Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Potential new owner

schernov

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
BMW
Long time Saab and BMW owner.
Currently have 2018 340i zhp manual.
Considering ct4vBW or ct5BW manual.

Drove ct4vbw at the dealer. Was great. Can't find any ct5vbw for a test drive. If you are in chicago and willing to meet up - I will buy you a beer.

I don’t know what the power to weight ratio for each of the BWs is, but it’s probably similar. However I can testify that the acceleration of the 5BW will push you back in the seat, and require you to ease off the thrust before you get the attention of the law enforcement agencies. And allows me to have a Texas license plate that says “0260N4S” (Zero to sixty in 4 Seconds)

I don’t know what the power to weight ratio for each of the BWs is, but it’s probably similar. However I can testify that the acceleration of the 5BW will push you back in the seat, and require you to ease off the thrust before you get the attention of the law enforcement agencies. And allows me to have a Texas license plate that says “0260N4S” (Zero to sixty in 4 Seconds)
I'm no math whiz, but I do got the Google Machine and a calculator. Looks like 8.18 lbs per hp for the 4BW and 6.17 for the 5BW. I guess that explains the $30k+ difference in starting price.

I will be 86 in May. My days of going fast (and a few other things) are over, but I appreciate the acceleration of my 5BW when I join the interstate highway. I have had people pull up along side of me and want to race. I ignore them. You don’t have to race when you know you would win.

Congratulations on making it this far in life. At about half your age, I still have some youthful stupidity left in me. I agree though, no point in undertaking a race that you know you'll win. Doesn't always stop me.

Welcome to the forum.

I grew up in the northwest suburbs for most of my life so whenever someone is in Chicago on the forum I notice. I moved out to CA otherwise I’d happily meet up with you. Anyway, try PM’ing @1Evil55 I believe he’s somewhere in the area.

Also, you could change the title of the thread you created to include Chicago meetup or something to get others attention.

Heritage Cadillac has a 4 and 5 BW for sale at a great price.

Thread 'CT5v BW at Heritage Cadillac'
For Sale - CT5v BW at Heritage Cadillac

The fastest I have ever been on the ground, was about 215 miles/hour. That was liftoff speed of the B-47 in 1961. 490 mph at 2500 feet. I was 23. A long time ago in a galaxy far away.
My dad helped keep B-47s flying from Little Rock AFB when it opened in 1955 (he was 34 at the time). He was not a pilot of the bomber, but spent some time in the air with them. I have a B-47 trophy looking kind of thing on my desk that was an award he got for coming up with a maintenance fix the AF implemented. It sits there in my field of view as I type this. I owe my departed dad for my love of cars and inherited skills in understanding machines and how to keep them going.

I certainly appreciate your service and continued love of cool things that go fast.

I will be 86 in May. My days of going fast (and a few other things) are over, but I appreciate the acceleration of my 5BW when I join the interstate highway. I have had people pull up along side of me and want to race. I ignore them. You don’t have to race when you know you would win.
Spiderman once said....."with great power , comes great responsibility."

I was at Little Rock as a freshly minted 2/Lt circa 1961-62. I was a B-47 copilot.

I was at Little Rock as a freshly minted 2/Lt circa 1961-62. I was a B-47 copilot.
I was in the NY National Guard from 1981-1997. Started as an 18 year old private E-nuthin' in the Military Police. Transferred over to Flight Operations Coordinator as an E4. Worked with a bunch of VietNam helo pilots who had faith in me as just a HS graduate to go to OCS and get college degree and my Lieutenant Bar and then got luckier to go to Ft. Rucker , Alabama for Army flight School. I was put in with the West Point class of 1988 for flight school. Flew UH-1 Huey's for 5 years. Joined the NYPD and wanted to fly in their aviation unit ......in their infinite wisdom, they placed me in the Brooklyn ghetto subway systems. I was offered a helo seat just after 9/11 when many of their pilots put in for retirement (they were at the maximum pension money and had to leave). I turned them down to get a far better paying police job in my home town. Best decision ever ! Just retired 3 years ago and bought my Blackwing as a retirement gift to myself. I would love to go flying again, but that bird has left the coop. The Army did provide with a commercial pilots license for helicopters, but in the NY area it doesn't pay well at all. POLICE= pension & benefits for life.
I will admit that I had to look up what a B-47 was ! LOL !!

@FLYARMY

Thank you for your service as LEO. 🤝

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop