Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

Stay by the phone...my dealer had no clue this morning when it would arrive...called me 3 hours later saying it was delivered!!
I think all of the squatters in Lansing have been evicted...thanks to @Tall Steve & his weekly call with Cadillac Brass!!

Jeff
That's why we call it goat rodeo. You never know when Santa's sleigh is going to pull up. Even the dealers aren't sure. Lol

Here's a useful PSA ...

You can have your dealer activate onstar and track the location of your car wherever it is.

It triggers the three month free trial period so you'll have less free onstar when the car gets delivered, and your dealer has to be willing to do it safe in the knowledge that you won't back out of the deal or that the financing will fall through.

Knowing that my car is on a truck as we speak, my dealer asked me as a favor if I could close on the deal before the end of the year so it helps with his 2021 numbers even if the car comes in in 2022. I was happy to do that as part of the ongoing mutual back scratching construct. :)

Anyway, I'm just confirming that it works, and it will work even if your car is in the black hole so you can see when it starts moving out of there. (Jack Cooper link hasn't updated to the second shipping segment and still shows it in Lansing)

The blue dots are where it's been every time I've checked it. It's still in NC right now but hopefully;y it will turn south soon. :)

949-D4-A37-0-D4-F-4168-A9-B0-C80-D46-AB6302.jpg
My account is showing the trial Onstar period as 6 months ending in April.

Thanks for the weather tip!!

Yes...but on the left coast it's 30 degrees & snowing :-/

Next week we get back to depressing rain...

I am also looking at Intercity hauling it out to me...just over $3000 door to door.

I picked up my ZR1 in Seattle in my trailer, my C8 from MacMulkin in @Rob 's neck of the woods in my trailer, I might just let someone else drive this time.

All of my trips have been great memories...but I have never made any trips across the country in the dead of winter. Now that I know my car is real...I will make up my mind soon.

I am not really in a hurry...like a few others here...I am going to wrap the entire Blackwing in matte PPF to protect the paint. My shop will have it for several weeks because I never make them rush & they are always busy...which is a good thing.

Jeff
I just sold a car that the new owner had picked up by Intercity. Nice transport rig, but it took them over 2 months to get to me (but only 4 days to deliver after pick-up).

Hauler is parked for the night at a travel center outside Columbia SC.

Step 1: If I leave now and take my driving bourbon with me I can be there in less than two hours.
Step 2: pending

When does tracking become stalking? :unsure:

Hauler is parked for the night at a travel center outside Columbia SC.

Step 1: If I leave now and take my driving bourbon with me I can be there in less than two hours.
Step 2: pending

When does tracking become stalking? :unsure:
Stalking would be when you are using the DOT highway cameras to see the transport progress down the road.

This should help you out

This should help you out
RavenBW22, Thanks I appreciate the quick response. I apologize in advance, I am not seeing where "Paired" is on that list.

jwolf99, thanks for the response, I will check with Jack Cooper
Not sure that you will get more info beyond what you already have. It's all part of the goat rodeo. Assuming your car is sitting at the Lansing plant, Jack Cooper will likely pick it up in the next week or two and deliver it to a railyard in Toledo OH ("TD VEHICLE DISTRIBUTION CTR") where it will then wait to get shipped west by train, or to a railyard in New Boston MI where it will wait to get shipped east by train. It's usually another 2-4 weeks wait at either those railyards before the car actually gets onto the train.

This make sense to anyone? It’s been in picked status forever. When the hell will it move to paired???

Attachments

• CAC2CE5D-0CB9-4069-80A5-88E8BD912F0B.png
    CAC2CE5D-0CB9-4069-80A5-88E8BD912F0B.png
    742.9 KB · Views: 99
This make sense to anyone? It’s been in picked status forever. When the hell will it move to paired???
I'm sorry to say this but there is no rhyme or reason.....If you compare my deliveries to others you can see what I'm saying......My 5 didn't sit long buy my 4 did....Who knows...

I'm sorry to say this but there is no rhyme or reason.....If you compare my deliveries to others you can see what I'm saying......My 5 didn't sit long buy my 4 did....Who knows...
How long did your 4 sit for? I’m cringing knowing it’s just sitting outside getting shit on and pelted by the Michigan winter lol

How long did your 4 sit for? I’m cringing knowing it’s just sitting outside getting shit on and pelted by the Michigan winter lol
ok, I ordered my 4 on 8/31 and was built on 11/15, went to event code 4000 on 11/15.. The first movement was on 12/11 (4200)....Now, my car was bayed on 12/9 and went from 4B00 to 4D00 (hold) several time until delivery on 12/16, and was delivered "early"...From start to finish was 106 days.... Everyone need to get their dealer to print out your event code from start to finish just to see how many time things change....Both of my cars came in before the EDD......Everyone need to remember to not put a lot of faith in the event codes because things move and change fast! My event code print out is 2 pages long...

Hope this helps! Oh yes, let's not forget that I had the first Blackwing delivered in the States!!! Don't hate on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back