched as far and wide as im capable so its time to ask here. I have the carbon ceramic option on my 23 5BW, and the front pads are terribly noisy at 5k Miles (they also are kind of grindy sounding or metal on metal sounding at super low speeds). Has anyone had any luck finding replacement pads and if so, can you provide the part numbers? I've tried everything i know to reduce the squealing, and at the point where i would try new pads.

Appreciate the guidance!

Thanks,

Brandon

Ive searched as far and wide as im capable so its time to ask here. I have the carbon ceramic option on my 23 5BW, and the front pads are terribly noisy at 5k Miles (they also are kind of grindy sounding or metal on metal sounding at super low speeds). Has anyone had any luck finding replacement pads and if so, can you provide the part numbers? I've tried everything i know to reduce the squealing, and at the point where i would try new pads.

Appreciate the guidance!

Thanks,

Brandon
Mine were getting really bad and when my buddy polished and ceramic coated my car the noise went away for about two weeks. We concluded it must be the Adam’s wheel and tire cleaner he used that did this. He didn’t necessarily spray it in the full rotors but did generously spray the wheels and calipers with it before scrubbing and rinsing. Im driving a 5V with CCBs

Appreciate the guidance!

Thanks,

Brandon
There is almost no way possible that your CCB are used up. Go about 60-70mph and slam on the brakes as hard as you can. This will get rid of the squeek. Without tracking the vehicle you should get close to 100k miles out of these suckers. I have the same brakes and this works for me. let me know!

There is almost no way possible that your CCB are used up. Go about 60-70mph and slam on the brakes as hard as you can. This will get rid of the squeek. Without tracking the vehicle you should get close to 100k miles out of these suckers. I have the same brakes and this works for me. let me know!
I dud just this and it seemed to help quite a bit! Appreciate the guidance!

Mine were getting really bad and when my buddy polished and ceramic coated my car the noise went away for about two weeks. We concluded it must be the Adam’s wheel and tire cleaner he used that did this. He didn’t necessarily spray it in the full rotors but did generously spray the wheels and calipers with it before scrubbing and rinsing. Im driving a 5V with CCBs
FYI - wheel cleaners destroy the CCB fibers. Never spray wheel cleaner anywhere near CCBs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back