Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Rear Tire Shortage - Acoustic Technology

CT5-V Model

TK42ONE

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V (traded)
Has anyone else ran into a rear tire shortage? Nail in sidewall couldn't be repaired. No rear tires with the foam on the inside. Backordered ETA unknown. Dealer is being great and putting on a tire without the foam and then will swap out when the other one comes in.

I'm seeing them at Costco in the proper Cadillac TPC spec
Screenshot_20221107-205859_Costco.jpg

I believe that is the “regular” one that doesn’t have the inner foam liner to cut down on road noise. That is what the dealer is putting on until the one with foam in it is available.

Here is tire rack and how they note the “acoustic technology” on n the fronts. Rear doesn’t show.

Attachments

• 0DDF49CE-71F3-478C-9022-89CB0576D0D0.jpeg
    0DDF49CE-71F3-478C-9022-89CB0576D0D0.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 67
This is the first that I’m hearing about the TPC spec being Acoustic Technology. I was under the impression that it was for performance and had to do with the rubber compound. 🤷🏻‍♂️ @Mirza Grebovic ?

Has anyone else ran into a rear tire shortage? Nail in sidewall couldn't be repaired. No rear tires with the foam on the inside. Backordered ETA unknown. Dealer is being great and putting on a tire without the foam and then will swap out when the other one comes in.
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago but Trey actually found me one.... Oh, I did talk to him about his promotion but he said if I wanted he would still take care of me...

I've had bad luck with rear tires on my 4 and Sewell did the same for me as they are doing for you now, so I would not worry to much because they will come thru for you in the end.

I believe that is the “regular” one that doesn’t have the inner foam liner to cut down on road noise. That is what the dealer is putting on until the one with foam in it is available.

Here is tire rack and how they note the “acoustic technology” on n the fronts. Rear doesn’t show.
Don't know anything about foam. What I read was that the TPC spec for this car is due to about 61% usage of the same polymer used in the Pilot Cup 2 tire. I had to go thru some work with Costco to get the actual tires with the Cadillac TPC spec code but the ones I bought are indeed the exact same TPC code as the original OEM tires that came with the car.

I think both the acoustic version and regular version are OEM. Both TPC spec. I had the same issue on an Audi. They put acoustic ones on my RS3, my buddies RS3 they did not.

So update. Only the fronts have the big chunk of foam in them. The back doesn’t. They said there is a small foam insert but not the “acoustic technology” that Michelin puts in the fronts. Car comes back today.

I had to replace my fronts yesterday and the tires the Tire Rack lists as OEM weren't available but I ended up buying a set in the same size with a different part number that were TPC Spec. They look the same but I did notice a lot of road noise on a trip I made down I-81 a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if I got the non-acoustic ones and that is the issue? On some pavement types it was quite loud inside the car.

So I got the car back and the tire they put on is not a TPC spec tire but they told me it was the right tire for the car. TPC is not embossed on the sidewall like the other three tires. Does anyone know if a TPC spec tire has ever not been embossed? It seems as if this is a “regular” PS4S…dealer closed but will investigate tomorrow.

OEM tire will have the TPC spec on the tire. Ssme thing for specialized Porsche, BMW, etc tires.

what is TPC please and are these letters actually embossed on the sidewall?

So I got the car back and the tire they put on is not a TPC spec tire but they told me it was the right tire for the car. TPC is not embossed on the sidewall like the other three tires. Does anyone know if a TPC spec tire has ever not been embossed? It seems as if this is a “regular” PS4S…dealer closed but will investigate tomorrow.
Sewell put a non TPC tire on my 4 for a couple of weeks, but replaced it when the OEM tire did come in....As I have said in the past, Sewell and my advisor (Trey) always take care of me.

FWIW.....As I remember from being at COTA several years ago, the Michelin man (pun) said TPC is the tire made specifically for Cadillac. No TPC, it's just a "regular" tire. Sounds like another goat nightmare with tires.

I got a screw near the sideway at 206 miles on mine. I was at Discount Tire and they couldn't get the TPC, so I got the regular 4S. Tire Rack did have the TPC version however. Here is the TPC sidewall

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S TPC.jpg

Here is the non TPC sidewall

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Retail-1.jpg

Today I went into Discount Tire and they did find some rear TPC tires (58841) for my 5BW. Ordered two that should arrive mid-week. Price was $430 each. Pretty decent price from what I’ve seen.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back