Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Performance view on screen

daviddi92

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
Hi,

I was going through my infotainment settings/screens and was surprised to see that there isnt a performance view with any gauges or anything to view while driving.

Many other performance cars include this.

Is this view non existent, or is there an application I need to download?

Or simply not possible.

Is there something that you need that is not in Tour, Sport or Track views (each have customizable tiles to choose from)?

Everything from g-meter to 0-60, quarter mile times, tire temps, etc can be added to the display. What are you missing??

Last edited:
Plus boost gauge. It’s all there. I think rear diff temp is too.

If you mean a "Performance page" that manufacturers like Dodge put into the infotainment to see current stats like boost, horsepower etc that kind of info usually exists because they don't give it to you in the Cluster.

The Blackwings allows you to add actual usable info to your cluster that you can see whenever you want so there really isn't a point of adding a "Performance page" to the infotainment that would only serve to duplicate this.

Its also marketing, Dodge does it because their thing is to showcase ridiculous cool things that are in reality useless. Its cool to see that pointless info on a page on the screen when the car is designed to just do burnouts and make noise but you will almost never go to that page when you drive the car but it seems cool when reading about the car.

The Blackwings have a focus on performance and not focusing on showing off weird metrics that don't matter, GM itself has this mentality with their performance cars.

I like Hellcats as much as the next guy and I can understand having a performance page in that car but for the Blackwing it doesn't make any sense because GM gives you actual usable info and makes it accessible through your gauge cluster, because thats where you want to see it when going hard on track, not looking at a Performance Page in the McDonalds parking lot with 245 width All Season tires.

Different goals but at the same time it is just software so I guess there isn't a reason they couldn't add something like that but I don't think a lot of people would actually use it based on the buyers of Blackwings or prior V cars.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not missing anything, I love all the gauges that are configurable on the main dash.

Like Exia said above, I was just curious if something like this existed on the infotainment screen. I certainly dont care if it is or not. Just was looking through what was included and sort of surprised it didnt have it since the data is being pulled in for the driver. Just a cool visual for the passenger.

Thanks

It's just disappointing that the G meter is not in the HUD. It is Camaros.

Let's face it - the last thing you want to be doing is scouring the tiny dashboard widget to see lateral Gs if you're actually pulling 1.0 !!

If you mean a "Performance page" that manufacturers like Dodge put into the infotainment to see current stats like boost, horsepower etc that kind of info usually exists because they don't give it to you in the Cluster.

The Blackwings allows you to add actual usable info to your cluster that you can see whenever you want so there really isn't a point of adding a "Performance page" to the infotainment that would only serve to duplicate this.

Its also marketing, Dodge does it because their thing is to showcase ridiculous cool things that are in reality useless. Its cool to see that pointless info on a page on the screen when the car is designed to just do burnouts and make noise but you will almost never go to that page when you drive the car but it seems cool when reading about the car.

The Blackwings have a focus on performance and not focusing on showing off weird metrics that don't matter, GM itself has this mentality with their performance cars.

I like Hellcats as much as the next guy and I can understand having a performance page in that car but for the Blackwing it doesn't make any sense because GM gives you actual usable info and makes it accessible through your gauge cluster, because thats where you want to see it when going hard on track, not looking at a Performance Page in the McDonalds parking lot with 245 width All Season tires.

Different goals but at the same time it is just software so I guess there isn't a reason they couldn't add something like that but I don't think a lot of people would actually use it based on the buyers of Blackwings or prior V cars.
Having owned a 2020 Widebody Hellcat, I can tell you I rarely ever looked at the Performance Pages -- even when I was on the track, (I was too busy looking up to see what was coming bc things happen VERY quickly with 700HP on tap.) Most often, I looked at it to show people the "cool things" the ECU kept track of. The configurable widgets on the dash of the 4/5BW are so much more useful, IMHO.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back