Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New CT4-v BW owner: commuting 400 miles a week for the next 6 mos.

hrsn

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW
New job situation next year meant the end of my beloved 2007 BMW 335i convertible, whose turbos were wheezing and burning oil at 97k miles. I have to drive 180 miles from CT to VT and back once a week for half a year; that car couldn't cut it. I want and need modern safety features!

( was into that car for its 300 hp I6 engine, which mated perfectly with the manual transmission I ordered. Memorable call from dealer after order was placed: "Uh, just to confirm that manual vs. automatic transmission." Evidently unusual for the USA at that time. Hell yes!).

While I really hoped that an MB E 53 (I6 with electric assist) would be the solution (I learned to drive on an 1969 MB 280SL), as I read around I realized that Cadillac had manual transmission, high-horsepower models that--thanks to the fantastic dampers--were reviewed with much greater enthusiasm. Plus value! Good experience at the dealer (Blasius, in Waterbury CT). Why not?

I'm a week into a CT4-V BW 6M (still breaking it in), have done one commute, and this car is the bomb! Comfort, ease of driving, responsiveness to input, coddling of owner...I'm definitely going to take advantage of the driving school! And my first trip was with rear seats folded down so I could stuff all the things needed for the new thing.

So, I have several roughly parallel routes mapped out for this commute. There is an interstate option (I 91) which is fine. But I explored one of the back roads, and I can't wait to find more!

the fantastic dampers

My prior car had 305 hp, and was the most powerful car I had ever owned. So my eyes were totally fixated on that horsepower number when I bought my 4BW. The suspension has been a revelation. The 4BW would be spectacular with 350 hp.

Grats and welcome!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners