Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Owner of '24 4BW M6

Z51L9889

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing M6
I just purchased a new 2024 CT4-V Blackwing in Radiant Red. I've been a forum member for several months, and I was finally able to find a vehicle that had the options I wanted. I plan on taking track schools in the car, and will be signing up for the V Academy soon. The car has a manual trans, black leather seats, PDR, tech and climate packages, red seat belts and calipers, and satin wheels.

I unfortunately couldn't bring it home today due to an issue with the A/C, but I'm really looking forward to getting started on the break-in miles. The dealer gave me a standard CT4 as a loaner. It's a nice vehicle but it definitely is not a V BW, LOL.

Welcome. If you like the CT4 (I didn't) your going to love the 4 V BW...its in another stratosphere. Glad you could get what you wanted...MT in particular...one of the outstanding features of the car (not available in the regular CT4.

Thanks!

The regular CT4 is definitely not the same car, that's for sure. The biggest thing that jumped out at me is how many things Cadillac changed from the regular CT4 to create the V. I'm a retired suspension engineer that worked with/for numerous OEM's for 35 years (including working for GM for almost 20 years), and I can tell you that the scope of the changes in our cars is much larger compared to the base car than most any other model I'm aware of.

Also, the base car powertrain has one of the most unpleasant-sounding engines I've ever heard. Quite frankly, it's annoying to the point that I'm dreading the 150 mile drive back to the dealership to pick up my car. The base car is really pretty nice otherwise.

All good points. I'm just spoiled (driving very nice handling & modded cars with performance). The CT4 had decent acceleration...but being an auto and feeling generally numb (too me) just didn't do it for me.

The BW versions of these cars are major upgrades - interior, handling and powertrain.

Well on your drive back just keep thinking what you'll be driving home in.

The thought of driving the V home is what I'm focusing on to keep the dread in check. I've only driven my BW about 100 yards so far (from in front of the showroom to the service bay, LOL), but I can say that the clutch is like butter compared to my Chevy SS. The SS had the exact same gearbox and a similar clutch arrangement, but it was like a trigger by comparison to the BW.

BTW -- I love your profile pic. I was quite the beer snob before I started having allergic reactions to some beers. I now have only a short list of beers that I know I can drink without reaction.

Last edited:
The thought of driving the V home is what I'm focusing on to keep the dread in check. I've only driven my BW about 100 yards so far (from in front of the showroom to the service bay, LOL), but I can say that the clutch is like butter compared to my Chevy SS. The SS had the exact same gearbox and a similar clutch arrangement, but it was like a trigger by comparison to the BW.

BTW -- I love your profile pic. I was quite the beer snob before I started having allergic reactions to some beers. I now have only a short list of beers that I know I can drink without reaction.
Agree on the clutch. I had never driven the 4 V BW until I drove it off the lot in Atlanta and out into busy N Atlanta traffic (and up to DC 700+ miles later). I was immediately comfortable with the clutch and shifter and really the whole car....though (for my tastes) its just slightly on the large/heavy side....but thats just me (I like small cars). Its a fantastic car. You're going to very much enjoy the drive home.

I'm so sorry to hear about your beer allergy...can't imagine. I spent a few hours today switching out our last homebrew (a Pliny the Elder clone) from one keg to another as the first keg wasn't flowing (clogged out spout). Working great now...just in time for the game tonight.

And as much as I like beer (hey Brett Kavanaugh)...I'm probably an even bigger wine guy. We have a fine cellar of wines from all over the world. If I had to do without beer or wine the choice would be easy. Glad I don't have to make the choice...sad for your dilemma.

I'm both a homebrewer - and grow my own hops as well as a winemaker. I have a small vineyard in our yard and a larger one (though no too large) with some friends and have been making wine for 20 years give or take...some of it is even good (but most - from our own grapes) is so so at best.

Thanks. It doesn't help that I don't like wine or distilled spirits, LOL.

Thanks. It doesn't help that I don't like wine or distilled spirits, LOL.
Thats a shame...you're really missing out...but I don't eat seafood regardless of what people say.

I probably have 30+ bottles of single malt (one or two aged 20 years +) in the house at any given time...and maybe a dozen of various Bourbons. Finished my one and only Pappy Van Winkle a few years back....morn its loss to this day...

Congratulations I will never forget how giddy and maybe needed a pinch at the delivery of my BW. That will be one of the longest 150 mile trips back there with the loaner and quickest 150 miles home behind the wheel of your BW. Best of luck and enjoy

I picked up the car on Wednesday. The AC was just slightly low on charge. They topped it off and checked for leaks but found none. My drive home was 3 1/2 hours on a sunny 80 degree day. The AC worked flawlessly, and the car is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get through the break-in period.

1 month update. I now have 850 miles on the car. Some observations:

1) Even though I knew this already based on my career as a Suspension Engineer, MagneRide Gen 4 is magical. Nothing else I've driven with similar handling capabilities rides anywhere near as good as the Blackwing.

2) This manual trans is the same basic series as the one in my 2015 SS, but shift feel and precision is noticeably better than the SS even without being fully broken in.

3) I've only done one light run through 1st and 2nd thus far (full throttle, but granny shifted at 5K rpm), but the car feels pretty powerful. It does feel like it will be noticeably faster than my SS was once I get it fully broken in. I've also rolled into the throttle a couple of times in 2nd and 3rd, and turbo lag is minimal. I've been a confirmed V8 muscle car guy for most of my life, and I'm really impressed with how good this car sounds with the V6. A couple of my neighbors also commented on how good it sounds. It's obvious Cadillac paid a lot of attention to this.

4) The pedal placement is really good and heel/toe downshifts are no problem. That said, I've been mostly turning on rev match and letting the ECU do its thing. It works great, and the burble sound from the exhaust in V mode after a downshift is very entertaining, lol.

So far, I have zero complaints about the car, and just 1-2 very minor annoyances. The biggest one is that the HVAC fan goes nearly to full speed you first start the car, and it sounds like an idling airliner, lol. That was actually my wife's first comment when she rode in the car. Other than that, the car is amazingly comfortable and quiet when just cruising around town. I find the interior to be quite attractive, although the materials seem to me to be a bit low-rent for the price point. Material quality wise, I think the Chevy SS was better in this regard.

I have zero regrets over this purchase. I'm looking forward to hitting 1500 miles so I can really get on it.

1 month update. I now have 850 miles on the car. Some observations:

1) Even though I knew this already based on my career as a Suspension Engineer, MagneRide Gen 4 is magical. Nothing else I've driven with similar handling capabilities rides anywhere near as good as the Blackwing.

2) This manual trans is the same basic series as the one in my 2015 SS, but shift feel and precision is noticeably better than the SS even without being fully broken in.

3) I've only done one light run through 1st and 2nd thus far (full throttle, but granny shifted at 5K rpm), but the car feels pretty powerful. It does feel like it will be noticeably faster than my SS was once I get it fully broken in. I've also rolled into the throttle a couple of times in 2nd and 3rd, and turbo lag is minimal. I've been a confirmed V8 muscle car guy for most of my life, and I'm really impressed with how good this car sounds with the V6. A couple of my neighbors also commented on how good it sounds. It's obvious Cadillac paid a lot of attention to this.

4) The pedal placement is really good and heel/toe downshifts are no problem. That said, I've been mostly turning on rev match and letting the ECU do its thing. It works great, and the burble sound from the exhaust in V mode after a downshift is very entertaining, lol.

So far, I have zero complaints about the car, and just 1-2 very minor annoyances. The biggest one is that the HVAC fan goes nearly to full speed you first start the car, and it sounds like an idling airliner, lol. That was actually my wife's first comment when she rode in the car. Other than that, the car is amazingly comfortable and quiet when just cruising around town. I find the interior to be quite attractive, although the materials seem to me to be a bit low-rent for the price point. Material quality wise, I think the Chevy SS was better in this regard.

I have zero regrets over this purchase. I'm looking forward to hitting 1500 miles so I can really get on it.
Set the auto climate control max speed to 'Low' or 'Medium'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_000752.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_000752.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 24
I did change that setting to low prior to posting my comments. It did nothing to resolve the issue.

Make sure your logged into your profile in the vehicle, not the app, and using the associated key. If that doesn't work, toggle between the different max settings in the vehicle. If that doesn't work, the software will need to be reinstalled at a GM dealership.

Thank you for the info. I was using the correct key, but I'm not sure if I was using my profile in the vehicle. I'll check into it.

Glad you are continuing to enjoy your new ride! You are in for a treat after full break in. These cars rip and handle like a dream. I also have a 2021 GT500 CFTP which is a pretty intense car to drive and insanely fast, and I still love going from it to the CT4BW. The Blackwing still feels incredibly quick and fast in comparison. More civil and refined, but still has a great raw edge to it when you push it a little.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back