Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First oil change - WTF?

Snowwolfe

Seasoned Member
Made an appointment for first oil/filter change at local GM dealer. This place gave up their Cadillac franchise about 12 months ago. They assured me twice they could still do warranty service on Cadillacs. Local dealership, Dave Kirk, Crossville TN. Nice people and they know how to operate on cars.
Service tech plugged in my cars info and my personal information and printed all the paperwork. Paperwork showed my warranty status as invalid. I am the original owner of the car and purchased it new in July 22.
Computer was showing oil life at 35%. Mileage is 2.395.
Guess I am going to have to call corporate next week and try to find out why Cadillac shows the car’s warranty status as invalid. It’s always something anymore.
Rant over.
PS: They did do the oil/filter change and promised to mail me the receipt soon. Thay had a manager override the “invalid warranty”.

Last edited:
Hopefully they used the correct oil.

Made an appointment for first oil/filter change at local GM dealer. This place gave up their Cadillac franchise about 12 months ago. They assured me twice they could still do warranty service on Cadillacs. Local dealership, Dave Kirk, Crossville TN. Nice people and they know how to operate on cars.
Service tech plugged in my cars info and my personal information and printed all the paperwork. Paperwork showed my warranty status as invalid. I am the original owner of the car and purchased it new in July 22.
Computer was showing oil life at 35%. Mileage is 2.395.
Guess I am going to have to call corporate next week and try to find out why Cadillac shows the car’s warranty status as invalid. It’s always something anymore.
Rant over.
PS: They did do the oil/filter change and promised to mail me the receipt soon. Thay had a manager override the “invalid warranty”.
Have you ever logged into the Cadillac Owners center?

You should be able to pull up your car by VIN and see outstanding recalls, warranty info, etc. If not, then they probably fudged something up in the system when registering the car as sold.

Have you ever logged into the Cadillac Owners center?

You should be able to pull up your car by VIN and see outstanding recalls, warranty info, etc. If not, then they probably fudged something up in the system when registering the car as sold.
Thanks, I just checked that site. It shows the car has full and active warrantys.
Guess now I am leaning towards it is a dealership glitch.

Thanks, I just checked that site. It shows the car has full and active warrantys.
Guess now I am leaning towards it is a dealership glitch.
Yes, When I went to get my first oil change done the authorized Cadillac dealer did not see a warranty for my vehicle either. I called the dealer I bought the car from and was told that GM is in the process of changing their warranty system and it could "take some time" before all dealership are in sync. I had the dealer I bought the car from send my the first few pages of the warranty so that I could keep in the car as proof of warranty until such time as all the dealer are on the same page so to speak.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back