Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding Bayed / Shipping

My sales guy told me last weekend that mine was probably loaded on a rail car as well as others but it will not move until its fully loaded, so who knows when they will all ship.

My sales guy told me last weekend that mine was probably loaded on a rail car as well as others but it will not move until its fully loaded, so who knows when they will all ship.
You will not get another notification from JC until it hits the "local" train yard and JC takes control of it again...

Finally got an update on the shipping tracker and to my surprise it looks like my car moved to the railyard even though my dealership is less than 100 miles from the plant.

Do they pickup for trucking at the railyard as well? Doesn't seem to make sense to move it in the interim...
Same situation here. Less than 100 miles away and mine was built about a month ago now. Just sitting in rail yard. Are you in metro Detroit area too?

Same situation here. Less than 100 miles away and mine was built about a month ago now. Just sitting in rail yard. Are you in metro Detroit area too?
I'm starting to feel like GM is holding cars from the market on purpose....but why?
Amazing how simple communication with customers would prevent crazy conspiracy theories like this one.

Same exact situation here. Mid November build date and my dealer is very close to the plant.

Doesn't really make any sense. Crestview in Rochester has an Emerald Frost Green CT5 BW that has a VIN after mine and that one is showing in transit on the dealer's website. But nothing about my car on my dealer's website. It's a waiting game, I guess. I'm just hoping I can get the car home before the first major snowfall and salting of the roads....

I'm starting to feel like GM is holding cars from the market on purpose....but why?
Amazing how simple communication with customers would prevent crazy conspiracy theories like this one.
Mbar,

I think the issue is that Jack Cooper Transport has been severely affected by the lack of deliveries during the chip crisis, causing a breakdown of the transportation logistics. The rule in the past was JCP had 10 days to pickup a vehicle once produced. I think they are getting a pass due to the current situation.
This is just my guess, but I have a DEF 5BW that has been 3800 since 11/2. I hope something changes soon.

Jeff

Same exact situation here. Mid November build date and my dealer is very close to the plant.

Doesn't really make any sense. Crestview in Rochester has an Emerald Frost Green CT5 BW that has a VIN after mine and that one is showing in transit on the dealer's website. But nothing about my car on my dealer's website. It's a waiting game, I guess. I'm just hoping I can get the car home before the first major snowfall and salting of the roads....
LS7Solstice,

I bet your dealer removed yours from their site since it is a sold unit. My DEF 5BW was on my Dealers site for like a day...then they removed it.

Jeff

LS7Solstice,

I bet your dealer removed yours from their site since it is a sold unit. My DEF 5BW was on my Dealers site for like a day...then they removed it.

Jeff

Good point. That could be the case. If it does pop up on the site, even if briefly, I'll probably see it since I may or may not check the site several times a day. 👀

To date, the car has not been invoiced to the dealer so I think it is still sitting in the black hole lot. Hoping to have a more clear update in the next week or so.

Good point. That could be the case. If it does pop up on the site, even if briefly, I'll probably see it since I may or may not check the site several times a day. 👀

To date, the car has not been invoiced to the dealer so I think it is still sitting in the black hole lot. Hoping to have a more clear update in the next week or so.
I am still at 3800 here, but that really is some stage of 4xxx. Caddy Chat says I am at 4000. Dealer invoice is 4200...not there yet...but I was on the Dealer's website.
I need someone to spot a truck heading east...we saw one going south!!

Jeff

Inspect your tire sidewalls immediately upon delivery when our cars finally show up. (before taking ownership ideally) Last night the temps dipped below 20 degrees at the rail yard. Michelin warnings are clear that if our cars are moved at all before warming to at least 40 degrees for 24 hours, permanent sidewall damage (cracking) can occur and it will not be a Michelin warranty event. Needless to say, inspect them and drive safely. An unexpected blowout or having to buy replacements is not how our new ownership experience should begin.

10783386-3x2-940x627.jpg

Finally got an update on the shipping tracker and to my surprise it looks like my car moved to the railyard even though my dealership is less than 100 miles from the plant.

Do they pickup for trucking at the railyard as well? Doesn't seem to make sense to move it in the interim...

Mine was almost four weeks from "produced" to delivery. Only had to make it from Lansing to Rochester Hills. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edit to add: Crestview was my dealer too.

Mine was almost four weeks from "produced" to delivery. Only had to make it from Lansing to Rochester Hills. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Im at almost 5 weeks and counting w no idea on delivery date. Was made nov 3.

But yours did end up at the railyard prior to being trucked to Crestview? I guess I was just thrown for a loop on that.

I think that VDC Lansing is not just a railyard, but a logistics hub for truck deliveries as well. It makes sense for GM to consolidate as many vehicles on a trailer as possible when there is a shortage of trailers/drivers. Just my observation.

Poor GM-4-Life has had his built since 10/18 & it's still not delivered. Many of us were built on 11/2-3 and we still sit.

I feel for you Rob, you are put in a tough spot as the bearer of no (bad) news with every update...like all things in life, the waiting is the hardest part (RIP Tom Petty)!!

Jeff

Last edited:
To All,
I have tried since 11/2 and the JC trucking tracker says that exact same thing, am I doing something wrong, or is it possible Nothing has happened to the car since 11/2?

As of December 9, 2021, 9:53 am Eastern Time

Camaro6 User Name: VIN
AsnDate = November 1, 2021, 10:43 am Eastern Time
BayedDate = Null
DealerName =
DeliveryDate = Null
Description = Pending
Destination = -
DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
DestinationType =
DispatchedDate = Null
PairedDate = Null
DocumentCount = 0
FreightId = 0451583784
LoadId =
Origin = Grand River GM Plant
OriginId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
OriginType =
TripNumber = -
VehicleStatus = ASN
VinNumber = 1G6D25R67N0860200
DocumentList =
RelayInformation =
ShippingNoteId = 7bc4a68e-2cce-45df-9e91-632ba6acf702

-- End Report --​

To All,
I have tried since 11/2 and the JC trucking tracker says that exact same thing, am I doing something wrong, or is it possible Nothing has happened to the car since 11/2?

As of December 9, 2021, 9:53 am Eastern Time​

Camaro6 User Name: VIN​

AsnDate = November 1, 2021, 10:43 am Eastern Time​

BayedDate = Null​

DealerName =​

DeliveryDate = Null​

Description = Pending​

Destination = -​

DestinationId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000​

DestinationType =​

DispatchedDate = Null​

PairedDate = Null​

DocumentCount = 0​

FreightId = 0451583784​

LoadId =​

Origin = Grand River GM Plant​

OriginId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000​

OriginType =​

TripNumber = -​

VehicleStatus = ASN​

VinNumber = 1G6D25R67N0860200​

DocumentList =​

RelayInformation =​

ShippingNoteId = 7bc4a68e-2cce-45df-9e91-632ba6acf702​

-- End Report --​

It doesn't appear as though your car has been delivered to the stock yard of doom yet.

It doesn't appear as though your car has been delivered to the stock yard of doom yet.
Great I am stuck at the factory of doom, haven't even made it to the train yard of doom. Looks like delivery will be in 24, at this rate

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back