Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

He said it hasn’t moved from the lansing plant yard.
Mines been in the railyard for over a month and it's not shipping by rail. 🤷🏼 and it sat in the plant yard for almost a full month before it moved to the railyard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-205949.png
    Screenshot_20220110-205949.png
    666.4 KB · Views: 141
Mines been in the railyard for over a month and it's not shipping by rail. 🤷🏼 and it sat in the plant yard for almost a full month before it moved to the railyard.
Remember that the rail yard doesn't always mean it will go by rail... Mine was at the rail yard and ended up shipping by truck.....

Last edited:
So there’s no way to expedite that process? The link doesn’t even show a destination dealership. If the dealer built the car and it’s been sitting there since Nov 30th, why would it continue to sit without a truck or any kind of movement? There have been a few recent Midwest shipments recently so you would think it would catch a truck sooner than later especially if a buyer is waiting on it. Is there a way to contact Caddy customer service about it at all?

So there’s no way to expedite that process? The link doesn’t even show a destination dealership. If the dealer built the car and it’s been sitting there since Nov 30th, why would it continue to sit without a truck or any kind of movement? There have been a few recent Midwest shipments recently so you would think it would catch a truck sooner than later especially if a buyer is waiting on it. Is there a way to contact Caddy customer service about it at all?
I have had no luck with trying to get more information. Cadillac always tells me to reach out to my dealer who always says he can't get answers or ETA from anyone. My EDD is 1/27 now which is almost 3 months after my BW was produced.

I coined a phrase somewhere in there that should help you... It may take you a little while to read but totally worth it!

I coined a phrase somewhere in there that should help you... It may take you a little while to read but totally worth it!

It’s just crazy that a new/rare car could sit out in a parking lot under the extreme Michigan winter elements for that long without moving. The winter just started getting pretty brutal out here in the Midwest so it’s crazy to see they wouldn’t want those cars out of the lot to avoid any weather based damages.

It’s just crazy that a new/rare car could sit out in a parking lot under the extreme Michigan winter elements for that long without moving. The winter just started getting pretty brutal out here in the Midwest so it’s crazy to see they wouldn’t want those cars out of the lot to avoid any weather based damages.
You are preaching to the choir bro....

What does the bayed date represent? Can someone make sense of this for me at all so I can better understand what’s going on?

Attachments

• 99D63F40-AD5E-4ABB-9AED-5371B57C1CF4.png
    99D63F40-AD5E-4ABB-9AED-5371B57C1CF4.png
    724.3 KB · Views: 127
Bayed means it's likely been built and should soon get "paired". Next step would be for a truck to pick up from the lot of doom. At that point unless you've got your dealer to activate onstar, grab a cocktail and a snack. It could be soon, it could not.

Bayed means it's likely been built and should soon get "paired". Next step would be for a truck to pick up from the lot of doom. At that point unless you've got your dealer to activate onstar, grab a cocktail and a snack. It could be soon, it could not.
Yea my dealer said it’s been built for quite some time so I’m assuming based off the info it’s been built since Nov 30th and has been sitting since. The bayed date keeps changing so I’m just trying to make sure I understand what all of this means. It’s also been in picked status since beginning of December. I’ll just keep waiting. Just wanted to make sure I understood what everything meant on the transport tracker.

dealer reached out yesterday with an update that we've moved to 4300... with a little help from above, the train.truck ride to salt lake is timely, uneventful, and detours the #goatRodeo.

So, my VIN does cannot be found? A second car that my dealer ordered but was built after my car does show up in the tracker. Dealer still says status of my car is "3800, waiting for shipment".....odd. Seems like something is wrong here? Or is this just part of the Goat Rodeo???

Did you put it the full 17 digit VIN? Did you get the whole vin from the dealer, or just use the partial vin from the tracker plus the standard first numbers? Did you use the correct check digit(9th place)? If you dont know the check digit exactly and want to use the tracker, insert the 17 digit vin with 0 in 9th spot and keep trying submit. Each time change the check number. So first 0, then 1, then 2, 3 etc, until it loads the info for your VIN.

My car has been built for only a month now and not sure if it left MI yet. Jack cooper tracker showed it moved to Autoport at Delta, Lansing MI, on the 28th. Its now been at the railyard for only 2 weeks, which is nothing compared to others. Grab a goat and hang on....

Did you put it the full 17 digit VIN? Did you get the whole vin from the dealer, or just use the partial vin from the tracker plus the standard first numbers? Did you use the correct check digit(9th place)? If you dont know the check digit exactly and want to use the tracker, insert the 17 digit vin with 0 in 9th spot and keep trying submit. Each time change the check number. So first 0, then 1, then 2, 3 etc, until it loads the info for your VIN.

My car has been built for only a month now and not sure if it left MI yet. Jack cooper tracker showed it moved to Autoport at Delta, Lansing MI, on the 28th. Its now been at the railyard for only 2 weeks, which is nothing compared to others. Grab a goat and hang on....
Good call on the check digit. If anyone is bored, try googling the formula to get a CD. So dumb...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back