Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Order times - what to expect?

Powerhungry

Seasoned Member
Hey folks - I'm a newbie - still in my first week...still learing about the site and the content. I have been following several of your stories re: your orders etc. and would like to get a sense of the timeframes. So here's my situation: I placed an order (6DF79) for a 5BW on Oct 26 at Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. No deposit was required at time. The dealer says the order has been submitted but I have no further visibility, and Rob cannot track it because it doesn't begin with a 'B' (I assume that implies some sort of status). Anyway - it seems to me that 7-8 months is probably what I should expect before I actually get the car. This would mean that I should get a formal build date around 2 months before that. Am I making reasonable assumptions? Frankly I don't know all the stages of the order process so I feel I'm stumbling around in the dark. Any light anyone can shed on this would be most welcome! BTW - mine is a 5 speed, with CF1 and CF2, and CC brakes. I ordered bronze wheels but will probably remove them when it's time to finalize things (the dealer told me I will have a small window after GM accepts my order, in which I can make any last minute changes). Thanks for your insights!

Right now, people that have been waiting a long time are having to remove CF options to be able to get their build going. CF has been virtually unavailable for the last couple of months. If you are going to stick with that, your car will likely be delayed and might turn into a 2023. Your dealer also has to be able to get an allocation to order the car.

I placed my order almost 11 months ago. There really is no standard timeframe. Nobody knows anything and take any info you read elsewhere with a grain of salt. Good luck and welcome.
Thanks!

Hey folks - I'm a newbie - still in my first week...still learing about the site and the content. I have been following several of your stories re: your orders etc. and would like to get a sense of the timeframes. So here's my situation: I placed an order (6DF79) for a 5BW on Oct 26 at Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. No deposit was required at time. The dealer says the order has been submitted but I have no further visibility, and Rob cannot track it because it doesn't begin with a 'B' (I assume that implies some sort of status). Anyway - it seems to me that 7-8 months is probably what I should expect before I actually get the car. This would mean that I should get a formal build date around 2 months before that. Am I making reasonable assumptions? Frankly I don't know all the stages of the order process so I feel I'm stumbling around in the dark. Any light anyone can shed on this would be most welcome! BTW - mine is a 5 speed, with CF1 and CF2, and CC brakes. I ordered bronze wheels but will probably remove them when it's time to finalize things (the dealer told me I will have a small window after GM accepts my order, in which I can make any last minute changes). Thanks for your insights!
Oh so you got a 5 speed instead of a 6 speed huh….? 😂😂

Yes, I'm not questioning Rob, I just didn't realize that was a model number. I thought it was some kind of internal order number. Thanks for clarifying - now I know!

Oh so you got a 5 speed instead of a 6 speed huh….? 😂😂
LOL - they built a special one for me!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop